Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Jun 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Day 8 - IHOP, Disney Springs and Epcot

Day 7 is here

Saturday 14th April

The boys were up bright and early for their golf today. They were booked to play Falcons Fire and left around 6am. However, Dad decided to give it a miss since his shoulder was bothering him so much! He was hoping that if he rested it he would be ok to play his fave course (Celebration) a couple of days later! Anyway, I fell back asleep after Chris left until about 7am when I heard Abi chatting! Up early again! She seemed brighter again today, but still very clingy to Emma. She wolfed down a bowl of rice krispies again and some grapes!

Emma - Abi had another good sleep but woke up early again! Boo! Lol! Paul was already away for his golf with Chris so we headed into the kitchen for breakfast and had some food. Abigail’s appetite seemed to be coming back which was a good thing. She is almost back to normal but is still clingy with me which just isn’t like her. I think it’s fair to say that we all maybe expected a bit too much from her in a way and didn’t really consider how the time difference and humidity would affect her.

Don’t let this put you off if you are planning on travelling with toddlers as I do think that being ill had a huge part to play in the first few days and some settling in time was needed. Once she hit her stride she was fantastic and the grumpy parts and the very few meltdown Mabel moments were actually over very quickly and didn’t impact on any of the days a whole. I think we were all just so used to her being so easy it was a shock to the system having her being a bit off and grumpy! Hahaha!

Jake was up soon after me and immediately set about entertaining Abi by kicking the ball in the pool! She thought that was hilarious and kept saying "more". Haha!

Seems they then had a seat and a wee chin wag…

Emma, Jake and Abi then went for a wee swim! Abi really liked throwing in the goggles (or "goggly gogs" as she calls them) and watching them sink to the bottom!

I can't remember what triggered it, but after the pool she had a bit of a meltdown again! It could have been when Emma was putting on her sun cream as she hated that! Anyway, she would not calm down! She was getting in a right old state again! Lack of sleep really doesn’t agree with Abi! Dad volunteered to take her out for a walk and she was a lot happier when she got back! She was actually going off on her own and playing hide and seek, so that was a good sign! Sure enough, that was the last Meltdown Mabel incident that we had! Phewf

Emma - I actually don’t remember what triggered it either! Sun cream could have been it. We bought the boots Soltan once a day swimming factor 50 sun cream – expensive at £10 a bottle but it was great and she didn’t burn at all but the only downside is its very thick and needs a bit of rubbing in and she hated it! I think next time I will buy the spray kind. Anyway, I digress! A walk with Grandad is what was needed and after some peace and a shower for me we were back on track for the day.

She was also hiding in our wardrobe! This became a bit of a theme when I was getting ready she would shout "ra ra" and then come and find me and play/hide while I did my hair or whatever!

We decided to go out and get a nice breakfast and Jake requested that we go back to IHOP, so that's where we headed! Abi fell asleep on the way……

It was soooooo busy in there! Saturday morning I guess! We were told it would be about a 20 minute wait! The others were going to have a walk over to Publix for a nosey while I stayed with the buzzer.

I may or may not have sent them in the wrong direction though, so they were soon back having failed in their mission! Ooops! There was nothing else to do but wait and take photos! Abi was happily hanging with Granddad now, so she was definitely on the up!

She looks like she is giving the finger in this pic! Hahaha!

Trying to get a toddler to look at the camera is very difficult!

Our wait time seemed to be taking forever, so Emma decided to put Abi in her buggy and take her for a walk. While she was gone our buzzer went off, so we went inside and got our table! Emma soon came back with a sleeping Abi, so she just left her in her buggy.

For breakfast Dad ordered the breakfast sampler, I had the 2x2x2 breakfast, Jake has cupcakes pancakes again and Emma had some sort of melt toastie thing? Sorry, no photos of the food? Failure! When Abi woke up she was straight in about Jake's chocolate milk!

Chris text to say they had finished their golf and were heading to IHOP for food! What a coincidence! They arrived just as we were finishing up, so we said we'd just see them back at the villa! Oh, breakfast was $53 + tip!

Once we got back Abi played for a bit…

There go the goggly gogs!

Chris then decided it would be funny to throw Jake in the pool fully clothed! To be fair, it was pretty funny! Jake thought so too thankfully!

Emma and Paul wanted to go to Disney Springs to get magic bands, so I decided to tag along with them! Chris and Jake were going to go play crazy golf and Dad just wanted to chill in the villa! We left about 12.30!

