Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Oct 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Yup. Here she is.

I don’t know her, but have been known to cycle to her town.
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I was admiring it on FB the other day, it does look lovely, but how much time do you spend in the lobby at your hotel? Not enough to tempt me back there for anything other than to save points.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I was admiring it on FB the other day, it does look lovely, but how much time do you spend in the lobby at your hotel? Not enough to tempt me back there for anything other than to save points.
Don’t you like the resort then? I thought it was lovely the times I stayed, very relaxing although haven’t been since 2016 I think it was. You won’t go in the lobby much at OKW I agree as you don’t walk through it even, but it looks nice. Mrs YT is never bothered about any lobby as she describes them all as transit areas.
We do like some peace and quiet in resorts.

I still haven’t seen any SSR lobby pics yet.

Edited at 01:01 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1205036

Behind the times for a change YT I posted this at the weekend.
However on the popularity stakes you win hands down as I only got one kind contributor. 😂

OKW is basically our only spend on DVC since our first visit in 95. It's home.
I love this new Lobby.
Will be sitting in one of those brilliant settees in May waiting for the family stragglers.
Can't wait.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1205036

Behind the times for a change YT I posted this at the weekend.
However on the popularity stakes you win hands down as I only got one kind contributor. 😂

OKW is basically our only spend on DVC since our first visit in 95. It's home.
I love this new Lobby.
Will be sitting in one of those brilliant settees in May waiting for the family stragglers.
Can't wait.
Sorry Salmim I totally missed your post. Yes I was offline most of the 1 and 2 October, so wasn’t getting the DVC news quick enough, clearly.

Now go get us some SSR new lobby pics.
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

OKW is the only resort we've managed to stop at yet due to Covid ruining all our plans.

Enjoy the low key feel of the resort, having stayed in the real Key West they've done a great job transferring some of the theming.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I'll put my hand up and say i'm a lobby person... 😂

Well, we enjoy walking around a resort the first time we stay anyway. I look to look at all the details around the resort including the lobby, take photos etc.

If it was a repeat visit? Maybe not so much!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I'll put my hand up and say i'm a lobby person... 😂

Well, we enjoy walking around a resort the first time we stay anyway. I look to look at all the details around the resort including the lobby, take photos etc.

If it was a repeat visit? Maybe not so much!
Oh I do like a good lobby, Wilderness Lodge lobby at Christmas is breathtaking & AKL lobby is gorgeous, but it wouldn’t be a deciding factor for me on staying there, location & feel of the hotel will always take priority, a nice lobby is an extra bonus 😊

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Don’t you like the resort then? I thought it was lovely the times I stayed, very relaxing although haven’t been since 2016 I think it was.
When we first stayed there in 2005 I loved it, felt like a real hidden treasure, then it got more & more known & popular (mostly with free dining offers) & I got older & found it appealed less & less. I don’t ‘dislike’ it exactly but for me it’s in the mix when I want to either save points or am not doing WDW parks so don’t want them in my face.

Old 7 Oct 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Lobby looks lovely but it is also only a transit area for me on the first day.
I love OKW but don’t like it for two of us as hubby and I like a sofa to sit on and a larger TV.
If we were coming with our son we would still prefer a pull down as it gives us somewhere to sit.
If we were looking for a two bed though, we would say in a heartbeat, but the points are not as good for the times of year we travel.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List