Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 24 Sep 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The break sounds wonderful, I definitely recommend cake 😄 I hope the weather is good for your break

My DD’s student house is in Clifton too. She’s starting her third year at the uni, her second year in this house. She was also shy and quiet when she went to uni, but she’s far more confident now. She loves the city and especially the Clifton area, so I hope your DSD enjoys her time there as much as mine does 😄

Edited to add: Slimbridge Wetlands Centre is close to Saul, my DD recently spent time there on a field trip for her Biology degree, and really enjoyed it. So it may be nice for a visit if you like that sort of thing
I will look into slimbridge!
I’m sure walking the dog, coffee and cake, and just taking some time out together will be perfect, I often say I need to slow down and step off the planet for a while, so this will be a great opportunity! The dog is such a great comfort blanket for her it’s going to be nice having her with us 😊

Will you daughter finish her course next year? It might be good to get some tips! Xx
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
I will look into slimbridge!
I’m sure walking the dog, coffee and cake, and just taking some time out together will be perfect, I often say I need to slow down and step off the planet for a while, so this will be a great opportunity! The dog is such a great comfort blanket for her it’s going to be nice having her with us 😊

Will you daughter finish her course next year? It might be good to get some tips! Xx
The best part of getting away sometimes is just the time to relax and enjoy the company you are with. I’m sure you will both enjoy the break

Our DD is considering taking a masters degree next year as she’s enjoyed her time studying in Bristol so much. It’s not been easy with the pandemic and lockdowns, and she has had longer periods at home than she really would have liked (even though she’s happy at home too of course) and she’s not had as much on campus teaching as she should have had. Thankfully this year is starting all in person teaching for her course next week and she’s really looking forward to it.

Any tips or questions I (or my DD) can help with, let me know and we’ll be happy to try and help. I hope it all goes well for your DD.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The best part of getting away sometimes is just the time to relax and enjoy the company you are with. I’m sure you will both enjoy the break

Our DD is considering taking a masters degree next year as she’s enjoyed her time studying in Bristol so much. It’s not been easy with the pandemic and lockdowns, and she has had longer periods at home than she really would have liked (even though she’s happy at home too of course) and she’s not had as much on campus teaching as she should have had. Thankfully this year is starting all in person teaching for her course next week and she’s really looking forward to it.

Any tips or questions I (or my DD) can help with, let me know and we’ll be happy to try and help. I hope it all goes well for your DD.
That’s really kind, thank you. I’ll bear that in mind. X
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List