Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Sep 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

New Epcot Show Harmonious

What do you think?

Seems to be getting a very mixed reception, with some saying they love it, others saying they have cut down on pyrotechnics to save money and it has no story or big ending?

Personally I always liked the early 90s Epcot show where they lit up all the countries and sent up a shed load of fireworks. I’m not convinced these distant projections onto fountains etc work as it’s too small when there in person.

I’m reserving judgment until I’ve seen it in person.

Edited at 07:15 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I think it's very colourful and very clever ,but the music and the themeing was a bit of a mish mash,
I loved illuminations and for me it's nowhere near as good as that, but like you I will see how I feel when I've seen it in person.
I doubt if it will make me cry like illuminations always did
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I'll watch it later,I loved Illuminations and so want to love this new one🤔
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for posting that, when it was zoomed in it was lovely, but as you say from the lakes edge it would be very small.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I quite liked it but I loved illuminations. I’m hoping that with a warm evening and atmosphere it will be much better than from my sofa.
Florida Gator is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Happily Ever After finished last night as well. Now that was one of my favourite ever shows, thought it was brilliant. Hopefully the new one with the projections all down Main Street will exceed it. I’m slightly concerned they will cut down the pyrotechnics to save money, hopefully not. We will find out very soon (about 40 hours). I am very hopeful that one will be amazing.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Thank you for posting that, when it was zoomed in it was lovely, but as you say from the lakes edge it would be very small.
Yes, remember ‘Rivers of Light’. Huge amounts spent, stadium seating built, abject failure because it was simply underwhelming although no doubt amazing on paper. It needs to be very big as per the projections on the castle to get impact.
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I'll be honest, I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch it.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I like it on first viewing on my phone,but don't LOVE it.I'll watch it on TV later.I do think it'll grow on me,I didn't like HEA to start with but ended up loving it.I can't wait to see it in person in December,you need to actually be there to feel the fireworks from your feet and all through your body.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You really are going to need to be at the front of the crowd to see it properly. At least with fireworks you could still see them from the back. Also I’m not sure it’s going to be visible from all around the lake which will drive the crowds all to the front. It’s very clever and pretty but I like fireworks and they seem a bit lacking especially in the finale. It should have a Wishes type finale, guaranteed to make your eyes run.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List