Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I bought the Jasmine Silk as recommended on here. I like the non slip side, also that's how I iron it. Only thing is it's a really tight fit now I have bought the Premier Inn pillows.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I have a mulberry silk one from Amazon with a zip. Cost about £12. Eldest DD does as well. Made a big difference to knotty hair in a morning. Wash by hand.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

I've ordered a pair today from mommesilk. Subscribed to emails for 10% off first order.

Never tried tried silk pillowcases before. I've decided to try to stop having my keratin straightening treatment and embrace my curls.

Honestly all the stuff I'm buying to start this journey is costing me a blumming fortune 😂
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Honestly all the stuff I'm buying to start this journey is costing me a blumming fortune 😂
I know this feeling. I've just run out of my sheamoisture hair mask and of course it isn't on offer at the moment.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiendj View Post
I know this feeling. I've just run out of my sheamoisture hair mask and of course it isn't on offer at the moment.
I'm following so many curly haired people on Instagram. Still no idea what I'm doing 😂
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mrs S has one and loves it, me, I’m a cheap skate
Old 24 Nov 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Over the summer I tried to embrace the curly girl method and part of that was to buy a silk pillow case. I really like mine and have been handwashing so very interested to read others have machine washed.

I'm early on in the curly girl journey, also watched loads of you tube how to vids. While the initial outlay of shampoo, conditioner, curling cream, gel, pillow case etc was pricey I'm only washing my hair once per week. I refresh each morning with water and don't use additional styling products etc, so actually I think the products will last longer as I'm using them less frequently. I used to wash and style my hair every other day, but I've realised it really doesn't need it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I have a silk pillowcase and I really like it
I also bought a pair of silk face masks at the start of the pandemic and it was such a great investment
Old 25 Nov 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I bought one but can’t get on with it, I just slide right off!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I love mine. I bought it from John Lewis with vouchers I’d been given as a gift. I absolutely wouldn’t be without it.

I’ve got straight hair and it’s still smooth in the morning. Don’t know about the skin benefits, I think I look less wrinkled but I might just be hoping.

What I do love it for, is keeping me cool through the night and I am pretty positive that’s helped me sleep better.

I wash mine in the machine inside a mesh bag.