Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Aug 15, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Both my daughters like hot topic clothing, we go to alot of conventions at home and the same stuff costs a small fortune in the uk! However we had done 2 online orders and had them delivered to the hotel along with a few other bits! We were really disappointed with the shop, it was a bit of a jumble sale and although my girls both found a few bits there weren't half the stuff available as there was online. Dh got annoyed as we were in there an hour cause you couldn't really find things! I wish I'd known and I would of done a couple more orders! On the plus side almost everything was buy one get one half price and the tanks were buy one get one for $1. If there's things you really would like order online before you leave.
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Barnpops
Getting Excited

We visited the Florida mall one last week with 14 year old DD.

She says that it stocked a lot of band merchandise and anime merchandise (mostly shirts) but it was quite small and the website sold a lot more that wasn't available in store.

She ended up ordering some things online because they weren't in the shop. didnt really buy much in shop. Online were offering 30% off.

They were doing the backpack offer last week.
Old 29 Aug 15, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

I ordered a few bits to be delivered here to the UK to get a better idea of their sizes so that when we go next year I can do a big order online and have it delivered to the hotel or in store! I'll still go to the store to see if there's any other bits I can get
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
joyo17
Excited about Disney

joyo17's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We went to the store in Florida Mall last week. It was so packed we couldn't find anything & my DD11 came away very grumpy! A very different experience to our 2013 visit. If time had been on our side I would have ordered online & picked up instore.

The was another shop at Florida Mall that sold similar stuff called Spencers. It was virtually empty & had some great stuff. DD was having a great time, until we went round a corner & came face to face with an extensive display of sex toys! DD & I found it hilarious. OH & DS14 did not & dragged us out of the store!

Might be worth a look at the other merchandise though if you don't have any minors with you!
joyo17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by joyo17 View Post
We went to the store in Florida Mall last week. It was so packed we couldn't find anything & my DD11 came away very grumpy! A very different experience to our 2013 visit. If time had been on our side I would have ordered online & picked up instore.

The was another shop at Florida Mall that sold similar stuff called Spencers. It was virtually empty & had some great stuff. DD was having a great time, until we went round a corner & came face to face with an extensive display of sex toys! DD & I found it hilarious. OH & DS14 did not & dragged us out of the store!

Might be worth a look at the other merchandise though if you don't have any minors with you!
Lol 😁 we went in that shop too!
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by joyo17 View Post

How funny! No kids with us so may call in
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
debbiebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by aay_esha View Post
I ordered a few bits to be delivered here to the UK to get a better idea of their sizes so that when we go next year I can do a big order online and have it delivered to the hotel or in store! I'll still go to the store to see if there's any other bits I can get
Hi - how much did they charge for delivery to UK please?

Thanks xx
debbiebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by debbiebee View Post
Hi - how much did they charge for delivery to UK please?

Thanks xx
I ordered when they had an offer on so it cost me only a few dollars! However I was hit with quite a large customs bill when they arrived and it was a pain finding the place we had to go and pay to collect it!
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 15, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
My 15 yo dd loves forever21 good one in prime outlet international drive.
Old 31 Aug 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
debbiebee
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by aay_esha View Post
I ordered when they had an offer on so it cost me only a few dollars! However I was hit with quite a large customs bill when they arrived and it was a pain finding the place we had to go and pay to collect it!
thanks for the reply! Is the customs charge 20% of the order value? thanks xx
debbiebee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread