Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 7 - US/ IOA

Day 7 - Universal Studios/ IOA

We were planning to get to IoA for opening to try to get on Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure. We had heard some horror stories about getting on Hagrid's, the long queues and it not opening, but we were desperate to at least get on it once! We got up at 7 and got to the park for 8.30, it opened at 9 but it was already very busy.

We got let in just before 9 and directed through Suess landing. They had a separate queue for Hagrid's before WWOHP. The ride was late opening but we were directed through to the ride and by 9.20 we had put our stuff in the locker and entered the queue in the ride area. The time was showing 180 mins, I assumed that was the whole queue, not those in front of us.

The queuing area was cool, it took 50 mins to get on the ride. The ride was amazing ! We definitely wanted to try do it again.

After the ride we played with our interactive wand, it was a bit hit and miss. We went on forbidden journey using our express pass, this was great like normal. When we visited in 2015 the HP rides weren't on the express pass so we were excited when we discovered they were this time!

We got a pretzel from a cart and wandered around some shops before getting the Hogwarts Express to Diagon Ally. We went on Gringotts, I love this ride as well! We went in more shops and bought a Christmas decoration for $20.

The bus was amazing, the face was interacted and responded back to questions!

We went over to the Simpsons land and went on the ride, we got lunch at Krusty burger. The queue was huge but we really wanted lunch here so we waited. I ordered a clogger burger and Chris had the ribwich, we ordered one combo so we had a drink to share. This came to $34. We enjoyed our lunch then continued wandering around the park.

We stopped to watch the parade and went on rip ride rocket. We weren't impressed with this last time we visited, Chris liked it better than he remembered but I still found this hurt my neck.

We went back to the hotel, I went to the gym then we both went and relaxed by the pool.

We got changed and headed back to the parks just before 6, US was closed for the Halloween horror nights so we went to IoA. We went on the Hulk then wandered over to WWOHP. The new show - Nighttime lights at Hogwarts was starting tonight.

People were already waiting at 6.45 but we wanted something to eat so we wandered along and got some food at Mythos. I got chicken and fries and Chris got spicy chicken and fries. These were very good but took us a while to get it.

We were finished about 7.20 and went back to WWOHP. We got a spot but it was starting to get busy, we hadn't realised it was on 4 times so we left and decided to come back a bit later. We went and got a drink in the Hogs Head.

Chris had a Dragon scale and I had a white wine, this came to $20. When we were done we realised the queue for the 8.20 show was all down Hogsmede so we joined it. It was chaotic but we got to see the show and it was AMAZING! One of the best shows I've ever seen.

After the show we left the park and headed back to our hotel to go on bed as once again we were shattered!

My parents had enjoyed their day at EPCOT

Day 8 - Volcano Bay

Edited at 09:57 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List