Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Sep 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Great to hear the views from Dibbers - Thank you and keep them coming.
Looks like Delta Airlines could be a winner price wise at the moment with their Economy Delight rates so April could be a goer... assuming “it” has gone away by then. (Not referring to Trump by the way! )
Would you believe that I still check the Visitor Toll Pass site every day

Still suspended.

I recall exchanging loads of posts with you last year about car hire and toll schemes etc.

Mick

Edited at 09:00 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Great to hear the views from Dibbers - Thank you and keep them coming.
Looks like Delta Airlines could be a winner price wise at the moment with their Economy Delight rates so April could be a goer... assuming “it” has gone away by then. (Not referring to Trump by the way! )
What are your plans, driving around? Take a look at BA with a flight & car, all airports.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Would you believe that I still check the Visitor Toll Pass site every day

Still suspended.

I recall exchanging loads of posts last year about car hire and toll schemes etc.

Mick
Indeed there were many posts, and I do hope the Visitor Toll Pass returns it is a great system. Checking will become part of my daily routine nearer the time
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Indeed there were many posts, and I do hope the Visitor Toll Pass returns it is a great system. Checking will become part of my daily routine nearer the time
Our "nearer the time" is early November but we're seriously thinking glass half empty now.

Along with thousands of others we lost last April and next April we're into TPA so no VTP for us then anyway. No tolls between TPA and Highgate so no real problem.

Mick
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
What are your plans, driving around? Take a look at BA with a flight & car, all airports.
Hi Stevelovesfl, yes we will be hiring a villa and going out and about. We've Disney'd many times before so we tend to take in the non-tourist stuff as much as possible.

I will admit the BA fly drive prices were looking good, but I stumbled across some cracking prices with Delta plus I like having the choice at Alamo (like a kid in a sweet shop!). There is also the great service from Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire so over all we get what we want at sensible prices, or prices that we are happy with.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Our "nearer the time" is early November but we're seriously thinking glass half empty now.

Along with thousands of others we lost last April and next April we're into TPA so no VTP for us then anyway. No tolls between TPA and Highgate so no real problem.

Mick
Mick,

We were due to go in November (and Boston in October and NYC in December) but we've bailed out of all of them (BA have cancelled the Boston and NYC - they were both flight and hotel packages) November was flight only. So we have decided to go for an April Orlando session - its gotta be all sorted by then surely!
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Mick,

We were due to go in November (and Boston in October and NYC in December) but we've bailed out of all of them (BA have cancelled the Boston and NYC - they were both flight and hotel packages) November was flight only. So we have decided to go for an April Orlando session - its gotta be all sorted by then surely!
Being totally selfish the worse thing for us is that POTUS opens the borders for early November, BA resume flights but the FCO don't lift the USA advisory. If they don't then we would be uninsured for any medical issues over there and absolutely no way would we travel.

As you say though surely there has to be some light at the end of the Covid tunnel by next spring.

We moved our April 2020 DFCH booking to November but now think we may have to move again to next April. Thank goodness for Andy's excellent customer service.

Mick
Old 10 Sep 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Being totally selfish the worse thing for us is that POTUS opens the borders for early November, BA resume flights but the FCO don't lift the USA advisory. If they don't then we would be uninsured for any medical issues over there and absolutely no way would we travel.

As you say though surely there has to be some light at the end of the Covid tunnel by next spring.

We moved our April 2020 DFCH booking to November but now think we may have to move again to next April. Thank goodness for Andy's excellent customer service.

Mick
Agree 110% - especially regarding DFCH.
Old 11 Sep 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Most of our trips have been late April/May, other trips in June, August, September and October and we much prefer April/May as for us the weather is better. The only proviso is to avoid Easter and the last weekend of May, which is Memorial Day weekend.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List