Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Mar 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Day 21 - Celebration, Epcot & Longhorn

Day 20 is here

Friday the 27th April

Today was our last full day. We were up and about by 08.45 and the plan for today was to enjoy the pool one last time before leaving, a trip to celebration and Epcot in the afternoon. Rach was horrified that we would even consider spending our last day there and not the MK!

All ready for the pool, we jumped in for some fun. I don’t have it in my notes but I think it was fruit, pop tarts and toast for breakfast today! Dad was up and about as well and was starting to pack. We were going to do this task later on. Putting it off as long as possible! Lol. With her hair sticking up at the side Chris decided Abi looked like Bobby Charlton!

After playing in the pool for about an hour or so we headed out to get ready for celebration. We just wanted a look about and I wanted to nip in to get some fudge from Kilwins and some macaroons from Le Macaron as well.

We arrived there about 11.20 and had a nice wander around. I was really glad we had got to spend some more time here as it is so nice and relaxing coming here.

I nipped into Le Macaron first and everything looked delicious! Dad waited on a bench outside. I think all the walking about had caught up with him and he wasn’t keen on standing about and walking much today! Lol!

We picked a box of macarons for later and then jumped next door to Kilwins. Again everything looked delicious. There was a deal on with the fudge and it was buy 2 bits get 1 free so it would have made no sense not to take this offer up! I chose salted caramel , chocolate and Kilwin’s Mud.

Dad tried to entice Abigail into the water fountains but she was having none of it today.

A nice picture of the hotel Rach & Chris got married in and sent home to cheer up Rach at work!

I had fancied eating in the Town Tavern and since we hadn’t had much of a breakfast everyone agreed that this was a good idea! It was bang on 12.00 and we weren’t even sure if they would be serving yet but when we went in it was surprisingly busy! I was excited as I knew they did good seafood here.

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
[continued from previous post]

The menu here is HUGE. You don’t expect a tavern to have such a big menu. We all took ages to decide. Abi was getting herself ready….

I had always fancied trying Lobster Chowdah! The waitress was a bit brusque in her style but she was older and I think she had been here since forever! She wasn’t rude but just wasn’t overly friendly either. She said that people travel just for their famous chowders so that swung it for me! I ordered a cup of the “cowdah”. Excited. I also ordered stuffed shrimp. Dad went for grilled chicken and Paul had a hankering for a lobster roll. We tried these in Boston in 2012 as they are soooo good. I ordered Abi a kids fish and chips.

My chowdah arrived first. This is how the menu spells it so this is how I now say it with a really bad Boston accent! You can imagine how that sounds in my Aberdonian accent! I took some pics of the menu but it was hard to get it all in so its bit blurry!

The food was, as Rhino would say, So totally AWESOME! (Rach - hands up if you have seen Bolt? Such an underrated Disney movie!) The chowdah was so delicious. I wish I could have taken a huge container home. Yum yum.

Dad was equally impressed with his chicken – he said it was cooked to perfection.

Paul loved his lobster roll and Abi’s fish was tasty as well. My stuffed shrimp was also good. The chips were weird looking curly things but they were really tasty. We were all stuffed after the meal.

It was the most expensive lunch we had had but it was so worth it. The place was still pretty busy but it had a nice atmosphere and the walls were decorated with heaps of memorabilia. I would definitely come back here for a meal.

We were deciding on the plan for the rest of the day. Dad was tired out from all the walking and couldn’t be bothered doing anything! He sat on a bench while we went for a quick stroll up the street.

We asked Dad if he wanted to come to Epcot but he said eh no thanks! Dad offered to take Abi back for a swim so we decided to take him up on that offer and we drove them back to the villa. There was still plenty of snacks if they needed them in the villa.

Paul and I headed to Epcot. We wanted to have a look around the world and try some treats at the stalls. I knew it wasn’t as big as the food and wine festival, but there was a few things I wanted to try. We also had a FP for Soarin'. I was looking forward to the updated version.

We got there pretty easily and walked to the entrance.

With no pram and no bag we skipped in through the turnstiles, quick PhotoPass and then we headed straight for Soarin'.

It was busy in standby and you do feel nice and smug when you sail on past.

We were in a queue for boarding when something went wrong and we were asked to wait for a bit longer so we asked if we could get front row middle and that was given no problem at all. I actually really really enjoyed the ride. I know some people are not fond of the revamp but we loved it. Maybe sitting in the middle had something to do with it but it was really good.

Our lunch had gone down a bit so it was time to head to the showcase and some snacks! We decided to walk the opposite was from the other day – I can’t remember what direction that was though! Lol! Our first delicious snack was a cronut! It was better than it looked! Really flaky and tasty! Yum!

As we wondered around we got another picture. The photographer was trying to get us to do loads of poses but a kiss on the cheek was as posey as we were getting!

Canada:

We stopped at a stall in England – yes I know it's supposed to be the UK but it just isn't! Paul saw a t-shirt he wanted to get for his brother’s birthday and the person serving was from Aberdeen! How random!

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
[continued from previous post]

We then popped over to France and Paul decided to try to duck and gnocchi confit – it was declared tasty!

The reason I wanted to go to France was for the croque glace – I had seen it on the DFB and thought it looked delicious so I headed there.

