Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Favourite Beach

So me and youngest DD are off to Frinton tomorrow and it got me thinking to what are our favourite beaches in the UK.

For us it’s Frinton for day trips, long stretch of sand, gentle tides, quiet and no arcades or tatty shops etc. Plus great fish and chips nearby

For holiday Beach it’s Friars Cliff near Christchurch in Dorset. Combination of pebbles and sand but again quiet, no arcades or shops but in The Beach Hut cafe they have the best simple food I’ve ever bought at a beach and unbelievably friendly.

So I guess we like a beach where we can just chill and relax without distractions and we don’t have to worry about kids getting lost in crowds

Youngest DD at Frinton
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Nairn beach was great when we lived there. All you need, miles of sand, rock pools that froze in the winter. Views to the Black Isle, dolphins if lucky. Beachside mini Golf, play parks, fairs and Games, just lovely!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

I’m spoilt for choice for beautiful beaches, I’m surrounded by them. We don’t usually do beach holidays because we walk on beaches most days, so not got a traditional holiday beach favourite that I can think of.
2 of my favourite home beaches - Sanday, Orkney

Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

One of these three. All rather close for me and all very different.

Gwithian.

Kynance.

Porthcurno.

Edited at 05:56 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

For me it’s Irvine beach. It’s not spectacular like some, but it has amazing views over Arran and Alisa Craig and a great beach park. But mostly it means I’m home.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
For me it’s Irvine beach. It’s not spectacular like some, but it has amazing views over Arran and Alisa Craig and a great beach park. But mostly it means I’m home.
DD lives in Irvine and mum and dad aren’t far away. In normal times we’re down a few times a year. It is a lovely beach - I enjoy a walk followed by a visit to GRO 😄
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gull View Post
DD lives in Irvine and mum and dad aren’t far away. In normal times we’re down a few times a year. It is a lovely beach - I enjoy a walk followed by a visit to GRO 😄
Ah how lovely. I’m from Irvine and hopefully moving back in the next year or so. Both of our parents and families are still there.
Gro has become such a popular coffee shop. It’s a lovely walk along the harbour
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Rhosneigr Anglesey, best chippy as well
Old 28 Aug 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Surly a beach with pebbles can’t be in any choice.
For us in NI a great choice white rocks at Portrush, Portstewart strand, Castlerock and Downhill. Combined approx 13/14 miles golden sand
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Bamburgh. Miles of beach with the spectacular backdrop of the castle.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List