Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Nov 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Help! Rented DVC reservation out & pending charges

I'm not sure what to do. I had 2 DVC reservations for this week - because of lack of availability I couldn't amend to my new dates so decided to just rent the reservations out via a Facebook group. I've only been a DVC member since last year so it's all very new to me but everything went smoothly(so I thought!)

Today is check out day for the first reservation and I woke up to a Disney Resort Hotel invoice, and on the invoice is my name & credit card with a $333.89 payment to clear the balance. I've now checked my online banking and there are 3 payments total from WDW pending totalling £444.

I never charge to my room when I'm at Disney so don't really know the procedure, but basically I'm not sure what I should do now? I've messaged the lady I rented to, but DVC phonelines aren't open yet so I'm not sure what else I can do.

How can I make sure my credit card isn't on the second reservation? They're due to check in today.
Old 7 Nov 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
I'm not sure what to do. I had 2 DVC reservations for this week - because of lack of availability I couldn't amend to my new dates so decided to just rent the reservations out via a Facebook group. I've only been a DVC member since last year so it's all very new to me but everything went smoothly(so I thought!)

Today is check out day for the first reservation and I woke up to a Disney Resort Hotel invoice, and on the invoice is my name & credit card with a $333.89 payment to clear the balance. I've now checked my online banking and there are 3 payments total from WDW pending totalling £444.

I never charge to my room when I'm at Disney so don't really know the procedure, but basically I'm not sure what I should do now? I've messaged the lady I rented to, but DVC phonelines aren't open yet so I'm not sure what else I can do.

How can I make sure my credit card isn't on the second reservation? They're due to check in today.
When you made the booking did you tick the box ‘This guest is not a DVC member?’

Either way, this shouldn’t have happened. They can’t charge your credit card without permission. It’s amazing it has happened as I’m struggling to see how they have the MDE access with credit card information to charge anything - unless you put them on your MDE also?

Obviously raise it with them and hopefully they will quickly remove. If not I’d be doing a chargeback.

Unless you left the reservation in your own name and they think the renter is you?

Edited at 11:59 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’d ring the resort? I think your issue is with them rather then DVC.
I’ve never had this happen, I think ultimately as the owner you are responsible. But I’d like to think it’s been a mistake and the guests will rectify it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
When you made the booking did you tick the box ‘This guest is not a DVC member?’

Either way, this shouldn’t have happened. They can’t charge your credit card without permission. It’s amazing it has happened as I’m struggling to see how they have the MDE access with credit card information to charge anything - unless you put them on your MDE also?

Obviously raise it with them and hopefully they will quickly remove. If not I’d be doing a chargeback.

Unless you left the reservation in your own name and they think the renter is you?
So I had completed online check-in on MDE for myself and entered my credit card details then. But then it became clear we wouldn't be going on the 2nd so I rented the two reservations out - I did a live chat on the DVC site to ask them remove myself as lead booking and gave all the renters/guest information over.

The booking then disappeared from my MDE, and my renter linked the reservation on her account. But they're not on my MDE, I'm not on the reservation still or anything.

Also yes I ticked the not a DVC member box.

Edited at 12:09 PM.
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
So I had completed online check-in on MDE for myself and entered my credit card details then. But then it became clear we wouldn't be going on the 2nd so I rented the two reservations out - I did a live chat on the DVC site to ask them remove myself as lead booking and gave all the renters/guest information over.

The booking then disappeared from my MDE, and my renter linked the reservation on her account. But they're not on my MDE, I'm not on the reservation still or anything.
Sounds like a mistake then by them.

There’s some vague wording in the POS if memory serves me correctly that members are liable for unpaid charges and damage. For some reason when I looked at this years ago, I thought they would struggle with the unpaid charges bit.

It may be just an error. Someone by mistake has auto processed the bills against your card, and the renter has no idea and is expecting to pay. I have heard of various rogue charges appearing on WDW guests (not just DVC) bills recently.

Hope you get it sorted, is your renter still there? If yes I’d try and get a number or email directly to the front desk (most of them they give you go to a generic call centre) and tell them what’s happened so it can be rectified when the renter is still there.
Old 7 Nov 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Just tried to call but they said nobody from the billing department is there yet so to phone back in 40 mins. Hopefully they're able to sort it.

Yes the renter is checking out today, I've sent her a message asking if she would mind asking about it when she checks out. I'm sure when she completed online check in herself she would have had to add a card?
Old 7 Nov 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Seems a crazy situation, surely the front desk has to take ID and a credit card when checking in.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
Seems a crazy situation, surely the front desk has to take ID and a credit card when checking in.
Sometimes the renter has the room allocated via MDE which shows the room number so no need to go to front desk to check in
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Struggling to get through now - I've been stuck on hold for a while now and I'm worried about ending up with a huge phone bill... I'm wondering if I should just call the bank and cancel the card?
Old 7 Nov 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
That would help with the second reservation but I assume if they charged are showing on this one it’s too late.

You can use a cheap number to call the usa.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List