They put the bun with the ice cream in a really cool press thing and then bam – a delicious hot and ice creamy snack! I chose salted caramel and raspberry sauce! The texture was really good and I liked the hot and coldness of it! Paul had a bite and wasn’t as excited as me! Lol! It was pretty damn hot today so the pace wasn’t that fast!

We passed japan and some sushi was purchased for Paul.

It was now about 16.30 so we were getting conscious of time and getting back to the villa for tea and not eating too much to spoil our last meal!

We passed some pretty creepy dolls and then kept on wondering through the world. I really like the world showcase and there is still heaps of shops and bits at the back I haven’t been into and loads of snacks I must try next time we are there. Dad does not like it here – I think it's too much looking in shops and reading menus for him! I love to look at menus and to look at food so I am in my element here. Paul is quite happy to indulge me and lets me wonder around looking at these things. Rach not so much! ;op It was a really nice way to spend our last afternoon.

Rach told me I HAD to try a violet lemonade slush thing but we hadn’t seen the stall so as we headed back to the beginning we looked again and we had walked past it! It was just as well we did as the guy told me the machine had been down and it had just got back up and running so it was fate – I needed to have one! The cup is actually quite small – I think it has been downsized over the years but it was really nice – like slushy parma violets!

Another PhotoPass and another stupid pose and then we were on our way out of the parks for the last time and back to the villa.

Dad and Abi had been swimming and both had naps! Dad had also packed while Abi was sleeping. A chore we had been putting off. We decided no time like the present so we started packing! Abi was very helpful and kept jumping in the suitcases so it didn’t long for us to give up and we said we would pack after tea.

The final meal venue for tonight was Longhorn! Good choice for our last meal in Orlando. We jumped in the car and headed to the 192 for the last time. We had to wait for a table because they only had a few you could get a highchair at but they said they had a booster seat and we were like yeah, that will be fine thanks! We thought it would be like the one at Bob Evans. It wasn’t! Lol. It wasn’t secure and Abi though it was great fun trying to climb out of it so we just let her sit on the bench and she sat with me to eat. No big deal.

The delicious bread was brought to the table – I really wish all restaurants would do this here. Yum!

Paul and I decided to share the prawns – I think they were called firecracker prawns.

Dad had the same crunchy prawns but without the spicy sauce and chilli’s. The portion was HUGE! Paul and I didn’t finish the whole portion! Dad however ate the whole lot! Lol! Abi did have a few of his prawns but still! Dad was determined to make the most of his last huge meal in the USA!

Dad & Paul both ordered the 10oz fillet with fries and broccoli. Paul also had the side salad. Abi had grilled chicken with fries and bizarrely some orange slices on the side. I ordered shrimp skewers with a baked sweet potato with cinnamon sugar and sour cream. The boys were delighted with their steaks – cooked perfectly and really tasty. Not sure where Dad’s fries are in the pic but they must be somewhere!

Abi devoured her chicken and fries and was on top form entertaining us through the meal. As she could stand up she was peeking over at the table behind us and I had to stop her patting other people’s heads! Ooops! Abi also ate up her orange!

My shrimp skewers were really tasty and they had a delicious glaze on them. I just love the baked sweet potatoes and even though it has cinnamon sugar in it which seems so weird it is actually really tasty. That nice blend of sweet and savoury. It’s the simple things that make you miss being in Orlando sometimes!

We were all totally stuffed. No way could we manage a pudding! I knew I had a box of macarons from celebration so knew I could have some of them when I was ready. I have to say we were all so impressed with our meal here and we were glad we chose here for our last night. I couldn’t believe it was our last night. We all had had such a good time. I know Rach was looking forward to us coming home but I personally thought she should wait and let us stay another week!

We headed back to the car and Abi was still clutching her orange skin. I didn’t want the car getting all sticky so I threw it in the bushes and said it was ok as it was biodegradable and the boys just thought this was extremely funny and took the mick out of me all the way home! They said they will see it next time we are back! Cheek!

It wasn’t that late, about 21.30ish but definitely time for madam to go to bed as we knew the journey home as going to be a long one. Straight to bed tonight for Abigail.

Paul & I did some tidying up and packing. Dad watched some TV and then headed to bed. I then decided to have some macarons and mooch on the sofa and think about how much we didn’t want to go home tomorrow. At least we didn’t have an early flight. We also had a late check out so we didn’t have to rush out the villa either which was good. We yapped about our holiday for a while and then had to admit defeat and go to bed for the last time in Orlando

Join us tomorrow for the journey home and a wet arrival home! It is here

Edited at 02:36 PM.
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab day yet again.

The food in Epcot looks lovely, how nice of your dad to have Abi so you could have some couple time

Longhorns looks lovely and seems like the perfect end to a fab holiday the last day and packing is awful isn't it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a fab last day, and a nice treat to have some time to yourselves.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Great last day. It was good you and Paul had time alone too. Never tried longhorns but am looking for new restaurants this time. The lunch at celebration looked amazing.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Some lovely treats 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a fab last full day! And how did I not know about this macaron shop at Celebration?! Adding that to the list for September!

So lovely you got to have some time just the two of you at Epcot... I imagine walking through the park without a buggy was rather liberating!

So much yummy food, glad I was eating my lunch whilst reading this, I would have been ravenous otherwise!

Sad it's nearly over!

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great last full day. I must get some macarons, they look delicious 😋