Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 12, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Full Board at DLP?

Hi

DH and I were contemplating whether to do the Full Board that DLP now offer. Has anyone done this?

Also it says in the brochure that with the standard full board you get "a menu including main course, side order, dessert and one soft drink or water, redeemable in a large choice of counter service restaurants within the Park" but doesn't say at which counter service restuarnts you can use your voucher? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

it will be the counter service restaurants which used to be on the "all your meals for free" deal in previous years (its the same voucher system).

so, from what I remember, thats none of them in the Village, En Coulisse and Blockbuster Cafe in the Studios, and in the main park theres lots of choice, Bella Notte, Toad Hall, Hakuna Matata, Fuente del oro, Colonel Hathis, Chalet au Marionette. Basically any counter service restaurant in the park which offers meal deals.

it would be worth checking if you are actually going to save any money doing full board over just paying for what you like when you like in cash.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Sammy. I've never been to DLP when they did all your meals for free so the list is great and gives us some idea. When I've looked at counter service meals they seem to be in the region of 12/13 Euros so probably won't save a great deal; was just considering doing it from terms fo budgetting.
Old 18 Mar 12, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
CS meals can be substantial - you might want to share rather than have one each?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
CS meals can be substantial - you might want to share rather than have one each?
Thanks Gill. Might just put the price of one counter service meal a day in an envelope for us both.
Old 18 Mar 12, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I've just started my budgeting spreadsheet to work out how much to put on my FairFx card and planning for CS meals this trip, never bothered before, I thought about the full board option, but since we'll be shareholders (thanks to Sammykitten's suggestion) then we save more on our TS meals using that than buying the full board option. We are a greedy lot and I'm on low carb diet (so no pizza/no bread on burgers etc) so not sure if I can rely on sharing CS meals or if we should budget for 2 adults+2 kids CS per day (the 11mth old can pick from our meals).
Old 18 Mar 12, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stumpe
Serious Dibber

i wouldn't bother tbh, i would take some.bits from.breakfast and use these for lunch (i just returned last week and did this every day), this saved buying expensive lunches everyday as u can soon get feed up with chips / burger / pizza:-)

also as said i used a shareholders card for some lunches and dinners and eating in the beaver creak in sequiao lodge buffet saved me the cost of my 3 year olds.dinner €13, well worth the cost of buying the shares.

i saved around €200+ in using my share card + only using the room charge card for.everything when i could and then u only have one bill on a credit card, which again saves money.

hope this helps:-)

Lee

ps myself / wife / 3 year old / 6 month old family.never went hungry:-)

Edited at 11:44 PM.
stumpe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 12, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stumpe View Post
i wouldn't bother tbh, i would take some.bits from.breakfast and use these for lunch (i just returned last week and did this every day), this saved buying expensive lunches everyday as u can soon get feed up with chips / burger / pizza:-)

also as said i used a shareholders card for some lunches and dinners and eating in the beaver creak in sequiao lodge buffet saved me the cost of my 3 year olds.dinner €13, well worth the cost of buying the shares.

i saved around €200+ in using my share card + only using the room charge card for.everything when i could and then u only have one bill on a credit card, which again saves money.

hope this helps:-)

Lee

ps myself / wife / 3 year old / 6 month old family.never went hungry:-)
Lee, we've always done that in the past and never really had CS meals, but when we go in June (same time as Aliscrapper) the parks will be open extended hours and although you say you get fed up of burgers/pizza etc, I get fed up of ham & cheese rolls, so this trip I think CS meals are more of a necessity, besides they have salads too and I quite fancy the menu at Hakuna Matata/Fuente Del Oro, I will have a shareholders card, though that doesn't get discount on CS meals, but hoping to save at least as much as the shares cost us this trip alone.
Old 19 Mar 12, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stumpe
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
Lee, we've always done that in the past and never really had CS meals, but when we go in June (same time as Aliscrapper) the parks will be open extended hours and although you say you get fed up of burgers/pizza etc, I get fed up of ham & cheese rolls, so this trip I think CS meals are more of a necessity, besides they have salads too and I quite fancy the menu at Hakuna Matata/Fuente Del Oro, I will have a shareholders card, though that doesn't get discount on CS meals, but hoping to save at least as much as the shares cost us this trip alone.
yes must admit its a little of both tbh, fed up with rolls / crossiants by the end of the hols as for breakfast and lunch does get tedious ;-)

i can understand the need to budget things out or it can get very expensive, i know the wife did get a free salad with a pizza (think other was mgm in the main entrance building).

shares card is very good even on one trip amd on the 2nd trip it saves alot of money on buffet / table meals and gifts etc, its a shame theu dont accept it on cs meals as that would be another bonus of having the card :-)

lee
stumpe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 12, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread