Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Aug 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
luceski
Gone all Goofy

Exclamation Bit of a tough one - Cancelling trip :(

A bit of a sore subject as it is so raw

Was supposed to be going on honeymoon 5th October- 27th October but we have separated. This has only just happened this weekend just gone.

I went into Virgin to see what we can do about cancelling but we will lose most of the money. There was an option to change it to another travellers name but I don't have anyone else who could go at short notice/afford the holiday.

We cannot defer the dates as the tickets have bčen issued already.

I was going to see if I could claim back on travel insurance (AXA). I am going to call tomorrow however I don't know if this is something that would be covered.

Can anyone advise of anything else I could potentially do?
luceski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am so sorry that you have split up with your partner. I dont know what you can do apart from maybe doing two name changes and try and sell the holiday to another couple. Maybe if you sell it cheaper someone will go, I dont think holiday insurance would cover it, I hope it works out xx
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

So sorry I have not got any advice but if your insurance can not cover I would rather go on my own than losing most of the money but not sure how I would cope to be honest.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! I would rather go and not lose the money. Could you go with a close family member or friend, maybe?

I've suffered a separation from an ex whilst in Florida and even though it's painful it can be a good distraction. That's if the insurance doesn't come through.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

So sorry to hear about your split.

Since you'd lose the money anyway, is there anyone you know who deserves a holiday, could share the cost of any remaining balance and you'd enjoy going with? I'd take my aunt, for example, as she's never been able to afford to go abroad.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear this. Sounds like a huge decision to have been made so close to your wedding. Are you 100% sure there is no chance of reconcilliation? If not, then I dont think the insurance will pay out. So sorry again.
Old 30 Aug 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhen
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

andyhen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

*gets down on one knee...
andyhen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
luceski
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

No reconciliation I'm afraid 😞 Turns out he didn't want to get married and has decided he wants to be with someone else who is also married & has a kid.
We only got married on 5th August as well.
luceski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
melissa
Earning More Ears

So sorry to hear that. It will be hard, but I would definitely go on my own. I'd booked to travel to Mexico some years ago with my then partner but we split. He expected us to cancel and lose the money, but I travelled on my own and had a great time. I hope it all gets sorted.
Old 30 Aug 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by luceski View Post
No reconciliation I'm afraid 😞 Turns out he didn't want to get married and has decided he wants to be with someone else who is also married & has a kid.
We only got married on 5th August as well.
Oh no how awful for you. Sending my thoughts your way. Take care.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List