Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Jan 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Haha, the cherry one was the only one we didn't try too.

Great dinner at Nine Dragons - I think it is a true undiscovered gem at Epcot, we have had a couple of lovely meals there and it's pretty reasonable (for park food)
We really enjoyed it, I've booked it for the summer for lunch and plan to pay oop.
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsL
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Enjoying this very much. I hope your quest for a Jalapeño pretzel is a successful one
MrsL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsL View Post
Enjoying this very much. I hope your quest for a Jalapeño pretzel is a successful one
Thanks. I see you are at the French Quarter for your next trip. So are we. Have you been there before? It’s a new resort for us.
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Finally, I am here!

The Virgin plane food actually looks okay, I’d have eaten both of those dishes.

All of the food from the Contempo Café looks great, shrimp in a Caesar salad is a new one on me but it looks lovely.

I have your Christmas Day dress! It is much more flattering than you than it is on me.

I don’t usually like pop tarts but the Christmas one sounds nice.

Your saltimbocca at Mama Melrose looks delicious, but how could I go and not order that beautiful steak!? I think I’d try the cannoli next time.

The starter buffet at The Wave looks great. I would have been frustrated regarding the pacing of the courses too, I suppose because it was Christmas Day they just wanted to churn people out but doesn’t make for a relaxing dining experience. They shouldn’t expect you to leave your mains to go cold whilst you enjoy your starters. A real pity about the cheesecake too, they shouldn’t really be running out of things on Christmas Day. The mains do looks good though, as do the selection of desserts. I am so disappointed for you, it should have been such a special meal being your ‘Christmas Dinner’.

Your funnel cake looks delicious, it’s something I have never tried and always plan to!

I think we’ll definitely be doing Be Our Guest breakfast this year, you are right, it is great value as a QS credit.

Glad you managed to snag the Christmas mugs! I never saw the Halloween ones anywhere in September and I was a bit disappointed.

Your meals at Gasprilla Grill look much better than the sandwiches we had, I definitely regret not being more adventurous! The flatbread sounds especially nice.

Very cool that your server at Chefs de France works at DLP. I’d say their charcuterie is Disney’s best one. I think DH’s cod dish is new, it looks divine, yours looks lovely too though! All of the desserts look fabulous too, I am now really regretting missing our Chefs ADR last year, I am sure my mum would have loved it.

We’ll definitely be eating at WPE this year after a few years away, I think I’ll have to try the meatloaf, I don’t think it’s normally something I’d eat but it always looks so delicious.

The lamb chops at Be Our Guest look gorgeous, now I really regret not having those! I am glad you all enjoyed your meals.

Artist Point looks fantastic, I was so against the changes but I was so wrong. What did you think of Wilderness Lodge?

I don’t think that Teppan Edo is too badly priced OOP for the experience, you are right about the desserts being a bit blah!

Even as a teetotler those cocktails at the dessert party sound great, I’d have had to try all four! It looks like a fabulous event and would be a must-do for us if we were to visit at Christmas time.

I nearly fell off the sofa hearing you’d never been to Karamel Kuche before!

A really reasonable spend on your first OOP day, particularly as you had a TS meal.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really enjoying your report. We have several of these booked for May so really nice to see.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Finally, I am here!

The Virgin plane food actually looks okay, I’d have eaten both of those dishes.

All of the food from the Contempo Café looks great, shrimp in a Caesar salad is a new one on me but it looks lovely.

I have your Christmas Day dress! It is much more flattering than you than it is on me.

I don’t usually like pop tarts but the Christmas one sounds nice.

Your saltimbocca at Mama Melrose looks delicious, but how could I go and not order that beautiful steak!? I think I’d try the cannoli next time.

The starter buffet at The Wave looks great. I would have been frustrated regarding the pacing of the courses too, I suppose because it was Christmas Day they just wanted to churn people out but doesn’t make for a relaxing dining experience. They shouldn’t expect you to leave your mains to go cold whilst you enjoy your starters. A real pity about the cheesecake too, they shouldn’t really be running out of things on Christmas Day. The mains do looks good though, as do the selection of desserts. I am so disappointed for you, it should have been such a special meal being your ‘Christmas Dinner’.

Your funnel cake looks delicious, it’s something I have never tried and always plan to!

I think we’ll definitely be doing Be Our Guest breakfast this year, you are right, it is great value as a QS credit.

