Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a few of us are waiting for Aer Lingus. I wonder how much notice they give? 🤞 They do cancel them. I looked at changing the booking and future flight prices were very expensive.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Do you happen to know what constitutes a ‘significant change’ with Lufthansa?
3 to 4 hours difference on any flight schedule

your changes are more than significant

update on my situation : our return flight from TPA to FRA has been pushed from the 29th August to the 30th august (seems they consolidate flights by flying every other day)

this leads to the uncanny situation where our FRA-GVA flights takes off on the 30th august at 9am ... when we're only arriving at FRA (from TPA) on the 31st at 11am (26 hours after our connection flight is scheduled to depart ... )

expedia agent online did not understand where the problem was, before informing me their service was closing (6PM paris time) and wish me a nice evening ... then cut off.

sat there mouth gaping in front of my screen ...

back on the phone as soon as their lines open.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

We're due to fly with Aer Lingus too, mid August too! Such a pain to hear other airlines are cancelling and refunding their customers at the moment. Wish they'd hurry up and cancel our bookings! Wonder why they are so slow with this?

Sad day too for us as 2 family members were due to fly to Orlando today with Delta, still waiting for that refund...
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Yes these would be significant changes. I can’t see that a Lufthansa define significant changes, but as the flights aren’t even the same day ie changed by over 24 hours I doubt they will try to argue it is only a minor change. Most websites seem to say the rule of thumb is over 6 hours.
Yes, that was my worry, that Lufthansa’s T&Cs promise a refund in the event of a significant change, but then don’t define what a significant change is.

I thought that might be why the email was very clear that we only had two options - accept the change or pay more for an alternative flight. I’ve also seen that they’ve changed the flight numbers, so it’s actually a cancellation dressed up as a schedule change. I’ll call them and request a refund, then see what they say.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
3 to 4 hours difference on any flight schedule

your changes are more than significant

update on my situation : our return flight from TPA to FRA has been pushed from the 29th August to the 30th august (seems they consolidate flights by flying every other day)

this leads to the uncanny situation where our FRA-GVA flights takes off on the 30th august at 9am ... when we're only arriving at FRA (from TPA) on the 31st at 11am (26 hours after our connection flight is scheduled to depart ... )

expedia agent online did not understand where the problem was, before informing me their service was closing (6PM paris time) and wish me a nice evening ... then cut off.

sat there mouth gaping in front of my screen ...

back on the phone as soon as their lines open.
Wow. That is scarily bad customer service! Hope you can get some actual help from someone today.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

When I decided to book our BA flights for August/September via AA with an AA code share after last year finding that AA allow changes or cancellations with as little as a three hour delay, I had no idea what a good decision that would be as AA have allowed cancellations with credit for a while now and I was able to cancel and wait for our new dates to open up. We rebooked for May with a mix of BA and AA flights for Ł400 including bags and got a great deal on a cruise. We will have a couple of days pre cruise in the Keys ... and a week after still to be planned, probably Vero or Orlando depending on how things go .
Not planning anything more for now and not emotionally investing in any plans til nearer the time. If it happens, it happens.

Edited at 08:25 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Wow. That is scarily bad customer service! Hope you can get some actual help from someone today.
thanks

off the phone with expedia.
Both transatlantics have been cancelled, and LH still hasn't proposed an alternate route

Expedia rep on the phone told me I could seek a refund if the new flights were "significantly changed" and I would need to accept the change (whenever that would be offered is unknown) then claim for a refund if the schedule change was too significant ...

well ... I argued that, if I accepted the change ... then on what grounds could I claim for a refund ?

the rep eventually agreed with me, and as 2 flights were cancelled, he told me he would make the claim for a refund with the airline

I'm fully aware it's not the end of it ... but I *should* expect an email with the refund offer within 24hrs ...

from that point on, if I can be refunded (I mean in cash, not just expedia credits or LH vouchers, or whatever) it remains to be seen how long it will actually take for the money to hit the bank account (if it ever does)

fingers crossed this will not mess the file up even further
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I finally got a cancellation email yesterday afternoon. Refund requested this morning with just a 10 minute wait to speak to someone. Excellent service again from BA. I was told it could take over 6 weeks for the refund to be processed but going by other people's comments I don't expect it to take that long.

I hope everyone else gets their flights sorted soon and we can all start looking forward to the next trip.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Waiting on Aer Lingus 11th August , received an email to get a voucher but I want my money back as we aren’t planning on going to 2022 now and I would rather have the money in my bank account ! Our insurance have said they can process it for us 30 days before we travel so we are gonna go down that route I think ,rather than wait on the airline
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Yes, I'm waiting for our 26th August flights with Virgin Atlantic to be cancelled.

Although, even when they do get cancelled, I suspect I'll be waiting a long time before I get a refund.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List