Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Nov 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It will be the Christmas Market by then I think. We had to pre book for that and it was pricey plus parking. We went at a weekend and had a pre booked time. We were late and were told in no uncertain terms. Never having been before, we arrived before our slot, but the parking (in a quagmire) took ages, plus the time it took to walk from there to the entrance, then find a toilet etc meant we were past our time. Once in the house, it was far too crowded and we shuffled round the rooms - which were amazing by the way- but we simply couldn't see them properly or take our time. The market looked great, but again too crowded to get near any stalls, and all the food outlets were full. We couldn't get anything to eat, nor in Bakewell as we couldn't park. I'm afraid I wouldn't go back in the Christmas season. Maybe weekdays would be quieter, but I'd advise the OP to ask someone who has been on a weekday before committing.
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Weekdays are better, we never go at weekends but I’d recommend going early... and the heavy rain wouldn’t have helped plus it was the opening days of the market (it’s on for 3 weeks)... sorry you had such a bad experience, we usually go to the market but after they introduced park and ride (meaning we were parked close to the gates) and the prices were silly, we are giving it a miss this year...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List