Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Aug 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at AKL Easter 2016 and was simply wonderful. Such a grand hotel, never found it loud - perhaps in the restaurants maybe but the rest of it... not noisy at all. Pool area is large too, we spent a lot of time there and there is a really nice bar. The animals around too is obviously a huge draw.

I have seen the YC and it does look fabulous but I think I would prefer AKL.
Old 12 Aug 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Your YC price sounds about right for a standard room in low season to me, but still a good deal because those sell out really quickly. I was choosing between these for much the same reasons as you - the dining at AKL is brilliant, and AK is my favourite park. But I like the non-Disneyness of YC, especially after the remodel. We booked YC, paid slightly more than you but a garden room so was happy with the price.

Also I like being able to walk to Epcot/HS even though they're my least favourite parks (and I actively dislike HS) because I feel like at least I'm not wasting time on a bus to get somewhere that I'm not that bothered by. Funny how the mind works.
You are definitely thinking along same lines as us. We booked May 2017 for September 2018 so I guess that is early enough to get the deal, we got a garden - woods view room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Stayed at both and would pick yacht club every time, better hotel, location and pool
Old 12 Aug 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by eeyore65 View Post
Stayed at both and would pick yacht club every time, better hotel, location and pool
Snap AKL was a lovely hotel but Yacht club is a better experience far more grown up!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Go^uk
Earning My Ears

AKL is one of the best themed hotels, with an excellent club level. The food choices are also more interesting. We loved it a couple of years ago...

But, I love the Boardwalk area! We split our last trip between AKL and the Boardwalk Inn. Best of both worlds.

This time, we are only doing a week at Disney and settled on the Yacht Club. But, I keep looking the the AKL - a club room, savannah view is the same money as a normal room at the YC!

We will stick with the Yacht Club... tempting as AKL is. We have an ADR for Jiko and it's the Food and Wine Festival - can't wait!
Go^uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OP I think looking at your countdown you are booked during what will likely be food and wine (based on this years calendar). No way would I change for AK when I can just wander into the festival whenever I wanted to.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
OP I think looking at your countdown you are booked during what will likely be food and wine (based on this years calendar). No way would I change for AK when I can just wander into the festival whenever I wanted to.
Yes I think you are right, we arrive around 17th September or something. I have no idea what the food and wine festival is though.
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Yes I think you are right, we arrive around 17th September or something. I have no idea what the food and wine festival is though.
Lots of fabulous food booths selling food and gorgeous cocktails from countries across the world. Most food but not drink is a snack credit. Pop across to the Disney food blog website and you can see the menus of the 35 booths there this year. Believe me an Epcot resort during food and wine is worth its weight in gold.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It's fun . Loads of food and drink stalls set up around Epcot.

We are sat in Kidani lobby waiting for the coach home. .
We were at the Boardwalk for 11 nights and 3 nights here. This feels very out of the way and the buses have been slow and full. It's put us of staying here again.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List