Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Travel Day

Hi

Welcome to my trippe to our recent trip to WDW. After planning it for so long, I am extremely sad to be back . But it was the best holiday EVER!

My pre-trippie can be found here.

Chris and I started off celebrating on the Friday night, we had been planning this trip for 4 years so neither of us could believe it was finally here. We had both just turned 30 this summer so this holiday was an extra special trip!

Travel Day

We were flying with virgin at 10.10am so a taxi was picking us up just before 6. We were all packed, but half an hour before leaving I went to put something in one of the cases and couldn't open the lock! Cue 5.30am hacksawing, nothing like a bit of drama before leaving for the airport !

We got our taxi fine though. My parents were coming for part of the trip, flying out on the same flight. They were staying for two weeks, while we were there for three and we were planning to do some days in parks together.

My parents were driving up from the south coast and parking at the airport. We met my parents, dropped our bags off and went through security.

We went for breakfast at Comptoir, we ordered 3 coffees and a juice. Mum and I had the pancakes, Chris the Mexican eggs and my dad the full breakfast. This was good and came to £60 inc tip.

We were all very excited but in disbelief the day was finallly here!

We hung around and then boarded the plane about 9.15, we were sat in a 4 all together. We left about 10.30 and were on our way

My mum and I and our matching Toms

The flight was pretty uneventful, the food was good - you can't go wrong with mac and cheese!

Mum and I made the most of the g&t's. We landed slightly early at 2pm.

It took a while to get off and through immigration. Waiting for the bags was also painfully slow, Chris went off to pick up the car though which was good. We had booked an extra case as I'd given up trying to fit everything in 2 cases so we had 5 cases between 3 of us which was a bit difficult getting on and off the monorail.

We had a car for the first couple of days, Chris had managed to pick it up quickly so we left swiftly. The roads were very quiet so it took about 20 minutes to get to Hawthorn Inn and Suites in Lake Buena Vista.

Our room

We checked in and let my parents unpack - they were staying here for 2 weeks whereas we were just there for 2 days. We went for a wander to find some food and decided to go to Chili's. It was very warm!
We ordered some soft drinks, Chris and I both had a burger, my mum the chicken crispers and my dad a steak. The food was great and we were all very full afterwards.

We decided to head straight back as we were shattered, we stopped off to get Chris a beer to have in the room (he was driving so wanted to make up for missing out on drinks on the flight) and some water.

We got back and our AC in our room didn't seem to be working so they sent someone to fix it. A while later our room was nicely cooled and we relaxed with the TV. We turned it on and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 had not long started, it felt like it was meant to be so we watched some of it before falling asleep.

Day 1 - Shopping and Disney Springs

Edited at 10:22 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

A really good travel day apart from the incident with the lock. Glad you had a hacksaw handy. Food at the airport looks really good.
Old 6 Nov 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
A really good travel day apart from the incident with the lock. Glad you had a hacksaw handy. Food at the airport looks really good.
Thank you, yes very pleased we had a hacksaw
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Your travel day top made me laugh- love it! Glad all went smoothly after the hacksaw incident 😮
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List