Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Nov 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Travelplanners and advance flights

Hi

Having booked my holiday with travel planners (used them before no issues) I was told that my flight was with virgin from Heathrow to mco but they’d confirm when booked which flight time (early or lunchtime)
When we’d booked the customer service said actually they couldn’t confirm until the 11months mark. I booked early for a number of reasons including being able to book my seats with virgin.
At 11 months I was told that my flights actually weren’t booked and they were waiting for virgin to release seats at that price allocation.
My invoice says virgin, direct flights from Heathrow.
It took some emails for me to fully understand all of this information.
A couple of weeks ago I had another email to say thank you for my patience and they were still working on it. However they have a ‘back up’ flight reserved for me. It’s an indirect flight via JFK and direct virgin on the way back.

I’m really not happy. I feel they’ve sold me something and misled me. If I wanted an indirect flight then I would have booked one ( for a cheaper price) but I didn’t!

What should I say to them? There are still seats available on the direct flight going but travelplanners say they’re not in the right price bracket. I think that’s their issue and they should honour what they said when I booked and also what my invoice says.

Any help would be really appreciated and I’m feeling quite stressed about this all. Thank you 😊
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Any ideas? What do I put in my next email? Thank you 😊
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I think I’d be asking them to refund my deposit as they cannot supply what they confirmed on the confirmation and I’d take my business elsewhere, they patently haven’t booked your flights x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
I would except the flights have gone up so much I’d be paying more. I might go back and check prices though as not looked for a few weeks. I assume we’d lose the Disney deal w3 had booking from May. Feel like this is such a pain. I’d never use them again! Thank you for your reply. Ddd
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

If your invoice says Direct flights then that’s what they should book for you. I would argue that they have had your money based on that promise.
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

That's disgusting!
How can they promise direct flights and try to give you indirect. It works for many people but for me indirect flights I would hate.

I'm not the best at wording letters/emails but I hope someone comes on who can help you better than me especially as you have it all in writing.

We won't use TP's again either. They went back on their word to change dates of a trip due to my husband's job then we lost the £700 deposit. We were stupid for not having it written though so hopefully you are more successful.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
If your invoice says Direct flights then that’s what they should book for you. I would argue that they have had your money based on that promise.
Thank you 😊
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle73
a Friend of the DIBB

We are rebooked with travel planners for 2022 ( had to cancel 2020 and 2021) our original holiday had direct flights, but the prices had gone up for 2021, and we were quoted for indirect and they said if possible they would try and get us on a direct. When the final invoice came outbound was indirect but inbound was direct, unfortunately due to Covid our holiday was moved again ( hopefully for the last time ) to 2022, and this time due to an increase in flight costs again both our flights are indirect but still with Virgin our preferred airline, I can’t complain as we were told that these flights could be indirect to keep our costs down, but it’s not fair if you were quoted direct and they are now indirect, hope you get it sorted I’ve always dealt with Zac and Annette and they’ve both been helpful.
Belle73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

To me, if they originally stated in writing that they were providing direct flights, but now are unable to, you are eligible to either have:
1) a refund under the package travel regs (I would argue this is a major change) and not what you contractually agreed to;
2) a monetary reduction in the price of the holiday and/or an alternative goodwill gesture (maybe free car parking or lounge access or a voucher for something- as a minimum!)

Here’s my anaology- It’s not what you ordered on the menu, the server took your order correctly but the chef cooked it wrong, so send it back or ask for a reduction off the bill (so to speak).
2020holibubbles is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
To me, if they originally stated in writing that they were providing direct flights, but now are unable to, you are eligible to either have:
1) a refund under the package travel regs (I would argue this is a major change) and not what you contractually agreed to;
2) a monetary reduction in the price of the holiday and/or an alternative goodwill gesture (maybe free car parking or lounge access or a voucher for something- as a minimum!)

Here’s my anaology- It’s not what you ordered on the menu, the server took your order correctly but the chef cooked it wrong, so send it back or ask for a reduction off the bill (so to speak).
Have you been watching Judge Judy
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List