Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 17 Nov 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

What do you do when the parks close?

This will be our first trip where Universal Studios closes around 6/7pm. We’ve only ever been when HHN was on, meaning the parks were open late. We’re staying on-site at Universal and it’s only just hit me that we’ll really have to shake-up how we do those parks. We were used to getting up around 10am and not getting back until after 11pm but it looks like we’ll need to be early risers to make the most of November park hours. There for 5 days then moving to The Dolphin at Disney so no really issues there.

So, what do you all like to do in the evenings you’re not in a park?
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm not a night bird and my favourite thing to do in the evenings is have a dip in the hotel pool. It refreshes and relaxes me before I go to bed.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

10am 😳

That'll be why the mummy is 5 min queue when we get there at rope drop 🤣

We have parks booked for every day of our 7 nights this December so reckon we will be out for a meal, bar at the hotel then hit the sack for 7am rise the next day 😊
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'm not a night bird and my favourite thing to do in the evenings is have a dip in the hotel pool. It refreshes and relaxes me before I go to bed.
This, or an early night if we are still adjusting to US time.

Most of our 'evening' meal bookings tend to be at about 6 or 6.30 and then once back at the hotel if we have the energy a nice night dip.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

We usually up early and knackered pretty early on but then we’re old😱…..Husband has just told me he’s not old🙄😂
To be honest, given that we’ve been about 10 times in the last 7 years and I can’t even think how we usually spend our nights, it must mean that we have the odd drink or two😉
Seriously, we’d usually have something to eat and then sit at the Lone Palm for a while and then bed early, up early.
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our trips are now mainly for the evenings! 😊

Still do the parks and water parks mixed in with a few days Golf!

Then it's nice evening meal in the room or select restaurant then out a and about to the bars in and around Disney, we sometimes bob out to Millers.

Few nightcaps on the balcony, rarely in bed before midnight.

Still early risers but it's breakfast and a brew on the balcony first.

May 16th...bring it on. 😊
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
brer rabbit 28
VIP Dibber

If you are at UO for a few nights, citywalk cinema/golf etc is a nice option. See if there are any bands on at hard rock live.
Uber to the nearest Millers bar can be a cheaper evening out as well.
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We're usually knackered so we don't usually do a lot. Dip in the pool, go for a game of mini golf, or go to a few shops.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

This will also be my first trip when parks close early. Plan is to get something to eat, chill in the pool at the villa, and maybe go for mini golf or some evening activities if we want to. Otherwise probably an earlish night ready for the next days activities!
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We are early to bed early to rise 🙊
After the parks we have an early dinner
Watch tv
Maybe have a cheeky Dunkin Donut
Then try & get to sleep before 10
Then up at least by 6am
Early bird catches the worm & all that 🤪

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List