Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Nov 21, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Per guest spending increases 30% at Disney Parks, further cuts may come to park restaurants

It was the earnings call yesterday.

Profit and guest spend up substantially.

33% are buying Genie+

They are considering cutting food portions for profit.

wdwnt/2021/11/disney-par...rease-profits/

Shares are down, the market doesn’t seem too impressed, particularly with Disney+ growth.

Edited at 07:01 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am simply glad that my boys have outgrown Disney and I am ‘out’. I really feel that we had the best years of WDW and before much of the nickel and dining began. At the end of the day, there are plenty of great alternatives, both in Florida and beyond!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
The only Disney Park we do, hubby and I, is Typhoon Lagoon and this has yet to open 😢 My daughter and her support assistant will be going in December and that will be nearly £1000 for 2 tickets. When we first went to Florida in 2001 all four of us went for less than that. I feel the magic is gone but my daughter, who is autistic and learning disabled, loves to go as she doesn’t look at/understand the $$$$ that it now costs.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I love Epcot but that's it, I've booked to stay at the waldorf as I now refuse to pay the ridiculously high (and not worth it imo) disney deluxe resort prices. I usually enjoy Disney dining too but the more I'm looking at things the more I'm seriously considering staying at universal now and visiting epcot one day with a cm friend. The whole Disney cost mechanism is starting to leave a not so pleasant taste in my mouth.
Clare is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ll bide my time, everything works in circles and after the next recession the benefits will return.

Far too much money about at the moment.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Echoplex
a Friend of the DIBB

Cutting portion sizes in the name of greed is just too much isn’t it?
Echoplex is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Not surprising is it. Disney are all about price gouging these days.

No doubt the people who think the sun shine's out of Disney's *rse will be along shortly to write an essay about how it's actually a good thing though.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Profit and spend up substantially, yet they still want to cut back? Seriously?

I imagine a fair bump of spend was the initial 50th anniversary hype as well, which will have died down a bit now.

Edited at 10:36 AM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I recall going to a place called Magic Kingdom back in 2010 and doing complicated things like sticking our park ticket in a machine and getting a bit of paper back saying "return between 3.45 and 4.45". Seemed to work so well back in those days and we didn't pay any more for the privilege.

Been to Florida around 15 times since then and sadly haven't felt the need to go though a WDW turnstile again.

Feel a bit of a fraud sometimes posting on a "Disney Information Bulletin Board". We do pop over to DS now and again though.

Mick
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I recall going to a place called Magic Kingdom back in 2010 and doing complicated things like sticking our park ticket in a machine and getting a bit of paper back saying "return between 3.45 and 4.45". Seemed to work so well back in those days and we didn't pay any more for the privilege.

Been to Florida around 15 times since then and sadly haven't felt the need to go though a WDW turnstile again.

Feel a bit of a fraud sometimes posting on a "Disney Information Bulletin Board". We do pop over to DS now and again though.

Mick
Mick, I am like you. The fact that this is a Disney forum is irrelevant to me as I no longer have the remotest interest in ever entering a Disney park again.

What this forum does give is vast amounts of brilliant advice on all things USA and even beyond. I know of no other place where such information is so freely available and that is why I use and enjoy the DIBB so much.

If the DIBB was simply about Disney, then I would no longer be a member yet alone a Premium one.

For instance, Toll booths no longer hold any fear, following your input!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List