Glad you managed to snag the Christmas mugs! I never saw the Halloween ones anywhere in September and I was a bit disappointed.

Your meals at Gasprilla Grill look much better than the sandwiches we had, I definitely regret not being more adventurous! The flatbread sounds especially nice.

Very cool that your server at Chefs de France works at DLP. I’d say their charcuterie is Disney’s best one. I think DH’s cod dish is new, it looks divine, yours looks lovely too though! All of the desserts look fabulous too, I am now really regretting missing our Chefs ADR last year, I am sure my mum would have loved it.

We’ll definitely be eating at WPE this year after a few years away, I think I’ll have to try the meatloaf, I don’t think it’s normally something I’d eat but it always looks so delicious.

The lamb chops at Be Our Guest look gorgeous, now I really regret not having those! I am glad you all enjoyed your meals.

Artist Point looks fantastic, I was so against the changes but I was so wrong. What did you think of Wilderness Lodge?

I don’t think that Teppan Edo is too badly priced OOP for the experience, you are right about the desserts being a bit blah!

Even as a teetotler those cocktails at the dessert party sound great, I’d have had to try all four! It looks like a fabulous event and would be a must-do for us if we were to visit at Christmas time.

I nearly fell off the sofa hearing you’d never been to Karamel Kuche before!

A really reasonable spend on your first OOP day, particularly as you had a TS meal.
Hello you.

Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks for reading.

I'm sure you look lovely in the Christmas dress.

At Mama Melrose I never order the steak as I'm not a mac and cheese fan. The steak there has always been nice on the last few times we've been here, it's not like I'd let dh eat all his own meal without me sampling a bit. We've not booked Mama Melrose for next time as HBD got more votes...

I was disappointed in the Wave, I wanted to love it and really thought I would, maybe on a different night my experience would have been different.

How can you not have had funnel cake?

You should totally trynthe meatloaf at WPE, like you I wouldn't eat this at home but it is so good.

We had never been to Wilderness Lodge before and I really liked it, but with deluxe prices these days I'm not sure if we will ever manage a stay here but I'd certainly like to. 2021 is our 20th wedding anniversary so you never know although ds and dh will want to push the boat out with a stay at the Star Wars hotel.

I don't know how we've never been to Karamel Kuche, Kringla Bakery is another one we haven't done that is always on my list.
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Really enjoying your report. We have several of these booked for May so really nice to see.
Thanks for reading. Your trip will be here in no time.
Old 10 Jan 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Hello you.

Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks for reading.

I'm sure you look lovely in the Christmas dress.

At Mama Melrose I never order the steak as I'm not a mac and cheese fan. The steak there has always been nice on the last few times we've been here, it's not like I'd let dh eat all his own meal without me sampling a bit. We've not booked Mama Melrose for next time as HBD got more votes...

I was disappointed in the Wave, I wanted to love it and really thought I would, maybe on a different night my experience would have been different.

How can you not have had funnel cake?

You should totally trynthe meatloaf at WPE, like you I wouldn't eat this at home but it is so good.

We had never been to Wilderness Lodge before and I really liked it, but with deluxe prices these days I'm not sure if we will ever manage a stay here but I'd certainly like to. 2021 is our 20th wedding anniversary so you never know although ds and dh will want to push the boat out with a stay at the Star Wars hotel.

I don't know how we've never been to Karamel Kuche, Kringla Bakery is another one we haven't done that is always on my list.
I know what you mean about Deluxe prices, I was just looking at prices for a night at the Beach Club; £439 for one night! Five years ago we had 2 weeks at Pop for not far off that.

We have only been to Kringla once many years ago, I tried the School Bread and didn't like it, but I've always thought their QS sandwiches sounded nice.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I know what you mean about Deluxe prices, I was just looking at prices for a night at the Beach Club; £439 for one night! Five years ago we had 2 weeks at Pop for not far off that.

We have only been to Kringla once many years ago, I tried the School Bread and didn't like it, but I've always thought their QS sandwiches sounded nice.
Prices have gone mad.

Hoping to try school bread at some point. I always book ts meals in Epcot so always always miss out on all the snacks because I'm too full.
Old 10 Jan 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsL
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks. I see you are at the French Quarter for your next trip. So are we. Have you been there before? It’s a new resort for us.
Yes we went a couple of years ago. It’s our favourite Moderate because of the size and style... plus beignets 😂. I’m sure you will love it
MrsL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List