Cutest wee shoes!

Disneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
[continued from previous post]

We parked in the Lime garage and ended up on the roof!

Negotiating Disney Springs with a stroller is quite a different experience! Usually we would just saunter on down the escalator, but we had to get one lift to one level and then cross the bridge bitty and get a second lift! Abi looks real concerned…..

We headed to Pin Traders first to get the magic bands for Emma, Paul and Dad! Emma chose purple, Paul chose green and Emma chose red for Dad!

We sat on the wall outside and I linked them to their MDE apps for them cos I'm a Disney pro

I then went off on a wee shopping mission, agreeing to the meet up with them in a bit. First up was the Marketplace Coop which is one of my fave shops in DS!

I loved the retro merchandise that they had in….

I bought this t-shirt for Chris….

And this for me….

Nearly bought this, but decided against it in the end….

While I was in the queue to pay there was a guy in front of me who was being extremely patronising and showing the CM how to put a cardboard box together! Pretty sure she could have figured it out!

I then had another look in World of Disney, but came out empty handed yet again! I think it's just too busy in there, so I get annoyed and leave! Haha!

by

Pretty Disney Springs. I do love a water feature you know….

I then nipped into Uniqlo as Chris had asked me to see if I could get a couple more pairs of those Easy Shorts in different colours! From memory, I think I got him 2 more pairs!

Meanwhile Emma and Paul had been in Amorettes Patisserie…

Abi was napping under her shade thing! It looks a bit terrifying, but it's totally breathable haha!

Emma - We hadn’t been to Disney Springs since 2015 and that was only once at night so it was great having a wonder around and seeing all the changes. It was another lovely hot day and we enjoyed having a stroll around. Abi was still catching up on her sleep so we took the opportunity to duck into some shops – world of Disney was busy as always but it was good to have a look around. Also went into the co op place! Definitely better than my local co op! There was loads of cute bags but I decided not to buy anything as Rach and I were planning on going to Super Target at some point and Rach said you can get heaps of good stuff there so I resisted. I am not really a handbag person, these are like material zip up bags – no idea what they are actually called but I like these kind of bags for everyday use or for work to cart my stuff around!

Amorette’s food looked sooo good but again resisted as we were going to Epcot later and I wasn’t sure of our food plans but did manage to pop into Ghiardelli’s and bag a free sample – yum yum! First time ever trying their chocolate – was pretty good. Not nasty like Hersey’s chocolate! Lol!

We also looked in uniqlo or whatever it's called but weren’t that impressed……. Sorry Rach! They didn’t have anything decent for Abi and because she's small for her age the baby stuff was too baby and the toddler stuff too big – we wanted to get some stuff that was bigger but couldn’t even find 2 year old size in t-shirts so we just left it. Just as we were going back to meet Rach she photo bombed us! Hahahaha!

We met back up by the Lime garage at about 2.15! Just a flying visit today!

I seem to recall Emma taking a wrong turn somewhere, so we ended up at the Celebration end of the 192! Scenic route home! Haha!

Abi seemed to have enjoyed her day so far

And then promptly zonked out again

We got home around 2.45pm! Abi was so much happier that afternoon! Definitely turning a corner She was treated to her first ever ice lolly which she loved!

Dad had enjoyed his peace in the villa and Chris and Jake had enjoyed their crazy golf! I think they just went to the volcano one on the 192! How adorable is Jake with that hat!

Jake was forced to nap again! He had been up stupidly early again and we wanted him to last for the fireworks at Epcot later! Again, he was unimpressed but fell asleep within minutes! Haha! The rest of just chilled out! Abi didn’t nap which wasn’t surprising given she had already napped about 4 times today! We were all ready and left the villa again at 4 for Epcot! Yay!

We arrived at 4.25, parked up (can't remember which lot) and walked to the entrance!

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

It was mega hot! 90 degrees and it was very very busy! Security took a bloody age again (sort it out Epcot!), so by the time we were through we didn’t have a lot of time to get to our Living with the Land FP! Time to power walk!

I was first to arrive (I left the others lagging behind) and asked a CM outside The Land what happens if you are late for a FP. She told me they give you a 15 minute grace period. Phew! Abi's buggy had to be parked, so we all waited outside and I grabbed a Disney selfie with Dad!

Time for Abi's first ever Disney ride!

Erm helllllllllllllo Jake!

I loooooooove sunflowers

Everyone enjoyed the ride, even Abi, despite her yawning her face off in the below photo! She was pointing at stuff and going "oooooh". Hehe.

