Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 21 Nov 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Les miserables and blood brothers were my absolute favourites. Have seen them both 4 times each.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

Hamilton - everything about this production is amazing. You've got to be in the room where it happens 😉

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Hamilton.
Dream Girls I thought was very good as well as the singers were amazing.
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Les mis
Hamilton
Jersey boys
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Les Mis i think is the best one on in London at the moment followed closely by Mary Poppins
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Definitely Hamilton but I also absolutely loved Come from Away !
x
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

That is very hard to just give one but if a had to pick one I would say Miss Saigon. Its spectacular and gives me goose bumps. Anytime it comes back on tour I have to see it.

I just saw Hamilton and Wicked few weeks ago and both were outstanding and might now be in my top 5 along with JCS and Lion King.

Soo hard even to pick 5 🤣 and like them all for different things. Billy and Kinky for the stories and fun, West Side Story the dancing is amazing, Joseph, Oliver , Hairspray. Too many and I have never not enjoyed a musical though at times felt the leads let it down especially production's of Grease and Chicago I have seen.

I would go every week if could afford it. Me and the dd live and breath musicals, live in the clouds 🤣

Next on list is Come far Away i think.

Edited at 05:03 AM.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I’ve just booked tickets to see the jersey boys in Birmingham in December, has anyone seen this? it looks like an amazing show! I’m so excited!
I seen it out its last tour in Glasgow and was really really good, the vocals 🤩
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

My very first west end musical was Time at the dominion theatre with david Cassidy in. I was blown away with it all abs still have huge nostalgia about that musical. I also adore Chess and saw it with many of the original cast - I later on was a member of an amateur musical theatre group who performed chess and it was amazing to be part of it.

I also saw Starlight Express in the late 80s and loved that as well.

I saw beauty and the beast in its original west end run and that Is one of my favourites ever.

Of the recent ones I’ve seen Book of Mormon,
Hamilton and everybody’s talking about Jamie are my favourites.

However, my absolute favourite is Jesus Christ superstar - when we saw it Steve balsamo was the lead and I’ve never ever forgotten it. His performance of gethsemane is one of the greatest musical number performances I’ve ever seen. Such an amazing talent
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ah, memories of when I moved to London in 92 and met Peter. BATB (film) was our first date. For my birthday we saw Starlight Express and for his we saw Joseph.

Agree about Steve Balsamo in Superstar, he was amazing.

We saw as much as we could in those 27 years, often just meeting up after work on a whim and grabbing cheap tickets in the gods. It’s so much harder now we are in Wales, with crappy work hours and awful public transport!
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List