Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 15, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hmmm interesting!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 15, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
darren2175
Excited about Disney

darren2175's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think this comes from the fact that the Royal Pacific is no longer in the top teir (premier) on their website. The Hard Rock and Portofino are in the top tier and the Royal Pacific is now in the middle tier along with the new Saphire Falls. The website still shows though that Royal Pacific gets the express pass and Saphire Falls will not, but this might be the first step in taking the Royal Pacific out of the express pass inclusion.

universalorlando/H...-Overview.aspx
darren2175 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 15, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPlanner73
Apprentice Imagineer

Thinking I had better book sooner rather than later!
Old 26 Aug 15, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by lolli31 View Post
Well I had a reply.
It didn't really answer the question but if all ready booked you're alright.
Here is what they said;

Aloha from the Islands,

We look forward to having you in 2016.

Currently all rooms booked with us will have Express Passes. There has not been any official announcement regarding this information.
Just what I would expect someone in their position to say. I would imagine they are far enough down the food chain not to know what Universal are planning in future, therefore they are stating the current position. People who have booked will get it. No evidence at all they are going to change their policy. No idea why they would want to change. Without the express pass their is no real reason to stay in one of the three hotels.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 15, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dan123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darren2175 View Post
I think this comes from the fact that the Royal Pacific is no longer in the top teir (premier) on their website. The Hard Rock and Portofino are in the top tier and the Royal Pacific is now in the middle tier along with the new Saphire Falls. The website still shows though that Royal Pacific gets the express pass and Saphire Falls will not, but this might be the first step in taking the Royal Pacific out of the express pass inclusion.

universalorlando/H...-Overview.aspx
I'm not a betting man, but I reckon you're bang on the money! The RPR is being clearly positioned in a different class from the Portofino and Hard Rock.

Dan
dan123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 15, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
johnscone
Gone all Goofy

johnscone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The Loews website is still advertising the FOLPs, be interesting to see what happens. Can't imagine a lot of people will stay there without the perk of the passes. Most people will either pay a bit more and get the top tier hotels or pay a bit less and get the lower tier surely?
johnscone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 15, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

I really hope not, we always stay in a suite at RPR and I wouldn't pay £1200 for 3 nights for no fast passes ! I'm currently waiting to book for easter 2017 as soon as it is available.

They have already removed early entry from the offsite partner hotels though, which makes sense because of the huge amount of new rooms at CB and SF.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 15, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPlanner73
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lolli31 View Post
Ive booked to stay overnight here on 30/5/2016, so I have just emailed them to ask.
Once I have a reply I will update.
Can you let me know please what email you used as I have just booked and would like confirmation that they will honour this.

Thanks
Old 26 Aug 15, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
dan123
Imagineer

Take a look at the benefits table;

Yes the RPR is showing Unlimited Express but look at it logically, surely each hotel in the same class will end up having the same benefits? We already know the new Sapphire Falls won't have Unlimited Express.

Of course they will honour those who book with the promised benefit, but, (and I know I said I wasn't a betting man!) I reckon this will will happen.

We did 2 separate nights a couple of weeks ago and we did notice that on some occasions the Express lines were pushing the limit as what could be considered as Express. Don't get me wrong, on the whole it was great, and much better than the regular lines but maybe they think there are too many with Passes. When the Express lines built they did move the line through quickly but this is to the detriment of those in the regular line who become even more bitter than usual.

So you then have those in the Express line not happy because their line is 10-15 minutes plus those in the regular line are also not happy as their wait is increased to get the express line down.

Remember they are now selling unlimited express online (they did used to be available to buy at the gate)they were $115 plus tax per person per day when we were there ie hugely profitable ... my point is, is that if people are paying that kind of money for unlimited express they will really expect express!

Maybe taking the RPR out of the equation will help them manage the lines back down and in the end make everyone's day a bit better.

Just my rambling thoughts!

Dan
dan123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 15, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPlanner73
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the above - I have now booked and will send an email asking for confirmation of what we should receive.