Emma - It was very sweet – Abi was loving the ride and was pointing to everything and was mesmerised by it all – I was pleased she was enjoying herself and it was great to see her so engaged in a ride.

Next up was The Seas where we had a FP for Nemo!

We had to park the buggy up first!

I didn’t manage to get a photo of Abi on here cos it was so dark and she was in the next clam along, but from memory she enjoyed it! We then had a wee look around the aquariums.

Emma - Abi did really like this ride – she loves all things fishy and all animals in general so it was another hit! Parking the pram up before the rides wasn’t too bad at all and we always found it easily after. Chris was good at zooming ahead with the pram and parking it while we grabbed Abi and headed to the ride. Jake was also very good at helping to push Abi around the parks when it wasn’t too busy.

Call me crazy, but I think this looks like a slightly burnt around the edges and very oddly shaped meringue

Dory

Before we left Dad treated Abi to a Nemo toy!

Abi was sleepy again, so she went back in her buggy for a wee nap and we then walked round towards World Showcase.

Epcot during Flower and Garden Festival is so beautiful and colourful

Sister selfie!

Emma's photos from our walk over…..

Hmm wait, Emma is in this photo? Maybe Chris took them then?

[continued in next post]
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

We spotted that Pluto had a short line, so Jake and I jumped in! Abi was sleeping

Emma and Paul nipped into the Port of Entry shop and Emma tried on some ears. Don’t they suit her?!

This was a good meet and greet! Pluto was telling Jake that he liked his hair and then looked shocked when he saw the Star Lord's (that's the Groot guy, right?) autograph and was showing everyone! Haha!

We then carried on walking into World Showcase.

Holy Jesus it was hot! Absolutely toasting. We had to duck into the shop in Norway for some AC! Refreshments were required, so we sauntered along to The Outpost where a combination of beer, juice and beer were purchased. And a hot dog I seem to recall?

We had a seat here and it was so lovely

Abi was awake now and enjoying some (still lemonade?) and crisps. Her appetite still wasn’t 100% back by this point, so Emma just let her snack as and when required!

Emma - Lol, yeah it was still lemonade. Love a still lemonade and we learned so did Abi!

I fancied a snack from Karamell Kuche, so Chris, Jake and I left the others in the shade and nipped to Germany.

I'd read in Brett and Jo's trip report about the Butter Bar and I had to try one!

Chris got a caramel drizzled chocolate marshmallow pop thing! He also picked up some Mamba sweeties too which he loves! He was astonished that they were only $1.50! Jake didn’t have anything as he'd just had an ice cream!

So, verdict on the butter bar? Hmmmm it was nice, but far too sweet, even for me! I couldn’t finish it!

When we got back outside, we saw that Abi was sound asleep again! Wee toot!

They decided that they should probably call it a night and go get some dinner and then get Abi home to her bed. Dad was also totally pooped in the heat, so he didn’t need asking twice! Haha! Us three were obviously staying though, so we said our goodbyes and then grabbed a Photo Pass.

Next stop was Chris's fave – the trains in Germany!

Then a wee visit to Italy! I wanted to go and have a proper look as we always tend to just walk by!

Jake was making numerous wishes at the fountain!

And then fancied a wee lie down, as you do….

Epcot was looking stunning

#usanumber1 moments were had…

I wish I'd bought that hat, now that we are going back to Nashville. Damn! Anyway, we heard some familiar music coming from the Garden Rocks stage….

It was only Smash Mouth singing "All Star"! UH MAZING!

[continued in next post]

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

We also enjoyed watching this CM throwing some shapes! Haha!

Meanwhile, Emma and co had stopped at Red Lobster for some grub….

Emma - I love to wander about the world showcase but this was the busiest and the hottest I had seen it and Abi was flagging and so was Dad. I was going to have some snacks from the booths but we decided to head to the Red Lobster as the booths are no use for Dad and his fussy tastes! Lol. It didn’t take too long to head out but I think it was a 10 minute walk too long for Dad. The car was absolutely boiling but it didn’t take long to cool down. We headed to the red lobster on the road to Formosa Gardens and it looked very busy –Dad jumped out to make sure there wasn’t a huge wait before we all unloaded and luckily there wasn’t so we all jumped out. We were super hungry by now.

