Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What do people think the likelihood of holidays going ahead this year are?

I know no one can see the future and tell us what the world may look like in a few months time, but what do people think the likelihood of holidays going ahead to Disney World are this year?

I am up and down on a hourly basis about our upcoming trip to Disney. If the borders are open and the USA moves into the amber or green stage at some point before we go then I would be happy to go on my trip even with Disney's restrictions in place. We are due to fly September 17th from LGW with BA, they have said so far all September flights are due to go ahead.

I know the likelihood of us going is so slim currently, back in April I thought there was a high chance of us going but now I think theres a 20% chance that we will be able to go. I know things can change so quickly with this virus and I have been very lucky that myself and my family have gotten through this unshaved as I know others haven't been so lucky.

I understand there are things going on in our world that are more important that my silly holiday to Disney World, but this has been something that myself and my boyfriend have been looking forward to for 15 months so far. We bought special Pandora magic bands to use for the trip, booked AKL and then lost the dining plan and had to move to a cheaper resort to save money, now to find out our resort isn't opening, we lost the dining plan, we can't park hop, we lost MNSSHP and more.

We have 11 weeks left until we go and at the moment the idea of this holiday is the only thing getting me through this lockdown. We have provisionally booked Anaheim for Feb half term and Disney World for the first 2 weeks of the summer holidays next year (I now work in a school so am restricted when I can go). This was my last 'cheap' holiday before having to pay non-term time prices! We were going to not only celebrate my birthday but to celebrate my boyfriends graduation so to lost this would be a shame

Excuse my mini rant! (Or feel free to rant with me)

Do you think these holidays are going to go ahead this year?

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashey
I want to go now!

Hi I'm due to go to the Ryder Cup and Vegas for my 60th birthday in September. I really can't see the trip going ahead. If the infection rate in Florida carrys on at the rate it is they will close everything down again. We were in Disney in March and actually in the parks on the last day and got the last flight of Orlando on the Monday evening with BA, during the day on Monday International Drive was like a ghost town, and the Airport heaving and car rental garage overflowing with returns
Ashey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think holidays to some destinations will happen later this year - possibly in the next few weeks.

Florida holidays will probably start up next spring but maybe BA/VA will commence their flights a bit earlier if they are allowed to.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashey
I want to go now!

Yes I would agree with that. Even if Disney is open all the time Trump has a travel ban to the USA nobody will be going.
Ashey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can’t see US holidays happening before the election. I do think other holidays will be possible to low risk countries - dependent upon no second waves.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’d stay positive if I was you, September 17th is my Birthday 🎂so it might be lucky for you & at least you have other holidays booked just incase 😉
Good luck xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

A few weeks ago, I might have said WDW holidays in the final quarter of this year, but I think it is starting to look unlikely. I think Europe holidays will start up soon but US probably not until next year now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Close neighbor to the US, Canada has extended the mandatory self isolation act.
Any traveler entering canada must self isolate for 14 days, with no contact with people at risk, and also prove they will be able to self isolate
this mandatory isolation rule has been extended to at least august 31st

It's not the US, but it's close enough, and they're a bit ahead of the US which also goes by a 14 days quarantine
there is little chance the US will reopen before canada does.

summer has "officially" been cancelled.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

zero by the looks.

but things can change quickly.
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh I really hope that the latter end of the year holidays will happen. We are due to go at the end of November for 2 weeks, and I am so hoping it goes ahead. I know everyone has to stay safe, and the virus is taking much longer to become under control than we all expected, but things are changing so quickly now that I am crossing fingers, toes, eyes, knees, and anything else I can cross without dislocating an organ!