Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Sep 21, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Nov/Dec lucky ones?

I wondered if those who are going in Nov Dec would like to keep those of us who missed the boat updated.
We are extremely pleased to be going three times next year, to try and use up our points but missed the November opening by a few weeks. That is also if we can afford the Sept flights!
Be great to hear from those who are going what they are doing, and how the feel about it- did you splurge points or had to stick to what you had or did you end up not even using them and booking alternative accommodation because there is no availability now. Or maybe you managed to cobble something together?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

My November holiday is with my family (sister and nephews) and has been loved 4 times. If we didn’t go this time my sister was going to cancel. We still need the official start date as we are flying the 7th but fingers crossed.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We're not until January which was a booked trip anyway so didn't need to move flights, although we have extended them by a week and splurged my remaining 2020 points on a concierge stateroom on The Dream for a 4 night Bahamian cruise after a couple of extra days onsite. We disembark the day before our friends we're going with arrive so all worked out perfectly and we'll be able to collect them from MCO.

I never thought I'd use points for a cruise, but as they expire at the end of January and with a Feb UY the extension is pretty useless, happy to be getting use out of them.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re going on 30th November. Rebooked with BA after fighting virgin for months for our refund so first time with BA. Booked a few split stays as expected to sell them! Boardwalk, SSR and GFV. Home in time for Christmas. Just so excited now!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

After booking and rebooking many times it looks like we will get a decent deal.

Booked the flights and SUV on opening day so paying very little for both.

Have a night on I Drive on arrival then over to AKL for 3 nights, then 8 nights at CCV.

Had a lot of points that we'd banked - managed to sell a number of speculative bookings I made back on the 7 month window. Sold them at full price on the Facebook group, didn't entertain any lowball offers or talk of distressed points.

Happy enough with what we have booked and the balance of our points.

We have a week booked for March 2022 too, will hold onto those bookings and swap them out for the International Members rolled over points that we'll be getting back in Dec 2021.

Have a couple of bookings already sold to Dibbers for Aug/Sept 2022 too, which was always the intention as we are on the Wish in September and I wanted to sell 100 points to pay for that.

Doesn't feel properly real that we're going back yet.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scotgirl
VIP Dibber

scotgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We already had our booking for December 1st and were just keeping everything crossed that we were able to go! Called on Monday and ordered our annual passes so it feels more real now. Back on the diet again!
Old 29 Sep 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Temp77
A Guest at All-Stars

We had a booking for 13 nights in a Riviera studio planned for the 50th and would have been flying out on Monday just gone. When Virgin cancelled our flights last month I cancelled the Riviera booking before the points went into holding.

I have a February use year and had 2020 banked points which were expiring in January which I was still desperately hoping to use rather than have to rent out. By stalking the website over the August bank holiday weekend I managed to secure 8 nights in a 1 bedroom at SSR from 14 December, not really expecting to get to use the reservation. Since the announcement of the border opening last week I’ve been able to tag on an extra night so now have 9 nights booked. We booked the Yacht club from 23 to 27 Dec last weekend as I don’t have any more points left to use for this trip and we’d changed our flights with Virgin to come back on the 27th. Whilst it’s disappointing not to be there for the 50th we’ve never been at Christmas so we’re excited to get the chance.

We’ve got a big family trip booked for 5 adults and 3 kids next summer for a 2 week split stay staying in 2 bed standard rooms at my two home resorts of BLT and Riviera. After being unable to use my points for so long I’ve not even had to borrow from my 2023 use year as I had enough 2021 banked points to use with my 2022 points to secure the trip.
Temp77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Great to hear so many of you are sorted, in one way or another we seem to have made the best our of it, and to have to say the international member’s policy has probably helped many of us more than our US counterparts with their ability to travel.
So sorry I didn’t reply sooner, been trying out Princess cruise line instead of our cancelled trip!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

We have 10 nights at Copper Creek over New Years that we booked at 11 months and a random night at OKW- no availability for the other 3 nights we need so probably looking off-site or a cash booking! I am stalking the website through!

For us it will be the first time using our DVC since we purchased a few years ago - the excitement levels are high!
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We are Boardwalk Dec 16-20 and SSR 20-24 then we are Miami Beach for 4 nights.