Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 1 Oct 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

Where to stop Miami to Orlando

Hi all

Pulled the trigger today and managed to get 6 flights direct to Miami with BA in the summer holidays using my industry discount, for just £560 each.

I've done the drive north to Orlando before, but always non stop and this time we have my folks (Aged 71 and 74), plus my 7 year old niece.

We are staying overnight at an airport hotel and driving to Orlando the following day, so my question is, where is best to stop on the way. Thinking perhaps some lunch and a nearby beach, but not too far out the way.

Thanks in advance.
Rob
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I was looking at the same, a few peeps on here recommended:

Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central

Not that far off the 91 or 95 and right next to the Airport, short drive to the coast.
Old 2 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

100% Vero Beach, we always stop there. Have brunch at Mulligans Beach House. Our favourite spot in Florida. It’s about 2.15h from
Miami, and about 1.5hr from Orlando. It’s stunning.

Last few trips we have driven up to Deerfield Beach after landing, about an hour away, had a swim, dinner & set off the next morning, stopping at Vero again. Next year we are driving up to Palm Beach after landing & will stop at Mulligans. I’ll just leave this here 😉

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Nice work Rambo. Get down to work and do some planning now... And update your countdown...

Like youre-nicked, we're flying into MIA too, August. Landing around 16:30. I'm planning on driving straight up to Disney so have repeatedly been driving alternative routes on Google Earth - looking for places to stop for a coffee and a snack along the way.

Based on what i've read on the DIBB I would recommend NewToOrlando's suggestion of Vero Beach, sounds perfect.
Old 2 Oct 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Agreed. Mulligans is brilliant.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rambocat1974 View Post
Hi all

Pulled the trigger today and managed to get 6 flights direct to Miami with BA in the summer holidays using my industry discount, for just £560 each.

I've done the drive north to Orlando before, but always non stop and this time we have my folks (Aged 71 and 74), plus my 7 year old niece.

We are staying overnight at an airport hotel and driving to Orlando the following day, so my question is, where is best to stop on the way. Thinking perhaps some lunch and a nearby beach, but not too far out the way.

Thanks in advance.
Rob
Also flying into Miami for the first time in May staying at the airport and picking up the car the following morning.

Vero beach sounds like a nice stop on the way up although we are planning staying there on the way back to Miami.
Old 2 Oct 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
100% Vero Beach, we always stop there. Have brunch at Mulligans Beach House. Our favourite spot in Florida. It’s about 2.15h from
Miami, and about 1.5hr from Orlando. It’s stunning.

Last few trips we have driven up to Deerfield Beach after landing, about an hour away, had a swim, dinner & set off the next morning, stopping at Vero again. Next year we are driving up to Palm Beach after landing & will stop at Mulligans. I’ll just leave this here 😉

Thank you for this, we are also flying into Miami but doing a cruise first before driving to Orlando. Will definitely be stopping here on the drive.

I just went and had a look at their menu... I am actually starving now!
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Thank you for this, we are also flying into Miami but doing a cruise first before driving to Orlando. Will definitely be stopping here on the drive.

I just went and had a look at their menu... I am actually starving now!
Haha sorry! Honestly though, it's just a beautiful area and we have never had a bad experience there. There are a few other Mulligans scattered along the east coast of FL but none of the locations beat Vero!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

After reading this thread, I am seriously thinking of flying into Miami for the first time Andy along our time driving up and stopping along the way. Going to look into flight prices, thank you OP
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

Where to stop when driving Miami to Orlando

Hi all

Due to the huge cost saving, we will be flying direct to Miami next summer and then driving the following day to Orlando.

We've done this drive before and would be happy to go straight through, but will be travelling with my 7 y/o niece and my parents who will be 72 & 74, so stops are inevitable.

We cannot get into our Villa until 4pm, so I'm thinking about stopping halfway where we can get lunch and visit a beach, but without going too far off track.

Has anyone got any recommendations of where to stop that would fit the bill.

Thanks
Rob
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List