Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Hello hoping I can pick your brains !

Any help appreciated even just bullet points. Totally last minute booked 12/12/21 - 23/12/21 . 2 adults & 2 kids 10&5. Am panicking as seems so much to try and plan in short time..Haven't got accom yet but looking at Fantasy World Resort for £1500 (2 bed town house). Seemed better value than staying on Disney in 1 room but am I missing a trick here, with priority etc. Visited previously when we didn't have kids & stayed in private villa (are the Champions Gate & Wyndham still rated highly?) and loved it but thinking now kids would like others to play with etc in clubs / pool.No park tickets booked yet and now seeing that you have to book a spot too, am I going to buy tickets I won't be able to use ! Cant see me doing hardcore multiple parks ( before kids did florida multiple parks Universal, Sea World, water parks etc ) with kids being young but would like to give them a good time so expect at least 4 or 5 park visits, is Disney only OK or should I factor in other parks too. No hire car yet but sent message to Andy recommended on forums to hopefully get us a good ( Know that nothing is going to be cheap !) Sorry for all questions but any help and logical steps laid out appreciated. Thank you
RAS is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

How exciting ! My number one tip would be not to overdo it with tickets. When we first went with our 2 children they were 5 years old and Disney tickets only would’ve been more than enough. Sorry, can’t really advise with the accommodation as we usually stay in a hotel on I-Drive or Hotel Plaza Blvd. Good luck with the planning 👍
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
How exciting ! My number one tip would be not to overdo it with tickets. When we first went with our 2 children they were 5 years old and Disney tickets only would’ve been more than enough. Sorry, can’t really advise with the accommodation as we usually stay in a hotel on I-Drive or Hotel Plaza Blvd. Good luck with the planning 👍
Thank you. Would love to do multiple Universal & Disney but realistically think could only do 4/5 days max at park out of 11 days we are there.
Old 11 Nov 21, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As someone who has been maybe 25 times, and often stayed offsite, I think you would have the best experience, particularly with the young kids, onsite. It makes for a very different holiday.
Old 11 Nov 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Although I haven’t been at Xmas, we have been in August which is very busy.

I’d stick to one set of parks. For us that would be Disney. But then we would visit more often. Frequent Shorter days in the parks are less stressful than a few long days.

We’d much rather go to a park for 3 hours and leave when everyone is tired. Then arrive early with the though. This is our only days at MK so we have to stay all day.

On-site vs off.
We like to be onsite as we love the feeling of being immersed in Disney. We like to get the buses and just love being there. The atmosphere with the Disney hotels is important to us. We do go offsite for shopping and eating.

However - on-site prices are currently crazy and you definitely get less space for your money. So I can certainly see why you might prefer a townhouse.

I’d have a think about a plan. If you are only going to do the parks for 4-5 days what will you do the other days ?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

I’d stick to one set of parks. For us that would be Disney. But then we would visit more often. Frequent Shorter days in the parks are less stressful than a few long days.

We’d much rather go to a park for 3 hours and leave when everyone is tired. Then arrive early with the though. This is our only days at MK so we have to stay all day.

On-site vs off.
We like to be onsite as we love the feeling of being immersed in Disney. We like to get the buses and just love being there. The atmosphere with the Disney hotels is important to us. We do go offsite for shopping and eating.

However - on-site prices are currently crazy and you definitely get less space for your money. So I can certainly see why you might prefer a townhouse.

I’d have a think about a plan. If you are only going to do the parks for 4-5 days what will you do the other days ?
A DVC points rental for a 1 bed at OKW could be ideal. Would cost more of course, but money could be saved on a car etc.
Old 11 Nov 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
Thank you. Looking at cost of tickets ( think my heart stopped briefly !) and way that they are set up 7 days use over 2 weeks etc. Think I'd up my days in parks and 'drag' my kids round to get monies worth Maybe if I dose them up with enough candy they would be hyper enough
Old 11 Nov 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

On-site vs off.

Thank you. Is there any Disney resorts which you recommended over others or is it just on what deals can be had.
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
As someone who has been maybe 25 times, and often stayed offsite, I think you would have the best experience, particularly with the young kids, onsite. It makes for a very different holiday.
25 times ! Think you know what your talking about then
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by RAS View Post
Thank you. Is there any Disney resorts which you recommended over others or is it just on what deals can be had.
They are all different, and I'd be loathe to recommend a specific one. The more you pay, the bigger the room and the closer to the parks (as a generalisation).
They are in 3 (4) price brackets

Value (All Stars / Pop Century / Art of Animation)

Moderates (Port Orleans / Caribbean Beach / Coronado Springs)

Deluxe / Deluxe Villas. Everything else.

The value rooms aren't very big, and I'm not a huge fan of the theming of the resorts, but they are very popular and I have no doubt you would have a great holiday.

If budget allows, I'd opt for a moderate, more greenery around the resort, a bigger room. Nicer pool areas.

The deluxes are fabulous, but the prices are silly. As YorkshireT mentioned, it is possible to rent points (from a timeshare owner) in order to stay in the deluxe villas (apartments) but I wouldn't recommend that for your first trip. There is enough to think about without making things more complicated.

First thing, Id suggest, look at some photos of the rooms and see how you feel about everyone sharing a room, and then look at your budget and see what you can afford.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List