Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Nov 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Those pancakes look AMAZING!
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

After our bike ride, we headed to catch our Duck Tour which I’d booked at a discount via groupon. We checked in but were about 30 mins early so we decided to stop by a nearby McDonalds for a McGriddle which is part of their USA breakfast range. We chose a sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle meal including hash brown and a Diet Coke.

We love McGriddles. It’s basically like a sweet McMuffin as the griddles are like little pancakes with a maple syrup flavour. They’re really good!

This was $7.41 for the meal.

We then went on the Duck Tour which was fab! I would really recommend doing this if you’re staying on Miami Beach. It’s a 90 minute tour on a vehicle which doubles as a bus and a boat. The tour guide was great and gave us lots of cool facts and then when you go on the water you see a lot of very expensive mansions and yachts of different famous people.

After the tour, we headed for Benh Mi. This is a pretty new quick service place just off Espanola Way. They do an array of different hot sandwiches plus loaded fries and chicken buckets.

To drink, we both got the Yuzu Lemonade. It came in a bag that you could carry around which was different and it was really tasty.

To eat, we ordered the xtra crunchy chicken tender bucket which came with seasoned waffle fries and one dip choice from Yuzu Kosho Ranch, Roasted Banana Ketchup or Tamarind BBQ. The lovely man working there however gave us all three to try which was great.

We also ordered the loaded street fries with Umami Mayo, Tamarind BBQ, Scallions and BBQ Short Rib.

All of this was amazing - really, really good. The chicken was super crunchy and was seasoned so well, the waffle fries were perfect and all of the sources were so different to anything we’d had before! I’m so glad they let us try them all. The loaded fries were also great and the short rib was so tender. Yum! You have to try this place if you’re on Miami Beach. It’s in a great location and the total came to just over $40. We gave them a 15% tip too even though it was quick service as it was just so good and they’re clearly a new business who really care about what they do.

From there, we walked up Lincoln Road and did a bit of shopping. We ended up buying a Britto Mickey Mouse statue as we’d seen Britto in so many places and felt like it was the right souvenir to get! I also went to Pandora and bought a Harry Potter charm in preparation for next week

While we waited for the trolley back to the hotel, we stopped by Haagen Dazs and ordered a wildberry smoothie.

This was really nice however we’d failed to look at the price before ordering and it cost $11. Most expensive smoothie ever!

On the way back, we decided to stop by the Eden Roc and Fontainebleau hotels for a quick look around. We’d actually booked the Eden Roc for this trip until a few weeks ago when I decided to change to the Cadillac as we could get a much better room for the same cost (and the location is slightly better for us too, being closer to south beach). Both hotels looked lovely and the Fontainebleau particularly was so grand!

A great day so far. Off to the pool and jacuzzi for a bit now

Edited at 09:51 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Looks like you had an amazing day and that food has me drooling hah
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Such great food! You look like you are having an amazing time and your cocktails are fabulous.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
Looks like you had an amazing day and that food has me drooling hah
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Such great food! You look like you are having an amazing time and your cocktails are fabulous.
The food has really been amazing! Some pre-planned and other spontaneous, but all really good. The cocktails have definitely been more spontaneous but always good

Tonight we’re heading to a dessert place called Icy n Spicy. If you’ve never heard of it, look it up, they make the most ridiculous desserts
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

So last night we couldn’t decide where to eat. We still had a few places on our initial list that we hadn’t managed to get to such as The Big Pink, but we didn’t really fancy diner style food. We therefore caught the trolley down to Lincoln Road and had a wander around looking at the different restaurants before remembering the Time Out Market was open. The Time Out Market is an indoor venue with loads of different food stalls and you can order from any of them you wish and eat it all together.

I fancied pizza and went to the Square Pie City booth and ordered a half pie of Detroit style pepperoni pizza. Note that the ‘half’ is important…

It was HUGE! A full pie I presume could’ve fed a whole family so if you need an easy and reasonably priced dinner in Miami, this is the place to be We ended up boxing up 1.5 of the 4 slices and took them back to the hotel for breakfast.

