Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I did think that if the situation is still dire in September I could cancel and lose my deposit (£300) get a refund of the other £2100 and just keep hold of all the funds and re-book last minute if things improve!
I’d rather do that than risk paying my balance and having to wait months for a refund to be honest.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

Due to be going in Sept, moved our trip from May so everything is paid for. I was also quite hopeful over the past few months but it's slowly dwindling away, think its highly unlikely that we will be able to go now! Everything is constantly changing so who knows!
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, just look at the news
FL has extended quarantine orders for Tri-state visitors until sept 5th
How likely will foreigner (us) be allowed to enter before every american is free to move about ? ... yeah, not a chance

now, Trump will use the situation in the ongoing showdown he has with EU (UK will not be treated differently) and that's part of his electoral "platform" so to speak.
So, reopening borders to us before election day (nov 3rd) is very unlikely
If Trump remains in office, there is little chance for him to speed up the process of reopening to US, there will be lengthy talks and negociations, for political and economical interests.
it Trump does not remain in office, Inauguration day is on Jan 20th. That's the date when he'll leave the office. here again, there is little chance that Trump will reopen borders to us, as it would be a sign a weakness he doesn't want to be remembered by

so, it's quite reasonable to consider that, we'll probably won't be able to enter the USA until, at least, early next year.

I may be wrong, I hope am I. But I really don't see how things could turn out otherwise (I mean, faster repoening)

Edited at 11:08 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well, just look at the news
FL has extended quarantine orders for Tri-state visitors until sept 5th
How likely will foreigner (us) be allowed to enter before every american is free to move about ? ... yeah, not a chance

now, Trump will use the situation in the ongoing showdown he has with EU (UK will not be treated differently) and that's part of his electoral "platform" so to speak.
So, reopening borders to us before election day (nov 3rd) is very unlikely
If Trump remains in office, there is little chance for him to speed up the process of reopening to US, there will be lengthy talks and negociations, for political and economical interests.
it Trump does not remain in office, Inauguration day is on Jan 20th. That's the date when he'll leave the office. here again, there is little chance that Trump will reopen borders to us, as it would be a sign a weakness he doesn't want to be remembered by

so, it's quite reasonable to consider that, we'll probably won't be able to enter the USA until, at least, early next year.

I may be wrong, I hope am I. But I really don't see how things could turn out otherwise (I mean, faster repoening)

I think you may well have hit the nail firmly on the head.

Our English friends are supposed to visit with us for the holidays and I see no chance of them actually being allowed to visit.

Not only that we are fully expecting fall to be worse with a resurgence of cases which doubly makes it unlikely sadly.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Due to go November 2020 and also don’t see Trump opening the borders to us before the election. Just my hunch though and I hope I’m wrong as I’m desperate to go! We are only doing Universal and New York so no Disney!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Booked for Disney in October - was hopeful but not now! The fact that BA have now offered me the voucher makes me think they know its not happening - I don’t think the borders will be open and the more I think about it, the less I want to go with all the restrictions!
Mask for a train journey today was bad enough. Let alone all day in Disney. Think I’m gonna take a chance for next year!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chewee
Very Serious Dibber

Wazowskiscar, When did BA offer you a voucher i am due to go Sep 4th and at the moment i havent had any news of it being cancelled.

Edited at 06:46 PM.
chewee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

One word answer

Nope😥
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by chewee View Post
Wazowskiscar, When did BA offer you a voucher i am due to go Sep 4th and at the moment i havent had any news of it being cancelled.
I had an email today. Someone who has the same one has copied it onto another thread - it basically says your trip to Disney is bound by lots of restrictions and in light of this I can now claim a voucher to the full value of my trip.

I’m rather surprised you havnt had the same one! I expect it’s coming as you’re way before me...
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm still booked for October 2nd, hopeful it will go ahead!