Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019

Hi everyone!

Here I go again with a PT report and a pretty short countdown to our trip. This time last week, we were convinced we would not be returning to Orlando again this year as we did 2 full weeks in April. I've spent the last few months pricing up various Spanish holidays for a bit of winter sun and we had pretty much decided on another visit to Tenerife.

That was until Wednesday last week when Universal released a HHN trailer and it was announced that 'Ghostbusters' was the newest house theme. Well in all my years with Aaron, (16 to be precise ) I have never seen him so excited, he was almost shaking.

Within 10 minutes we had priced up the flight & hotel, contacted Aaron's mom to see of she wanted to come with us (we would need to have someone stay with Edith while we did HHN and she has been begging us for years to take her) and pretty much decided that we would be booking. Woohoo! Can you believe that a HHN house could have such an impact? We quickly discussed Disney, deciding that we wouldn't purchase 14 day tickets. We would definitely do MNSSHP as a minimum & maybe look at some 2/3 day passes. We of course would be doing HHN and we might add a day at Seaworld as I think Edith would get a lot out of that & I really want to ride Mako!

Ill cover the cast before I move onto to what I have actually booked.

We have the main 3 who I'm sure most of you know by now,

Me - Abi, 33
Husband - Aaron, 33
Daughter - Edith, 1 (will turn 2 on the day we land back in the UK).

Here we are in Jan 18, Apr 18 & Apr 19 on our 3 trips so far.

In addition, we have Laura (age not be disclosed but it's somewhere between 53 & 55

Here she is with us back when we took her to NYC, LA & Vegas in 2017

There is a hint of Edith bump in that photo

Laura hasn't been very well at all for the last 18 months but has been slowly getting better since May. We are hoping this holiday can help her put the illness behind her and give her something to look forward to. She is a doting Nanny to Edith and very excited to be coming with us.

So, onto the actual trip. After securing Laura's ESTA and making sure the rest of ours were still valid, I booked our flights. I had a bit of trouble as I wanted to pay for a seat for Edith, even though she would only be 1 when we flew. I had to call up, go through all the details of upgrading an infant to a child's place an then we realised that she turned 2 the day we land back in the UK so I could have just booked online to start with as she was officially classed as a child anyway! Oh well, only about an hour wasted & it was all sorted.

Flights

We are flying with Tui from Manchester and the flights before we added baggage were £290 each. Bags were £70 for Laura and Aaron and £90 or me as I went for 25 kilos so I can share with Edith. We didn't (and won't) prebook seats so our total cost was £1390.00.

Hotel

For our hotel, we have booked the Blue Heron Beach Resort as we absolutely fell in love with the place when we went in April. Its super close to Disney Springs where we plan to psend a lot if time. The view from the balcony is stunning and the space you get compared to a hotel room is excellent. We have opted for a 2 bed apartment which has two separate bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and then a sofa bed & bunk beds which will be surplus.

We are so excited to have more time to relax here & use the pool. In April, Edith learnt to swim on her own (in a floatation suit) and was just in her element splashing around in here at dusk. We have the best memories of it.

Car Hire

I have also booked a car, a standard SUV with Alamo/brits at a cost of £280 which I though was a good price with the additional driver for free (we both take turns to drive).

Hopefully we will get a Ford Edge again

Tickets

I have booked through Orlando Attractions as they had the cheapest prices for what we were after.

We have booked MNSSHP @ £68 each and the buy one get one free HHN passes for £66 each. I'm hoping with 2 nights there we can cover all the houses although I might still buy the front of line passes to ensure we get them all done. Our friends Jon and Lisa are at Disney for the middle 8 days of our stay so they are going to come with us one of the nights which will be fab. if we do get any Disney tickets, I'm sure we will meet up with them there too and of course for a meal or two during their stay.

That's all for now. In the next couple of months I need to loose some weight, sort our MNSSHP costumes out and save some spending money. Ill add any updates as and when I book them.

Edited at 04:48 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Abi - I can’t believe you’re going again so soon! Well actually I can and I don’t blame you - go as much as you can before Edith starts school! Those flight prices are great.

We went last October and did MNSSHP but not the Horror Nights - the Ghostbusters addition sounds great, no wonder Aaron was keen. I’m looking forward to seeing your MNSSHP outfits x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hi Abi - I can’t believe you’re going again so soon! Well actually I can and I don’t blame you - go as much as you can before Edith starts school! Those flight prices are great.

We went last October and did MNSSHP but not the Horror Nights - the Ghostbusters addition sounds great, no wonder Aaron was keen. I’m looking forward to seeing your MNSSHP outfits x
I can;t quite believe it either, all our family think we are mad going so often but we love it and we work hard so why not?

It will be a different trip for sure now we are taking the MIL.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds fab Abi!

Ghostbusters is the HHN house I'm most looking forward to this trip too

Happy planning
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I'd be out there all the time if I could! The flight prices are amazing - have a wonderful time
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yay! A new trip report

Sounds fab - a babysitter on hand sounds like a plan!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
Sounds fab Abi!

Ghostbusters is the HHN house I'm most looking forward to this trip too

Happy planning
I'm looking forward to Stranger Things the most as we didn't get go last year. Ghostbusters is Aarons favourite but I am looking forward to it as well!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I'd be out there all the time if I could! The flight prices are amazing - have a wonderful time
I've been really lucky with flight prices recently. It'll be a shock when Edith goes to school & I have to look a paying £700+ each

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Yay! A new trip report

Sounds fab - a babysitter on hand sounds like a plan!
Doesn't it just Im trying to work out how many nights we can cash in on granny staying in with Edith without taking the mickey
Old 29 Jul 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

So exciting you are going back so soon! For those prices I don't blame you for snapping this up!

Excited to see the next installment of Edith's adventures in Orlando... and how lovely to have Nanny along for the ride this time!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
So exciting you are going back so soon! For those prices I don't blame you for snapping this up!

Excited to see the next installment of Edith's adventures in Orlando... and how lovely to have Nanny along for the ride this time!
Thanks for reading. Ill say hi if we spot you

It would be funny to introduce Edith & Charlie, I feel like they're Dibb twins
Old 29 Jul 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Thanks for reading. Ill say hi if we spot you

It would be funny to introduce Edith & Charlie, I feel like they're Dibb twins
I will keep my eyes peeled for you! Charlie and Edith together would be hilarious... a force to be reckoned with for sure!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List