Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 20 Jul 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had this, but the men had huge baguettes 🥖 Dh had prawn cocktail and lettuce, me and ds egg Mayo and lettuce, other ds tuna and sweet corn, cucumber and dd tuna sweet corn mixed with Mayo , she won’t eat the ready made one that ds eats. Then strawberries, ice cream and cream.

Edited at 11:20 PM.
Sandra & co is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

JLH - for you! It’s a recipe I got from a Ninja FB group, so it’s a screenshot from there.

Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
JLH - for you! It’s a recipe I got from a Ninja FB group, so it’s a screenshot from there.

Thank you very much
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We ve been having bbq meat with salads and new potatoes or some chips
I can’t imagine the look I’d get if I suggested baguettes for dinner
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Eaten so many salads this week, and we are veggie too at the moment what I wouldn’t give for a lamb curry ...

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I made chicken, salad and hoisin Vietnamese spring rolls tonight. Was fun to make and super delicious- the best bit is you can use any filling you like, which means it’s great if you have any leftovers you would like to use up! Also these aren’t fried or baked, which means they are lovely and cool to eat.

Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I made chicken, salad and hoisin Vietnamese spring rolls tonight. Was fun to make and super delicious- the best bit is you can use any filling you like, which means it’s great if you have any leftovers you would like to use up! Also these aren’t fried or baked, which means they are lovely and cool to eat.

We do these too but with prawn, mint, Coriander, spring onion, rice noodles and Cucumber. Then a peanut dipping sauce. So easy to make and so delicious. We order the rice paper wraps off amazon as we can't get them locally.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I did home made pizza on the grill tonight
Recipe
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
Pinch of salt
Mix them in a bowl with a spatula till the start to combine
Then turn out on to a floured surface kneed till it comes together
Then roll out
Spread with well in my case home made tomatoe sauce base top with what ever
Then on the grill till,the dough puffs up topping cooked
I use the same dough for calzone even light cinnamon rolls I just add a teaspoon of low call sweetener for sweet dishes also masked great savoury light pastry sausage rolls pin wheels etc
190 in the oven
Happy to share my light cinnamon rolls recipe too
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The sparksu72
It’s a an adaptation from a Patrcial Cornwell Kay Scarpetta cook book sweet dough you can also use a teaspoon of clear honey
I use the same dough for pin wheels sweet / or savoury Cinnabon light rolls it’s a great quick dough
It doesn’t freeze well but impresses in a hurry just like my mums never fail sponge recipe if you want it and I mean anyone can make a great super light sponge with it it’s a WI war time recipe makes great cup cakes too
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
The sparksu72
It’s a an adaptation from a Patrcial Cornwell Kay Scarpetta cook book sweet dough you can also use a teaspoon of clear honey
I use the same dough for pin wheels sweet / or savoury Cinnabon light rolls it’s a great quick dough
It doesn’t freeze well but impresses in a hurry just like my mums never fail sponge recipe if you want it and I mean anyone can make a great super light sponge with it it’s a WI war time recipe makes great cup cakes too
Helen, that sounds amazing. I love the Patricia Cornwall books, murder and death with some amazing cooking/baking thrown in for good measure! I would love that.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List