Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 15 Dec 15, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

New York 5th & 6th December 2015 Day 4 & Home.

Well today is our last final day in New York City as the next morning we are on flight VS26 which departs JFK at 8.10am arriving in to Heathrow at 8.10pm.

Another early rise this morning, but not as early as the first morning. I woke around 5am I think & got showered & ready to go out.. I actually did & I tried to wake DH up around 3am but he was having none of it!

This morning breakfast stop was at the Times Square diner & grill again as we were early around 6am & we knew we liked it here from the first morning.

We had the same as the first morning.

We really enjoyed breakfast here.

Then for a walk around while it's still nice & quiet..

There's also something about the steam coming out of the drains that always reminds me of New York!

This morning we are going to Top of the Rock.. The plan was originally for yesterday, but we didn't get up as early as I'd have liked so swopped things around a little.

We had brought our tickets in the UK from Attraction tickets direct & exchanged them on arrival which was easy.

We were there for opening at 8am & it was a lovely & clear morning. There was only a short queue.

While waiting before we joined the queue we went to have another look at the Rockefeller Christmas Tree..

Love watching everyone skate too..

New York really is so nice at Christmas time.

So after our walk around, it was time to go up to the Top of the Rock.. We did do this last time in 2013, but decided we would do it again. I think with this & One World Observatory on our first day this was good. As we had views of the Empire State building, World trade centre & Central Park and so on..

The views really are lovely up here.

After here we were off for some shopping.. I wanted a Snoopy from Macy's..

It was so busy! It was crazy! We went all the way up to the top floor.. I brought Snoopy & some Christmas cards of The Rockefeller Christmas tree which were in the sale.

Some decorations in Macy's

I did also buy a snow globe from the Rockefeller with the Christmas Tree inside.

We went to visit the New York Public Library, I wanted to see the Winnie the Pooh collection the have here. Unfortunately they were out to be cleaned & weren't due back in until some time next year.

It was nice to go in the Library though & have a walk around..

This is the Christmas tree inside..

Next we went to Bryant park, had a look at everyone ice skating, and around the stalls..

Some more window displays along the way.. They really are lovely.

Next we went to Heartlands Brewery the one on 8th Avenue, but it was so busy.. At least I think it was this one, anyway it was way too busy for us & so we left..

We decided that as it was Saturday loads of places would be busy, by this point we were very tired & feet hurt so we wanted to go back to the hotel.

We got take away pizza in the end from Uncle Paul's which was right next to our hotel & it was very nice!

We did get fries & garlic bread too, but I didn't get pictures sorry!

Then it was time to make sure the suitcases were packed & we were nearly ready to go home in the morning!

I'd set the alarm for 3.45am with the intention of leaving at 4.30am.

As you can probably guess I was awake a little before the alarm. So I'd got showered & dressed before DH got up.

He was ready earlier than expected & we were leaving our hotel room around 4.15am.

Went to the front desk to check out & there was nothing to pay which is always a good thing. I never like charging things to the room anyway!

Went out side & a taxi was actually dropping someone else off. So we jumped in. I'd asked before hand if it was a flat fare to JFK & He'd said it was.. $52 then tolls & tip so we gave him $70.

I noticed on the meter once he'd added the tolls when we stopped it was $58 something..

He wished us a nice flight & a Merry Christmas & we were on our way.

We got to the airport around 5am so was a little earlier than expected. They started to check us in around 5.15am, then it was through security.

I set the body scanner off & had to have my hands swabbed & pat down on the legs. Then we were on our way.

Mc Donald's breakfast. I had a bagel & DH had muffins & has browns..

Got some cookies for the flight & some Lindt chocolate to take home, DH also got a NY beanie..

Flight home was good. There was an American lady sat opposite me on the isle, she was crying as she was afraid of flying, I offered to hold her hand but she was ok, she was travelling for work & lived in Brooklyn. She thanked me when we landed. Which was nice.

We also had one of the same cabin crew from our flight home from New York last time, Matt.. He remembered us which was nice. There could have been another one, but he was in premium so didn't really speak to him. It's nice when they remember you from years ago!

So we enjoyed our time in New York, I'm glad we got to go & see the Christmas Tree all lit up, it really is magical.

Edited at 07:57 PM.
Bubble123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 15, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

What a lovely trip.
Thanks for sharing x

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 15, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lovely report, New York is fabulous but it looks even more magical in Winter. Thanks for sharing.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 15, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Thank you, I'm glad I did one it's nice to look back on too.
Old 26 Dec 15, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

That is definitely my kinda trip! I am planning to take dh to new york and Chicago for his 40th and planning on seeing the rockefeller tree.it looks beautiful. Is the ice skating timed or can you turn up and stay as long as you want?
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 15, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

We went to the Ice skating rink in Central park & had booked with Viator before we left, we just turned up & there's no time limit we were aware off..

We stayed a good while, the ice gets resurfaced & I think took about half hour so we sat & had a drink & went back on again.

It wasn't as busy as we'd expected being later in the day which was a good thing. That could've also been because it was a week day.

I think they must have a limit & if it gets busy I guess they just get to where they let one out, let one in..

Love going here though!
Old 26 Dec 15, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Great report, we are hoping to go next Christmas for my 40th!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 15, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Thank you! I love New York at Christmas time, it's wonderful. Hope you have a great time!
Old 3 Jan 16, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like you had an amazing trip. I love NY in December. We went 10-17 Dec and loved every second. Still missing it now!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great report...thanks for sharing...

On That very day..05/12/15, my DDs BF proposed to her in front of the Rockefeller tree...so a few hours after your picture was taken...it is also her birthday.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List