Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jul 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
That's a gorgeous dress... I'm sure by time you go away it will fit perfectly. X
Thanks Sam, I love it although the colour is a brave choice for me, I'm trying to go for brighter colours now I have shifted some fat 😂
I'm sure you will be pleased at group next week and at least you have stuck with it and not thrown in the towel! I had three and a half days off plan at the weekend but did a couple of SP days which really helped. xx
Old 13 Jul 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Gorgeous dress and gorgeous looking food as always! I'm on it tight, two games of netball last night and my butt muscle hurts this morning! Curry for tea that I made on Tuesday. Xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Roast chicken dinner tonight, oxo roasties rushed so not the best, tasty enough but not as crispy as usual... I didn't have yorkshires and stuffing like everyone else
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

End of week one. Why did i bother. Really didnt get into it and must admit came away from class last week a little down in the dumps...not because of my weight but found the class pretty boring and uninspiring. Wasnt introduced to the group, felt like it was a group confessional and was hoping for some inspirational meal ideas. So have decided it isnt for me and going to go back to good old fashioned calorie counting
Old 13 Jul 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bigkid39 View Post
End of week one. Why did i bother. Really didnt get into it and must admit came away from class last week a little down in the dumps...not because of my weight but found the class pretty boring and uninspiring. Wasnt introduced to the group, felt like it was a group confessional and was hoping for some inspirational meal ideas. So have decided it isnt for me and going to go back to good old fashioned calorie counting
That's a shame it didn't work out Sue , I've had people say before the group they go to isnt friendly or there's lots of clicks, our consultant us lovely sad she's turned our group around from a small group to near 100 members a week... she has to do it over two sessions back to back now. Because it's a friendly group there's lots of banter and ideas and suggestion... I think that's what's needed.
Good luck with the calorie counting, I've done that in the past and done well but I need motivation from a group nowadays.
Pop back though and let us know how you get on , and you might get some low calorie Neal ideas from dome of us guys
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bigkid39 View Post
So sorry you didn't get the support at your group. Years ago I did SW but in a different town and I had the same experience so didn't stay after getting weighed. This time, however the group couldn't be more different and although I joined with the intention of just getting weighed I've really been enjoying the group. There is a real camaraderie amongst the group and everyone has lots of tips and recipes and it is a lovely atmosphere. Is there another group near to you to try? A couple of ladies have switched to our group because of the reasons you gave. Also don't be so hard on yourself after the first week it can be a bit overwhelming and it took me 2-3 weeks to get to grips.

If however you still don't want to continue with SW please keep checking back here, the ladies are lovely and there is always tips and recipe ideas to try. Good luck.
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Weigh in yesterday, another half pound loss. I think I'm the tortoise from tortoise and the hare slow and steady wins the race.

I'm going to try and include some body magic, went for a 30 minute walk today so hoping to squeeze a few more in and see if that makes a difference.

I started off at a steady pace down past fields but soon speeded up when midges came out, couldn't wait to get home for a shower
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done on the loss Tilly!

I LOVE that dress CC71 I'm sure it going to look fabulous. I have a couple of Boden dresses I would like to fit into again.

Sorry it didn't work out for you bigkid, good luck with the calorie counting

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm posting this one tonight, because although it 'looks' the same, it's sweet potato pakoras not falafel 😂 8 syns for the whole box and they were really yummy and spicy, went great with the yoghurt and mint dressing

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
joyo17
Excited about Disney

joyo17's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hello Ladies!
How have I been on The DIBB for so long and only just found this thread! I got to target in November 2016 with a loss of 3st12 (& a half!). At the moment though I am 7lbs over target & I have lost my mojo! Just reading through a few of your pages has inspired me. I am off to Florida in just under 3 weeks & I really need to get back on it. Last time we went in 2015 I was 4st overweight & miserable. It was the holiday photos from that trip that prompted me to join SW. I hope to get back down to within my target range before I go & enjoy myself but not do too much damage while I'm away. Any tips for eating out would be gratefully received.
I hope everyone has a fabulous week. I'm now subscribing!
joyo17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread