Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 8 - Volcano Bay

Day 8 - Volcano Bay

We were off to Volcano Bay today, however as my parents had not managed to get onto Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure the other day we decided to head to IoA first. Having done it the day before, we decided to get to the gates earlier to try to get on faster. We met my parents about 8am and we were about third in the queue for the turnstiles.

My parents got a Lyft to Universal, they had used Lyft quite a bit when they realised how convinient it was and how much time it saved.

The gates opened about 8.50 and we power walked to Hagrid's.We put our stuff in the lockers and got into the queuing area, it was amazing- we walked straight onto the ride ! I went on the sidecar this time and Chris went on the motorbike. My parents were behind us and absolutely loved it too.

We were off by about 9.10, my dad wanted to try King Kong as he hadn't gone on it on Friday but my mum had raved how good it was. He was getting a bit more used to rides now! We walked through the queuing area and one of the staff jumped out at me, I screamed so loud ! The ride was a walk on and my dad loved it.

We headed out the park and got a bus from City Walk to volcano bay, much earlier than expected as we walked straight onto Hagrid's. A bus was already there so we got there by about 10.15, found some loungers under a covered area over the other side of the park than the entrance as a member of staff said it was a much quieter locker area. We got a family locker for the day for $16.

We headed straight for one of the multiple people ring rides, it was crazy and went really high up on the sides . I didn't take many pictures nor remember the names of the rides (sorry) as I didn't have my phone on me most of the day but we rode all the multiple people rides, the aqua coaster was one of the best.

We stopped for lunch about 12.30, I got a Hawaiian flatbread pizza and Chris had jerk shrimp mac and cheese, we shared a coke and it came to about $32. The food was so good and we were both pretty full after so we needed a go on the lazy river to let our food go down.

There was also a raging river which you wore the floating jackets in, this was so fun and we went round 4 times. I grazed my knee and my mum grazed her elbow the last time round!

Chris, Dad and I tried to go on one of the slides which has a drop at the end, but a storm started when we were near the front so all the slides closed. We went and laid on the loungers for a while then about 20 mins later they re opened so we went on it.

Chris had tapped into the trapdoor slide (using the tapu tapu that you get given). The rest of us were too scared to go down it. He said it was the craziest thing hes been on but he loved it! He said it just closed his eyes waiting for the floor to disappear.

My mum and I had been waiting for him and actually had spotted his swimming shorts when he went through the clear tube at the top! I had also got quite a few videos of random people beforehand .

We all went on the lazy river again, but Chris had lost a contact lense and had forgot to bring spares so we headed back to the hotel. It was 4.30 and the day had flown by!

We all went back to our hotel to shower and get changed. Once ready, we got a boat down to City Walk, just as we pulled in they announced they were closing the boats as there was lightning. It was raining a little so we headed straight to Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.

We weren't sure what we wanted as we all wanted a dessert but knew we wouldn't be able to manage a main and a dessert. My parents ended up getting a French onion soup each and Chris and I shared the totchos (which were actually huge)! We all absolutely loved our food. I then had the red velvet milkshake, my mum had the apple pie sundae and Chris and dad had the banana split sundae.

These were crazy, my shake was amazing and I managed to finish it but we were so full. This all came to $98 inc tip.

After - Chris seemed to eat the least!

City Walk looked pretty amazing

We walked back to our hotel, my parents had got a Lyft back from City Walk a few days earlier but said it was chaotic trying to find their car so we walked back to our hotel and they got a Lyft from outside our hotel.

We headed to our room uncomfortably full, Chris went out for a walk round the pool to try to help, then we went to bed.

Day 9 - more US/ IOA

Edited at 10:03 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List