Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Nov 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 12 - Magic Kingdom

Day 12 - Magic Kingdom

It was my parents second to last day so we were all heading to MK, I had booked them a night in All Star Sports as well for that night so we could head to Star Wars tomorrow for EMH tomorrow.

Chris and I had an ADR for be our guest breakfast at 7.40 so we got up at 6 and got ready. No buses were showing so we wandered over about 6.40, the bus took a while then was full by the second stop - we were so pleased we were the first stop. There had been four animal kingdom buses turn up before a Mk one came!

We got to MK by 7.20 and got some photos before checking into be our guest.

Gorgeous sunrise

We both ordered the open egg and bacon croissant, this was with bree and two poached eggs. We both ordered a bellini as it was included in our dining plan , we used two counter service credits. It would've been over $70 so definitely a good use of a counter service credit! They also give each table a plate of pastries, they gave us a box so we could take ours away.

We sat in the main dining room, I love the west wing but it was so dark! We got tea and coffee included too so went and got some coffee and our food turned up about 5 mins later. We really enjoyed the food and the surroundings couldn't get much better.

We finished then went to meet my parents but they text saying they thought they'd be late as the taxi was very slow turning up. We went and used our seven dwarfs FP as ours was a bit earlier than my parents.

When they got to MK they put their overnight bag into a large locker. They were a bit late for their seven dwarfs FP but it let them on anyway. We then went over to thunder mountain to use this FP, followed by queuing for splash mountain which was 20 mins.

We had a FP for space mountain then went to Phillarmagic as my parents hadn't seen it before. We stopped to eat the pastries from our breakfast.

My parents wanted to see the parade before they went and checked into the hotel, we had nearly 2 hours so we went on Pirates of the Caribbean and I then got us a FP for Buzz.

I think we were all a bit shocked by the camera , I also love a Buzz concentration face!

We stopped for a snack and mum and I shared one of the halloween cinnamon bun.

We walked over to Liberty square and watched the parade from there. We found a nice shaded spot with a pretty good view.

My parents enjoyed the parade and we headed out of the park, we got around ahead of the parade, we were glad we did as there was huge crowds leaving 5 mins after us.

I got a bus to All Star Sports with my parents as I wanted to see their resort. We had quite a wait for a bus, there were two buses to both music and movies Resort before the first sports turned up! Theme of the day!

I was very impressed with the resort actually, I know it is only a value (one night here was only half the price of a night at CSR). Check in was easy, they already had magic bands that they bought on our visit to disney springs so they made sure the room was linked to those, then we went to find the room. They were in block 1 so very close to the pool/ main reception but it was at the back of the building so it felt quiet.

The room seemed nice but I only popped in briefly. I got a Lyft back to my hotel, which was $5 inc tip which I thought was far easier than trying to navigate my way via a disney bus!

Chris had come back to the room, mouse keeping arrived just as I got back so we went for a wander, we were hungry so we shared a pizza, using one counter service credit. This was so good!

We had a look round the shop and then continued our wander around the hotel grounds. Chris went to the pool, while I relaxed with a book in the room as I didn't fancy more sun.

I just love this hotel

My parents had got us some presents to thank us for all the planning we had done for them.

We got ready and went back out at about 6.30, we had a while to wait for the bus. The app seemed a little unreliable for bus times as often it didn't show any so we tended to just keep an eye on the app but just wander over once ready.

We got back to MK at about 7.30, we stopped for some photos and I'd managed to get a FP for space mountain so we headed there.

After the ride we went to Cosmic Ray's for some food, I had the mickey burger, Chris had the chilli dog, my dad had the rotisserie chicken and my mum had the chicken burger. This was all really good. We shared two raspberry lemonade slushies.

We went and found a spot for the fireworks. We had loved the star wars firework the night before and wondered how an earth this show could top it. But disney of course proved us wrong, it was the best fireworks display we've ever seen.

I had bought us some ears off Ebay before we left - they were only about £4 for a pack of 5!

It was soooooo busy, despite the crowds it didn't feel too chaotic getting out. The queue for the monorail was insane, but it wasn't too bad for a bus. The queue for CSR was long, but the buses turned up one after the other and we got on the third bus. My parents managed to get straight onto a All Star Sports bus! We got back just after 10.

We headed to bed as we were up early the next morning .

Day 14 - HS, AK and Chef Mickey

Edited at 06:22 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List