Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Mar 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I predict many "four of us could fly to Florida, rent a car and stay in a hotel next August for less - we're not paying that" kinda posts!
I agree!
Old 26 Mar 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Yep, we have placeholder we want to move and if it counts to club level we may consider it, as no added flight costs. And from what I can see re UK prices this year on a small apartment or cottage it may not seem too steep this summer after all!
My US TA is trying to find out if they can book them once released or if only exclusive to online and /or to UK agents, like ATD.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I would love to sail from Newcastle. It would make for an ideal start to a trip. But I don’t know if we will be able to manage it. I need dates and prices to line up. And I’m fully aware it will be over the top expensive.

We have flights to Orlando booked. I’d like to know if that’s actually going to happen sometime soon so we can cancel and make other plans.

Just too many variables for me to feel I can actually pull this off.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
We’re still booked on this too, curious to know what they are going to do. Would be useful to know before they offer the new cruises for sale
Also booked on this but think I need to book one of these staycations just in case!
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Never cruised before but would be very interested in this! Do they cater for families of five, does anybody know? Or am I likely to need to re mortgage my house for 5 of us😭
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I wonder what the stance on face coverings for kids will be. We would love to go but no way my 3 year old will wear or keep on a mask all the time.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Never cruised before but would be very interested in this! Do they cater for families of five, does anybody know? Or am I likely to need to re mortgage my house for 5 of us😭
Probably, I think the family verandah rooms sleep 5
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderellie View Post
I wonder what the stance on face coverings for kids will be. We would love to go but no way my 3 year old will wear or keep on a mask all the time.
That's a really good point I hadn't even thought of the masks! I have an almost 3 year old so this will be a bit of a game changer for us too.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

When we went on the Disney Magic, round the Med it was £1,677 total for the three of us for a 4 night cruise, although this was an Inside Stateroom. Obviously this was 7 years ago but then the economy is probably worse now as well.

Edited at 08:41 PM.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebeccae634
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I would love to sail from Newcastle. It would make for an ideal start to a trip. But I don’t know if we will be able to manage it. I need dates and prices to line up. And I’m fully aware it will be over the top expensive.

We have flights to Orlando booked. I’d like to know if that’s actually going to happen sometime soon so we can cancel and make other plans.

Just too many variables for me to feel I can actually pull this off.
Do you think it will be that expensive considering the ships aren’t really going anywhere?

We have a lodge booked in Norfolk for 4 days which has already come to £700 before spending money/food (bare in mind two dogs coming with us) and in-laws however looking at the price for 3 day disney cruise around the Caribbean is roughly £1300 for two adults and infant with all food included.. if this is roughly the same for the UK cruise (maybe less as the ship isn’t going anywhere?) then that’s too bad considering right?

Just trying to stay hopeful 😭

Edited at 08:26 PM.
Rebeccae634 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List