Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Sep 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Other than your landing, sounds pretty scary! Sounds like great start!

We have never stayed onsite before so we will be taking your tip for the character wake up call! meals all look good but your chicken looked absolutely amazing! interesting to see the margarita came in a bottle, I didn't know this was the case and presumed I would not really make the most of the alcohol on the package! But I can see me having a few of these in the room!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Tkdisney View Post
Love reading your reports. Can’t wait for the next instalment.
Aahh that's lovely I'm going to try and crack on and post once a week...but I bet now I've said it out loud it won't happen.

Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
Uff that landing - I had one like that on my first flight on my own - utterly terrifying. Sometimes other peoples reactions to it can make it feel even scarier.

sounds like you had a fantastic first day though, and POFQ - such a great resort, and that food hall is fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing your parents first visit to Magic Kingdom, thats so exciting, getting to see the magic for the first time through someone elses eyes
It would have been better if people weren't screaming, it was scary and I did do a few looks at DH but the screaming is a bit much. Still, I know it's hard in the middle of it all as it's difficult to pretend it's all fine.

Yes the food hall is great at FQ, compared to the poor offering of OKW last year it suited us much better.

It was a lovely first park day at MK, we got there nice and early so we were able to soak it all up and watch the opening show anyway I best save some of that for the actual day 1 post!

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Loved reading this, only a bit scary with the landing😣 your dad made me laugh with his drink stash 🤣🤣🤣 the rooms look lovely cannot wait for the next instalment
Yes, Dad was trying to make the most out of the drink and wanted to look after us all I think. The rooms were good. I should have taken photos of Mum and Dad's but I didn't think of it.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
That's a lot of steps considering how much of the day was an aeroplane. I'm looking forward to hearing about your mum and dad's first visit to MK.
The first day was fab, it all went so well I was really pleased with the planning

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great start to the holiday, impressed by your Dad's haul from the flight crew
Your on board food looks 100% better than our BA experience from Heathrow to Miami

Nothing worse than a bumpy approach to an airport. As always so many fab pictures and you are off and running for your trip report
Yes I really was impressed with the BA food on this journey, it was so good. Shame you didn't get a good meal.

I finally got around to listening to the August podcast sorry I was so late, I imagine there's a new on out already...any way, thank you for the lovely dedication and well wishes for our holiday

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
Other than your landing, sounds pretty scary! Sounds like great start!

We have never stayed onsite before so we will be taking your tip for the character wake up call! meals all look good but your chicken looked absolutely amazing! interesting to see the margarita came in a bottle, I didn't know this was the case and presumed I would not really make the most of the alcohol on the package! But I can see me having a few of these in the room!
Yes the rest of the flight was really good, I don't think we had the seat belt signs on at all.

Oh please do the wake up call. We've had Mr Incredible in the past. Plus of course the main mouse himself. It's so fun. I often get the kids to pick up the phone too.

I think it was only QS at the resorts where the alcohol came in a bottle or can. In the parks it's normally in a cup so not saveable. They have cider and beer and wine too at FQ.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a wonderfully smooth travel day!
Sam sleeps in the exact same position as Max, how funny. Must be a 14 year old thing 😂
Loving that your mum is wearing the Minnie ears before she’s even got to Florida, she must have been excited!
We love WonderTree too at Gatwick and normally go there, I like getting a window table to see the planes. Your breakfast certainly looks the winner.
I hate having rocky landings, makes me just want to get off the plane ASAP!
Great news you and your parents got rooms in the same block, makes life much easier!
Going straight to the pool once you've dumped the bags in the room really makes you feel like you’re on holiday, such a great feeling!
Can’t wait for tomorrow’s instalment 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a wonderfully smooth travel day!
Sam sleeps in the exact same position as Max, how funny. Must be a 14 year old thing 😂
Loving that your mum is wearing the Minnie ears before she’s even got to Florida, she must have been excited!
We love WonderTree too at Gatwick and normally go there, I like getting a window table to see the planes. Your breakfast certainly looks the winner.
I hate having rocky landings, makes me just want to get off the plane ASAP!
Great news you and your parents got rooms in the same block, makes life much easier!
Going straight to the pool once you've dumped the bags in the room really makes you feel like you’re on holiday, such a great feeling!
Can’t wait for tomorrow’s instalment 😃
Max is all legs at the moment. Plus he eats and eats and eats, he definitely has hollow legs
Yes Mum and Kate had their ears on in the airport and for some of the flight too.
I could do without that having that sort of landing again, it was pretty bad.
I was pleased they could sort out the rooming so easily it wasn't a problem for them and we did enjoy being just a few doors along from them.
The pool revived all of us and it was great to get in and just know we were there, it was a lovely feeling

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Quite a good travel day. I love how excited your mum looked, so cute!

Not sure I could have coped with that landing. Flights don't bother me normally, I'm not bothered about take off and landing but last time I was sick and the landing wasn't even bad! I hope the outbound flight home was better.

Fab that they sorted the room out fairly quickly, great travel day and I can't wait for the rest xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great travel day apart from the bumpy landing. Food sounded lovely on the plane which is good to know.
Old 4 Sep 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Quite a good travel day. I love how excited your mum looked, so cute!

Not sure I could have coped with that landing. Flights don't bother me normally, I'm not bothered about take off and landing but last time I was sick and the landing wasn't even bad! I hope the outbound flight home was better.

Fab that they sorted the room out fairly quickly, great travel day and I can't wait for the rest xx
Yes, it was a day filled with anticipation, mum was excited

At least none of us was sick. That's awful but it was a horrific landing.

I've just been writing up day 1 and it was a pretty special day actually I can't wait to share it with you all. I'm going to sort through the photos and I hope to post it at the weekend.

Originally Posted by florida mad View Post
Great travel day apart from the bumpy landing. Food sounded lovely on the plane which is good to know.
The food was really good actually, the way back wasn't too bad either

Old 4 Sep 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yes, it was a day filled with anticipation, mum was excited

At least none of us was sick. That's awful but it was a horrific landing.

I've just been writing up day 1 and it was a pretty special day actually I can't wait to share it with you all. I'm going to sort through the photos and I hope to post it at the weekend.
Oooo I'm so intrigued! Can't wait to see it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Aw, love that the kids want to sit with Granddad for the best snacks my little nephew already knows he can just say to my mum “I need sweeties Nanny” and they appear!

That landing really does sound horrendous. Glad the rest of the flight was fine.

I’ll definitely have to remember to use the character wake ups...hopefully that’ll ease the pain when we’re getting up at 4am for GE!
The resort looks fab, loving the collection of drinks already on the go.

Can’t wait to read about the first day, sounds like it was a good one!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oooo I'm so intrigued! Can't wait to see it xx
I've got some time so going to post this evening. It's all ready now

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Aw, love that the kids want to sit with Granddad for the best snacks my little nephew already knows he can just say to my mum “I need sweeties Nanny” and they appear!

That landing really does sound horrendous. Glad the rest of the flight was fine.

I’ll definitely have to remember to use the character wake ups...hopefully that’ll ease the pain when we’re getting up at 4am for GE!
The resort looks fab, loving the collection of drinks already on the go.

Can’t wait to read about the first day, sounds like it was a good one!
Yes, he really does always have the best snacks anything chocolate or biscuits and he'll have it.

You're going to feel so much better about the wake up when it's someone fun telling you it's time to get up and enjoy yourselves. I love using it.

We honestly struggled to drink the collection in the fridge, we were barely in the hotel room. I know that's hard to believe but even I didn't fancy a marg first thing in the morning after brushing my teeth.