W ordered two items because he was starving (slight regrets when we saw my pizza!). First he went for a Cuban Sandwich from The Local Cuban, as this is one food item we’d missed when we left Little Havana early the other day. It also came with plantain chips.

He loved this and I also tried it and thought it was nice. We’ve not tried a Cuban Sandwich before so not sure if we were expecting something totally different to anything we’ve had previously but this reminded us of a New York Reuben sandwich (which W loves). The plantain chips were good too.

He also ordered a Mixed Ceviche from 33 Kitchen which is Peruvian cuisine. W loves ceviche after having it in Mexico.

For anyone that doesn’t know, ceviche is fish ‘marinated’ in lemon juice. This particular one included corvina, octopus and shrimp with corn and sweet potato purée. W said it had a different flavour to the Mexican version but was really good! He enjoyed it a lot but he still prefers the Mexican style.

Overall we spent approx. $55 in the Time Out Market but with the portion sizes, could’ve easily spent less!

We then went to pick up a Strawberry Açai with Lemonade from Starbucks. I’d ordered the largest size however they misheard me and we ended up with a tiny one

Finally we walked around to Ocean Drive and took in all of the sights down there for one last time. We were saying how much we’ve loved Miami and would like to come back.

Our final food stop was at Icy n Spicy. They are apparently tiktok famous although I don’t use tiktok, but we’ve seen them on other social media platforms and they make the most crazy desserts like ice cream tacos with cotton candy as the taco!

We weren’t that brave or hungry though and just went for a soft serve vanilla ice cream to share in a red velvet cone with Oreo topping. It looked almost too good to eat (and tasted as good as it looked!).

Another great evening. We then came back to the balcony and had a couple of drinks from the shop with our amazing view.

We are sad to be leaving Miami today but excited to be exploring somewhere new again in Fort Lauderdale next before going onto Orlando on Saturday.

We’re going to have one last dip in the sea and pool here first before checking out this morning and travelling up to Fort Lauderdale.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited at 02:21 PM.
Old 25 Nov 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
After our bike ride, we headed to catch our Duck Tour which I’d booked at a discount via groupon. We checked in but were about 30 mins early so we decided to stop by a nearby McDonalds for a McGriddle which is part of their USA breakfast range. We chose a sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle meal including hash brown and a Diet Coke.

We love McGriddles. It’s basically like a sweet McMuffin as the griddles are like little pancakes with a maple syrup flavour. They’re really good!

This was $7.41 for the meal.

We then went on the Duck Tour which was fab! I would really recommend doing this if you’re staying on Miami Beach. It’s a 90 minute tour on a vehicle which doubles as a bus and a boat. The tour guide was great and gave us lots of cool facts and then when you go on the water you see a lot of very expensive mansions and yachts of different famous people.

After the tour, we headed for Benh Mi. This is a pretty new quick service place just off Espanola Way. They do an array of different hot sandwiches plus loaded fries and chicken buckets.

To drink, we both got the Yuzu Lemonade. It came in a bag that you could carry around which was different and it was really tasty.

To eat, we ordered the xtra crunchy chicken tender bucket which came with seasoned waffle fries and one dip choice from Yuzu Kosho Ranch, Roasted Banana Ketchup or Tamarind BBQ. The lovely man working there however gave us all three to try which was great.

We also ordered the loaded street fries with Umami Mayo, Tamarind BBQ, Scallions and BBQ Short Rib.

All of this was amazing - really, really good. The chicken was super crunchy and was seasoned so well, the waffle fries were perfect and all of the sources were so different to anything we’d had before! I’m so glad they let us try them all. The loaded fries were also great and the short rib was so tender. Yum! You have to try this place if you’re on Miami Beach. It’s in a great location and the total came to just over $40. We gave them a 15% tip too even though it was quick service as it was just so good and they’re clearly a new business who really care about what they do.

