Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Both aged 18, I was chatting on Xbox live to a friend when John popped up and asked me to play call of duty thinking I was my brother... We got chatting, then it turned to phone calls, then after 8 weeks we met at his midweek football game he played with my brother and a group of mates,

12 years later, we have a 6 year old son, our own home and recently engaged hoping to get married in April 2021 🥰

Edited at 09:44 PM.
louiseybobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Met my DW when she was going out with a friend of mine. Please dont judge until I've finished 😉

I had recently separated from a long term girlfriend and was in no mood to get involved again. Fast forward 12 months and they had separated and I had a few relationships behind me. Me and DW had always got along and bumped into each other on New Years Eve, she asked me out and I actually asked my mate if it was ok. He said no worries and we are still best friends to this day. I was his best man at his wedding and godfather to his son, he was my chief usher and godfather to my DS and DD. We are all great friends and even holiday together both at home and in Florida.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Met my husband when was 16. I was sort of hanging out with his brother, who I knew from school. My husband came home on leave from the army and we met at his house. Fast forward and we have been married 46 yrs. Have one amazing beautiful daughter, and my husband is really and truly my soul mate, and best friend.
My sister also married his brother, and been together 44 years, so one big happy family.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
I frist meet partner I 1980 I was on a wickes course and Maria was on Opex course mine was for 13 weeks Maria was for a year we where not together but just frends. I finished my course but Maria did not around 1983 i meet a frend who was on the same course as me he said that Maria was in a rehab centre in Stock .I got the address and started to write to her she whote back we did this for 6 months theni white to see if she wanted to go to southend for a few hours she said yes so I went and picked her up and we went to southend I found out about her background we had a nice time but when I left her she seemed down I called stock and it she world not talk to me the lady that ran the place said she was not well . I did not write again A few years later I was in Cromer and I was looking around and I saw her in a cafe with a lady I went in and spoke the lady asked who I was I told her and she said Maria had health problems I just said o dear I excused myself and about to leave and Maria said could I have my address I said yes of course and I gave her my address. A few weeks later on a Saturday I got a call and It was Maria she said Kevin do I know where Anglia square is I said yes so I went and meet her . We sat by the river and talked over the next 6 months I went and saw her at her place where she was staying every couple of days the couple that ran the place stopped this and said could only see her 3 times a week . I did not like this lol but never mind I understand why over the next 18 months Maria stated to come and stay with me over the weekend . The couple that ran the home did say it was ok after 18 months I asked if Maria can come and livd with me Maria wanted to and they said yes spin forward 25 years we still together i learned a lot about Maria and she about me Day to Day living hard for Maria but i do all I can .
What a lovely storey You two were obviously meant to be together. All the very best to you both.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I met DH when I was 15 and he was 19. We met at a party at "the dump". This was the housing provided for people who worked at the armaments dump. DH was a friend of my best friends brother.
We were completely inseparable from day 1 and have been ever since.
We got married in 1979 and had our DD in 1987.
We are still best friends and never run out of things to talk about.
Sadly DH now has MND and his condition is terminal. God knows what I'll do without him.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
I met DH when I was 15 and he was 19. We met at a party at "the dump". This was the housing provided for people who worked at the armaments dump. DH was a friend of my best friends brother.
Sadly DH now has MND and his condition is terminal. God knows what I'll do without him.
Bless you, and cherish all those years you have shared.

Memories, once made, are with you forever.

Disney332
Old 20 May 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
So sorry about your DH. Sending hugs to you.
Old 20 May 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

DH and I actually went to the same high school for 4yrs but we never knew each other. We're the same age but 1 month apart, his birthday is just before the scottish school cut off date and mine is right after so he was the year above me in school. My brother was in the same position as dh so he's 1yr older than me but was 2yrs above me in school (so the year above DH) - randomly dh and my brother both decided to return to education (college) at the same time to study the same course and became friends which is how we met aged 19. We started going out at 20 (after DH had got my brothers permission to ask me out ) got engaged and bought a house at 21, married at 22, DS1 arrived at 23, DS2 at 24 and then DD at 25 - we've now been together 18 years and married for 16 and are very much enjoying the time we have together during lockdown (he's furloughed and i'm WFH) going back to our previous schedule is the only thing we're not looking forward to about lockdown ending!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

I have just finished reading every story. Lovely, heart felt reading.

DH started work in the same hospital as me in 1994, he was 25 and I was 22. I was already working my 2 weeks notice as I had been transferred to another hospital. About a month later my old work place was having a night out that I was meant to go to but it fell on the same night as my Mums birthday and my sister and I were taking Mum out for dinner and drinks. We had arrived home about 9.30pm and my Mum was encouraging me to go on into town and meet my friends as it was still early and she was just going to bed as she was tired. So off i went to the pub and my best friend met me outside and told me that DH had been very disappointed that I wasn't there. I was so chuffed because I did think he was cute and quite fancied him. When I got into the bar, he was straight over and we talked the rest of the night and then started dating. Got our house and moved in together in 1997. Had our DS1 in 1998, DS2 in 2004 and we were married in 2010, just had our 10 year wedding anniversary but are together 26 years.
We have been through a lot together. Some very, very tough times that were hard to get through but also the most amazing and happy times have been with him. He is my love, my rock, my hero.

Edited at 03:49 AM.
Mental Minnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I was 18 when I met DH, he was 21, we met on induction when we both got jobs at Sainsbury’s. We got chatting on the course as it was over 3 days and we were the only young ones in the room, I somehow used my Sherlock skills to find him on Facebook as at that time he didn’t live in my town. We started dating about a month after that, he’d moved in with me at my parents after about 6 months because we were just inseparable and the rest is history. We’ve been together 9 years now, married for 2 and we got married in Florida.
To this day we’re still inseparable, we had to spend one week apart when I went to Cyprus for my sisters wedding a few months into our relationship and we decided we never wanted to be apart again after that.
He is my best friend, my soul mate, he keeps me grounded and sane and the absolute love of my life ♥️
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List