We had a nice booth table and we decided to just let Abi sit next to me and to share our food with her as we didn’t think she would be up for a meal of her own. The cheddar cheese biscuits appeared first and they were lovely and warm with cheese and a hint of garlic – so good. This won't surprise you but dad doesn’t do cheese so Paul, Abi and I shared them. Abi was wolfing them down and I knew she was almost 100% back to herself.

She was enjoying being in the booth and was having fun standing up and nosing at people and getting some attention from passing people and the waiting staff.

Dad and Paul had ordered a big old Lobster each with fries and I had ordered a platter with salmon, prawns and a lobster tail.

It was all really good and Abi was enjoying having some of everything – I think she did go into a highchair for a while and had some bits and bobs and some fries – she will bite your hand off for a chip! She loves them. Think it's because we never eat them at home so when we are out she Is like oooooh chips! Lol!

Everyone enjoyed the food and we were all suitably stuffed and we headed for home. It was only about a 10min drive.

We got Abi ready for bed and popped her down and she was asleep pretty quickly. We were all pretty tired today so we yapped for a while and then decided to head to bed. I read for a while and I saw the headlights Chris’s car come in. They weren’t that far behind us since we had gone for tea. Paul had really enjoyed his golf again today and we were both looking forward to crystal palace tomorrow. Wasn’t long before we were all ZZZZZZZZing. Another fab day in Orlando.

Ok back to Epcot! Is there a prettier walk than round World Showcase Lagoon?

A beer stop was made. By the way, I have no recollection of where Jake got that sticker from!

And we got a Photo Pass in Morocco!

Time was ticking on and it was nearly time for our Frozen Fast Pass, so we turned round and headed back towards Norway, stopping in Japan for a snack! Ginger beef Taki Udon for Chris and I and Jake got a Frushi!

I really really liked the beef dish! The ginger was noticeable, but not overpowering. Yummy! Chris wasn’t sure at first, but then grew to enjoy it! Haha!

Jake really enjoyed his Frushi too!

It was now Frozen Ever After time! This wasn’t open last time Jake was in Orlando, so he was excited for it!

We were on our boat fairly quickly and off to Arandelle

Jake loved this ride Unfortunately his wee face is blocked by the wifey in front of him So annoying when that happens!

Here he is next to a giant troll instead….

When we got back out the sun was setting and Epcot was looking more and more perfect!

[/url]

I REALLY love this photo

We walked round the lagoon to try and secure a good spot for the fireworks.

We settled on a bench near Port of Entry and I went off for a look in the shop!

I bought a new mug because it is the law of any Disney holiday.

I grabbed myself a violet lemonade to enjoy and, despite asking them both if they wanted one and them saying no, I ended up having to share it with the Chris and Jake. Why do boys do that?! Chris does it to me at home all the time! I'll ask if he wants a bag of crisps and he'll say no, but proceed to ask for some of mine. BEAT IT! Get your own!

[continued in next post]

Edited at 09:33 PM.
Old 28 Jun 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

And then we waited for Illuminations to start. I do love this show and I was glad we got to see it again as rumours are rife that it will be replaced soon!

After they were finished and I had choked down the lump in my throat (it's that damn song), we headed for the exit.

Love the sparkly floor in Epcot at night

Spaceship Earth spam…..

Soooooooooooooooo pretty!

Oh, I just remembered, a weird thing happened as we were leaving! More fireworks started going off over the lagoon and they went on for a good few minutes! Illuminations was definitely over; trust me, I've seen it enough times to know the ending! So, does anyone know what these were? Bizarre!

Anyway, we walked back to the car and it was still so warm. The car was reading 80 degrees! At 9.40pm! We got home just after 10. The others were already tucked up in bed! Jake went straight to bed, but Chris and I enjoyed a wine outside and I dipped my sleepy feet in the pool Note the Mickey head wine glasses. Aren't they CA-UTE?!

Steps today – 19,108 (8.33 miles)

Thanks for reading Join us for the next day where Abi has her first character breakfast experience. Will she love it or hate it? Find out here

Edited at 11:17 AM.
Old 28 Jun 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

What a busy day, so pleased that Abi was feeling better, she is so cute
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I feel you Abi, I am miserable without a proper sleep too. Another lovely day Rach and Emma, the weather looks beautiful and everything seems so chilled out.

How awesome is that CM at Smashmouth!?

Haha look at those poor wee boys on Frozen.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Love it when I see you’ve put a new report up 😁
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Goodness you all pack a lot into one day, we've spent many fun hours playing crazy golf when our son was younger, he usually won and there was lots of laughs at my expense- great times .
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List