Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

Galaxys Edge - interactions?

I seem to recall that one of the features of "Star Wars Land" was that your performance on the Millennium Falcon ride was going to create interactions throughout the land.

For the lucky off world visitors, has anyone experienced this yet?
Krushy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Think you may be talking about the interactive app you can download to play in that area?
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
No, one of the things that was rumoured was that if you crash the ship, CMs in other areas would know, and for example if you go to the Cantina and order a drink, the barman might say ‘Hey, aren’t you the guy who just crashed the ship?’
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
No, one of the things that was rumoured was that if you crash the ship, CMs in other areas would know, and for example if you go to the Cantina and order a drink, the barman might say ‘Hey, aren’t you the guy who just crashed the ship?’
How would they know? I’ve been on the ride in California, albeit at a private event so the process might be different for the public, but I can’t see how you could be identified elsewhere unless they are using some sophisticated facial recognition software, or other personalised technologies that I didn’t see.

There are some quite fun other interactions, such as storm troopers and other characters randomly stopping people and interrogating them. The land is done very well.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
How would they know? I’ve been on the ride in California, albeit at a private event so the process might be different for the public, but I can’t see how you could be identified elsewhere unless they are using some sophisticated facial recognition software, or other personalised technologies that I didn’t see.

There are some quite fun other interactions, such as storm troopers and other characters randomly stopping people and interrogating them. The land is done very well.
There is supposed to be a way to know somehow (I would say magic band but do Disneyland have those?). Maybe it is something planned for WDW through the magic band.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

I just discovered an early article which suggests that the full experience will not be available form "day one".
If these additional interactions are not yet embedded, this Land is going to just get better and better!

Edited at 06:58 AM.
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

The article suggests that:
Imagineering has repeatedly said your reputation as a heroic scoundrel, Resistance pilot or First Order loyalist will follow you around Black Spire Outpost. It will even stick with you during subsequent Galaxy’s Edge visits. You’ll have to opt in — presumably through the Disneyland app — to be eligible to have “persistent interaction” with the Star Wars characters throughout your Galaxy’s Edge experience.
Has anyone seen this opt in option available?
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Think you may be talking about the interactive app you can download to play in that area?
No thats not what I am recalling.
Although it seems they may be a requirement to "opt-in" to this new type of interaction via the app?