Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Sep 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Teppan Edo or Garden Grill

looking for an entertaining lunchtime meal at EPCOT for me and 12yo DD. Torn between Garden Grill where the food is a safer bet vs the more adventurous pic of Teppan Edo in Japan. Knowing mine I think she'd be into the cooking showmanship more than the GG characters but how kid friendly is the food, she can do some Asian sauces but nothing overly spicy Also is the beef at Garden Grill any good and in a roast beef style, that could swing it
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We did both this year with our DS who is 14. They were both excellent for different reasons. The food at TE wasn't spicy but you do need to like rice. The Garden Grill food was more traditional. Given a choice I would do Garden Grill for breakfast and TE for lunch or dinner. ( the hot cinnamon but for breakfast is amazing! )

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
hmm, thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the Japanese, DD is keen on rice and noodles. There's not much for her on starters or dessert but snacks are not exactly hard to come by round there I'll miss seeing Pluto though if we don't go to GG, family favourite
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Defo Teppan Edo!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Uptonspark
Excited about Disney

Uptonspark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another vote for TE here, tried it for the first time last trip and we all loved it. We have done both but for us it would def be TE.
Uptonspark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
+1 Teppan Edo

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kess
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've done both and Would definitely go with Tepan edo...
Old 4 Sep 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Did teppan edo for 1st time this year. Boys of 16 and 12 loved it and not spicy at all. I had a mix of sirloin and chicken and the rest of the family had fillet steak. Time it right and you can come out from dinner to watch illuminations on the balcony. Great food and great view.

Edited at 12:30 AM. Reason: Spelling, autocorrect changed edo to edi, must be searching for Edinburgh flights too much.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Have done and enjoyed both, but I would make Teppan Edo my first choice. The chef can adapt the food to suit your taste and can be as plain as you like, and the rice and noodles are delicious.
Mortimer Mouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Teppan Edo is great. The food isn't outlandish or anything just plain chicken/ noodles and the sauces you get are very nice and not too "strange"
My picky dd even liked the miso soup!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List