Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Disney ref from VH - are we being told porkies?

Morning all
I'm helping a friend and her family with their first trip to WDW which they booked through VH (onsite with DDP).

I have access to their MDE and yesterday, at 180 days, tried to book the first day restaurant plus 10 days. It would only give me access to the day prior to their arrival.

I called Disney and they asked for their reference number. I started to give them the confirmation shown on screen but they told me that was just for the accommodation.

A call to VH elicited that we had the correct number and no arguing that it was just for the accommodation got us anywhere. This morning, called again to speak to a different rep and was told it can take 24/48 hours for the reference to be received once they've asked for it.

What are your thoughts please? I am well versed in booking stuff for WDW, but we've never done it through VH. What a complete PITA they are!

Thanks all

Joa
Old 24 Apr 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
STM79
Getting Excited

I bought a package including free dining plan with VH (for this Oct). I just had to add my booking ref into MDE after a few weeks. It was all there - accommodation, tickets and qsdp. I was able to book up to 10 days dining with no problems at the 180 day mark.

How long ago did they book? It sometimes takes a while for the booking to be sent over to Disney.
STM79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by STM79 View Post
I bought a package including free dining plan with VH (for this Oct). I just had to add my booking ref into MDE after a few weeks. It was all there - accommodation, tickets and qsdp. I was able to book up to 10 days dining with no problems at the 180 day mark.

How long ago did they book? It sometimes takes a while for the booking to be sent over to Disney.
Thanks .. they booked ages ago, months.

I can see their accommodation, tickets and DDP, just wouldn't give me the ability to book at 180 + 10.
The reference you put in to MDE, did it start 17 by any chance? I've been told by Disney that's the number we need.

I booked some dining fro them over the phone, got the ref numbers, plugged them into their MDE and they show too now, just can't book dining online. :angry:

Edited at 11:21 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
STM79
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Thanks .. they booked ages ago, months.

I can see their accommodation and DDP, just wouldn't give me the ability to book at 180 + 10.
The reference you put in to MDE, did it start 17 by any chance? I've been told by Disney that's the number we need.
No it began with 4. It was just the package booking ref. Seems like a Disney/MDE problem.
STM79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by STM79 View Post
No it began with 4. It was just the package booking ref. Seems like a Disney/MDE problem.
Yes, I think so then as Disney told me that was the accommodation reference only.
I'll give their cust svc a call at 12.

Thanks
Old 24 Apr 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Not sure if this helps but posters having issues on the Restaurant forum too, some same they managed it on the app, other's the mainsite? Also that the booking period opens for ADR's at 11am? Could be a website issue rather than the number? Hope you get it sorted?
Old 24 Apr 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Have you tried again today? Maybe the timing was slightly off for the app and it would work on the site now as you are definitely within 180 days now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I just used my VH booking ref and it worked with no issues, I sense the thing about the number they have being for accommodation only rubbish as the booking number would be for the package, not things separate and to book 180+10 dining reservations, it's only accommodation needed anyway. I'm guessing it's issues with MDE
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
johnscone
Gone all Goofy

johnscone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I had the exact same problem. Tried to log in to MDE 180 days before for the ADR and it didnt recognise my Virgin Holidays confirmation number.

I sent VH a message on their Twitter account (good way to get a quick response by the way!) and they told me that they would send me another confirmation number 60 days before my holiday for me to book fast passes! I tried to explain that I need it now to book ADR and they didnt have a clue what I was on about.

I went into my local VH store and the rep knew straight away what the problem was and called up DIsney there and then to sort it out. Ten minutes later I was booking restaurants.

They can sort it out for you, just be persistent as it obviously depends who you are talking to!
johnscone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by johnscone View Post
I had the exact same problem. Tried to log in to MDE 180 days before for the ADR and it didnt recognise my Virgin Holidays confirmation number.

I sent VH a message on their Twitter account (good way to get a quick response by the way!) and they told me that they would send me another confirmation number 60 days before my holiday for me to book fast passes! I tried to explain that I need it now to book ADR and they didnt have a clue what I was on about.

I went into my local VH store and the rep knew straight away what the problem was and called up DIsney there and then to sort it out. Ten minutes later I was booking restaurants.

They can sort it out for you, just be persistent as it obviously depends who you are talking to!
This is really handy to know. We're only going next Summer but it's the first time we've booked with VH as we've always booked direct with Disney.

I spoke to them yesterday as only our accomodation is showing in MDE (I appreciate it could be too early to see tickets and dining but want to make sure it's all setup properly) but they told me I could only get the disney reference number 60 days before because disney only send them the ref number around that time?! I pointed out that I assumed I'd need it for my restaurant bookings way before then but she didn't seem to know anything about that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List