Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thank you all for your input! Lots of food for thought! I sat down yesterday and worked out what we would want to do etc, flights are reasonably priced for next summer (using as a guide for 22 but obv could be well out!) but the accommodation is so expensive 😬 The battle we have is with a 16 year old girl and 14 year old boy, we need a bit of extra space and anywhere with extra space is mega bucks! There are w few lively houses to rent in Anaheim in good areas but 4 nights there could get us 2 weeks in a 4 bed villa in Florida, which is why my dh is very much against California, he doesn’t want us all in one room for 18 days...the budget has to end somewhere 🤷🏻 Plenty of time to think and great to get others opinions. I want to go everywhere, but don’t have unlimited funds lol
We had this issue last summer when we did our California road trip. DS was 19 and DD 17 So we needed two bedroom apartments or two separate hotel rooms - it was pricey! As your kids are younger though they wouldn’t be able to have their own hotel room and two bedroom suites/apartments are mostly double the price. Ours was a last blow out holiday with the kids, my son said it would be his last holiday with us and DD now looking at travelling with friends when the situation allows. It was good to go out with a bang though! Next time it will be just the 2 of us so much cheaper than last year.
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have driven Florida from Daytona down to Key West and back up as far as the Alabama Border. There are some fabulous beaches all the way round and I would recommend the Florida Coast to anybody, particularly the Pensacola/Destin part.

I have driven from San Francisco to San Diego. There are obviously other attractions within easy reach such as Yosemite, Las Vegas, Solvang etc etc. For me, San Diego is the jewel in the Crown!

For me, it is California every time. If you are not bothered about theme parks (and California has plenty), then it is an even easier decision.

I believe that whilst many British people cut their teeth on Orlando and indeed many become ‘comfortable with the familiarity of it, others find later that this it can simply be an introduction to greater things. That is certainly what happened to us. We are now up to 22 States visited.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think we have decided that when we do it, we will do it in 2 trips. I don’t want to rush things! So we are considering a Vegas/Grand Canyon/LA/Disneyland/San Diego trip and then do San Francisco/PCH/Yosemite on another trip.

It’s so hard to decide, I keep thinking that we know we live Florida, and it will always be there, but I want to have some adventures with the kids while they are still young enough to want to come with us and approciate it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I think we have decided that when we do it, we will do it in 2 trips. I don’t want to rush things! So we are considering a Vegas/Grand Canyon/LA/Disneyland/San Diego trip and then do San Francisco/PCH/Yosemite on another trip.

It’s so hard to decide, I keep thinking that we know we live Florida, and it will always be there, but I want to have some adventures with the kids while they are still young enough to want to come with us and approciate it!
I think that’s a good idea

We were convinced when we first went to California it would never measure up to the fun we had in Florida - and we were so wrong! First world reflection for sure but I wished I’d tried it earlier.
Old 20 Sep 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I prefer the West Coast as San Diego & San Francisco are my favourite places but now I’m older the jet lag coming back made me ill when we last went in 2016. I can just about cope with the 5 hour difference to Florida.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List