Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Definitely! You could park in Fantasyland for example, close to other ECVs or strollers, go on several rides in the area and then go back and drive to the next area you want to visit. Remember to take the key with you so someone doesn’t drive off with it! It’s useful (as with strollers) to tie a distinctive scarf or ribbon on the steering paddle to identify your chariot from others which look identical and take valuables from the basket with you.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneysid
Getting Excited

Mobile

Gill H I’ve been hiring scooters for WDW trips for almost 10 years now. They make a huge difference to the enjoyment of the holiday.

The onsite option seems like a good one until you actually try using the scooter! They are very heavy and cumbersome, so can be difficult to manoeuvre through the queues. There is also no guarantee of getting one, either at your first park or if you choose to park hop. I always hire from off site companies, their scooters are an awful lot easier to use and cost a lot less too.
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We are staying at Coronado Springs and would probably want an upstairs room. Is there somewhere downstairs to leave the scooter?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Like how parking works when you hop. Show your receipt, pick up another one free of charge.
This depends on supply though. In the past the second park didn’t always have one available.

If you’re on site it’s definitely cheaper and easier to rent from off site. My preferred vendor is Gold Mobility. They are the most comprehensive with additional things as standard. Also about the cheapest. And they renew their inventory every few months do sl their machines are new or nearly new. 24/7 customer service once you have had it delivered.

I would rent one to keep with you. You can always park and walk a bit if you want to, but some of those resorts are large and getting back at the end of the day without a scooter could be painful after a long day.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We are staying at Coronado Springs and would probably want an upstairs room. Is there somewhere downstairs to leave the scooter?
No you need to keep them in your room with you. And you’ll need to charge them overnight.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Gill
I’m always off site ad hire a scooter and we drive some of the hire companies are doing really compact ones now that take up no more room than a large suit case and are perfectly adequate for a day at the parks if you are able to park up and walk to a few rides
You can park in the stroller parking with the compact ones
My biggest mistake the first time hiring a scooter and it was in the winter is how the sun can catch you in odd bits it was my knees ears and I had a lovely pattern on my feet I had scrappy flat sandals on and sun glasses and a hat are a must
The very compact ones are great for shopping eating out
I would not recommend them if you are totally dependant on one use it in ques restaurant etc purely/for the support for your back and shoulders
I would also recommend you use it for shows parades I refused to do so for years but I’d suffer the next day Fantasticmic was the worst due to the bench style seats I don’t use mine if show seats have backs
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

There are elevators at Coronado and an ECV fits inside together with another passenger quite easily so you can drive to your upstairs room and charge the ECV overnight
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
No you need to keep them in your room with you. And you’ll need to charge them overnight.
Ah, so I will need to book a room that can be accessed by elevator or a ground floor room then? As I understand it there are no lifts at CSR apart from in Gran Destino tower which is more expensive.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Ah, so I will need to book a room that can be accessed by elevator or a ground floor room then? As I understand it there are no lifts at CSR apart from in Gran Destino tower which is more expensive.
There are lifts in all CSR buildings as far as I'm aware. The only question mark would be the Cabanas section as it's only two stories, but pretty sure they have them as well.

ETA: Casitas (where I stay and recommend if not splurging on the tower) definitely have them in all buildings. If you have a standard booked, I would request Casitas 4 as it's the closest building to the first bus stop. You will want to be first on with an ECV to make sure there's space.

Edited at 10:53 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There are lifts in all CSR buildings as far as I'm aware. The only question mark would be the Cabanas section as it's only two stories, but pretty sure they have them as well.
Oh thanks! POR didn’t have them in Alligator Bayou so I assumed CSR wouldn’t either.

Definitely thinking Casitas.

Also thinking of asking for ECV to be delivered to my room, not lobby, as I am hoping for a golf buggy to take us to the room when we arrive and I hear they mostly can’t take ECVs.

Edited at 10:54 AM.