From there, we walked up Lincoln Road and did a bit of shopping. We ended up buying a Britto Mickey Mouse statue as we’d seen Britto in so many places and felt like it was the right souvenir to get! I also went to Pandora and bought a Harry Potter charm in preparation for next week

While we waited for the trolley back to the hotel, we stopped by Haagen Dazs and ordered a wildberry smoothie.

This was really nice however we’d failed to look at the price before ordering and it cost $11. Most expensive smoothie ever!

On the way back, we decided to stop by the Eden RandFontainebleau hotels for a quick look around. We’d actually booked the Eden Roc for this trip until a few weeks ago when I decided to change to the Cadillac as we could get a much better room for the same cost (and the location is slightly better for us too, being closer to south beach). Both hotels looked lovely and the Fontainebleau particularly was so grand!

A great day so far. Off to the pool and jacuzzi for a bit now
That food has just made my pesto pasta lunch seem very underwhelming .
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
So last night we couldn’t decide where to eat. We still had a few places on our initial list that we hadn’t managed to get to such as The Big Pink, but we didn’t really fancy diner style food. We therefore caught the trolley down to Lincoln Road and had a wander around looking at the different restaurants before remembering the Time Out Market was open. The Time Out Market is an indoor venue with loads of different food stalls and you can order from any of them you wish and eat it all together.

I fancied pizza and went to the Square Pie City booth and ordered a half pie of Detroit style pepperoni pizza. Note that the ‘half’ is important…

It was HUGE! A full pie I presume could’ve fed a whole family so if you need an easy and reasonably priced dinner in Miami, this is the place to be We ended up boxing up 1.5 of the 4 slices and took them back to the hotel for breakfast.

W ordered two items because he was starving (slight regrets when we saw my pizza!). First he went for a Cuban Sandwich from The Local Cuban, as this is one food item we’d missed when we left Little Havana early the other day. It also came with plantain chips.

He loved this and I also tried it and thought it was nice. We’ve not tried a Cuban Sandwich before so not sure if we were expecting something totally different to anything we’ve had previously but this reminded us of a New York Reuben sandwich (which W loves). The plantain chips were good too.

He also ordered a Mixed Ceviche from 33 Kitchen which is Peruvian cuisine. W loves ceviche after having it in Mexico.

For anyone that doesn’t know, ceviche is fish ‘marinated’ in lemon juice. This particular one included corvina, octopus and shrimp with corn and sweet potato purée. W said it had a different flavour to the Mexican version but was really good! He enjoyed it a lot but he still prefers the Mexican style.

Overall we spent approx. $55 in the Time Out Market but with the portion sizes, could’ve easily spent less!

We then went to pick up a Strawberry Açai with Lemonade from Starbucks. I’d ordered the largest size however they misheard me and we ended up with a tiny one

Finally we walked around to Ocean Drive and took in all of the sights down there for one last time. We were saying how much we’ve loved Miami and would like to come back.

Our final food stop was at Icy n Spicy. They are apparently tiktok famous although I don’t use tiktok, but we’ve seen them on other social media platforms and they make the most crazy desserts like ice cream tacos with cotton candy as the taco!

We weren’t that brave or hungry though and just went for a soft serve vanilla ice cream to share in a red velvet cone with Oreo topping. It looked almost too good to eat (and tasted as good as it looked!).

Another great evening. We then came back to the balcony and had a couple of drinks from the shop with our amazing view.

We are sad to be leaving Miami today but excited to be exploring somewhere new again in Fort Lauderdale next before going onto Orlando on Saturday.

We’re going to have one last dip in the sea and pool here first before checking out this morning and travelling up to Fort Lauderdale.

Happy Thanksgiving!
More amazing food and drinks 🍹
Happy thanksgiving 🦃
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

You seem to have had a really lovely time, great room and views, drinks and food 🥰
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Some really amazing looking food
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List