Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Sep 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

So who’s done waterparks mid Feb?

Hellooo

Going feb 8-23 (hopefully &#128514
what are my chances of enjoying a waterpark day without getting hypothermia ?

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Yep - we've done a couple of Feb half-term Saturday to Saturday quick trips and taken in the waterparks. In fact, in Feb 2020 we bought waterparks annual passes that we've been unable to use since!

We had two great days in Blizzard Beach. The weather was perfect - up in the 80s and there was next to no-one in the parks so no waits for anything at all. I'd go as far to say that in over 30 years or visits to WDW, they were the best times I've had in the waterparks.

The only caveat I'll add is that the weather can turn cold. On the Friday of our last visit, a cold snap was expected, so much so that Disney announced a few days in advance that the water park was going to be closed on that day.

When the day came around it was blooming freezing and we were totally unprepared, only having summer stuff with us - we travel without suitcases on these trips. We headed over to the Grand Floridian that evening and it was amazing to see so many people in coats, gloves, hats and scarfs!

It was the only day like that we have experienced in February, so don't worry about it - the weather has been otherwise perfect!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I don't like the waterparks but I have arrived to 30+ temps in Feb before so it would definitely be an option if there's no cold snap.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I think most of the parks do have heated pool/slides, of course the issue is more when you get out of them
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We did them mid January!😆
We had TL almost to ourselves as it was about 21 degrees!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Remember they close the water parks when it gets too cold for the locals😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Remember they close the water parks when it gets too cold for the locals😀
The locals don't really go to the waterparks in the winter! When they do close it really is too cold for anyone.
Old 14 Sep 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

I did Blizzard Beach mid Feb. Was like our summer on the day, clear skies maybe low 80s. I'm lay there in my shorts sunbathing with a lifeguard not far away in a huge winter coat and a wooly hat! We're used to it you'll be fine. One generally closed though in Feb
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

We've done 3 x February and a January trip and always done waterparks. You just need to keep your eye on the forecast and choose your days accordingly.
We had a lovely day in BB in January 2019 the next day we were wearing jeans and hoodies.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Morty
Proud to wear my Ears

We found them fine. Maybe not hot enough to lay around drying off but warm enough to be comfortable doing the slides and lazy river. Also, floors were much more pleasant to walk on!
Morty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List