Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Oct 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Remembering from an Aug 2019 trip.

Stayed in Block 4501-4836, Carousel bustop is I believe, the 2nd stop if going to a Parks. We could see it coming as we crossed the carpark. By the time it got to the main centre, it was full so couldn't pick up other guests. This was a good thing for us but not those at the D Springs end!
We liked the Paddock Pool which was quieter than the main pool.
Shortish walk to the main centre around the lake which was lovely. We had a 1 bed villa with a lovely view of the lake and I think we could see the Baloon at D Springs.

Edited at 08:02 PM.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Remembering from an Aug 2019 trip.

Stayed in Block 4501-4836, Carousel bustop is I believe, the 2nd stop if going to a Parks. We could see it coming as we crossed the carpark. By the time it got to the main centre, it was full so couldn't pick up other guests. This was a good thing for us but not those at the D Springs end!
We liked the Paddock Pool which was quieter than the main pool.
Shortish walk to the main centre around the lake which was lovely. We had a 1 bed villa with a lovely view of the lake and I think we could see the Baloon at D Springs.
Thank you
Old 30 Oct 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed at the Grandstand twice, first was by the pool which was great. Second time was a block further away, quiet but a bit of a walk to everything. Last stay was Congress Park which we loved, the only downside was no refillable mug station.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lola I'd say the only problem with CP is it being classed as "Preferred" back before Disney Springs was the Springs, very few people wanted CP then all of a sudden it's 14 points more a week & nothing changed- it's still the same pool etc If we could guarantee getting that end of the Paddock, I'd stay there every time, still use the CP facilities & save the 42 points!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We've stayed at the Grandstand twice, first was by the pool which was great. Second time was a block further away, quiet but a bit of a walk to everything. Last stay was Congress Park which we loved, the only downside was no refillable mug station.
We love the CP pool, no ice machine, no drinks machine and very few noisy kids. Bliss.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Only had 1 stay at SSR which was in the Paddocks section but near the Carousel bustop. Found it a great location!
Karen this is also our preferred location. Only stayed once, even though we now own there too. It is where we have requested for two of our trips next year.
I loved having the snack bar at the pool for a drink etc. it is far enough from the pool not to be noisy but near enough for a swim and sunbathe. The walk across the bridge is nice, to the Springs and DS. We found the bus stop location good too, but if you are not doing the parks the walk to Disney Springs for you will be fine, you are fitter than we are 👍😂
Seriously, I never get why people say it so spread out, not much of a walk to me to get anywhere, just avoid the midday sun.

Edited at 06:49 AM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m not really bothered what section I’m in. Quiet suits us and we like a walk. Grandstand is probably the best for us due to the bus situation, but really not fussed. Stick me right at the back, as long as the outlook isn’t a car park and is a golf course, wooded area, grounds or water.
Like TwentyYears we don’t understand this largely American obsession that it’s too spread out- then again last weekend we walked 36000 steps in one day in London!

Edited at 12:07 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Thanks all, your thoughts have been very valuable! I hadn’t considered the Paddock previously but I will, now.

I also have never understood people considering SSR ‘too big’ to walk around.

CP was always our favourite area (before they resized the points) and I loved the quiet pool with the views over to DTD. Well, Disney Springs now

Although we’ve not stayed at SSR for ages, it was always the DVC resort that we found gave us a room choice if we checked in early enough. They would show on the map the location and once or twice we took a room with a better view rather than rigidly stick to the area we’d hoped for. Anyone know if this is still happening (out of curiosity)?

Edited at 10:52 AM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Thanks all, your thoughts have been very valuable! I hadn’t considered the Paddock previously but I will, now.

I also have never understood people considering SSR ‘too big’ to walk around.

CP was always our favourite area (before they resized the points) and I loved the quiet pool with the views over to DTD. Well, Disney Springs now

Although we’ve not stayed at SSR for ages, it was always the DVC resort that we found gave us a room choice if we checked in early enough. They would show on the map the location and once or twice we took a room with a better view rather than rigidly stick to the area we’d hoped for. Anyone know if this is still happening (out of curiosity)?
I think if you go to check in at check in it may be possible, and Mr T always does this, or checks the room first then asks to change. With so many doing on line check in it may still be possible if the room isn’t allocated yet. My concern would be that by the time you go they may be full because of the glut of points, so changing once there may not be easy.
We still use room request via touring plans, and it seems to work quite well for us.

Edited at 01:08 AM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ll be (hopefully) turning up at 9am and ‘doing a Tom’ on our upcoming split stay with Boardwalk.