Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Sep 11, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Go^uk
Earning My Ears

Christmas market

Around ten years ago, i went to dlrp at Christmas.

There was a great christmas market in the village (possibly Russian in theme?) with various craft stalls and food... mmm chocolate dipped strawberries and hot chocolate...

Cant find much mention of this happening.. A few pictures of 'huts' but not much else... Is the christmas market planned for this year? Is it as good as my memory thinks it was!?!

G.
Go^uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 11, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Bells' Christmas Village will take over part of Fantasyland as always - a great favourite and so unique to DLP...

It has various fair - including mulled wine and yes, delicious candies.

There has also been a bit of a European style Christmas market along Disney Village way back - but to my knowledge hasn't been there for a few years.

Old 3 Sep 11, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Go^uk
Earning My Ears

That a pity about the village market... Its actually beginning to sadden me that a lot of the christmas elements appear to have gone.. No christmas market, no fireworks, perhaps no parade this year...

I am sure we will have a great time - but i do worry that some of the magic may have been lost.
Go^uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 11, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
No - I disagree.

DLP have only had seasonal fireworks for a number of years now - as a result of local complaints about noise.

But all the festivities of Christmas are still there, and it is a truly magical place at that time of year.

It is still their busiest season...

Old 4 Sep 11, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Oh that video brought tears to my eyes!
Old 4 Sep 11, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

thanks for that video...im soo excited going in november never been this time of year...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 11, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

gingerbread house company

Originally Posted by Go^uk View Post
Around ten years ago, i went to dlrp at Christmas.

There was a great christmas market in the village (possibly Russian in theme?) with various craft stalls and food... mmm chocolate dipped strawberries and hot chocolate...

Cant find much mention of this happening.. A few pictures of 'huts' but not much else... Is the christmas market planned for this year? Is it as good as my memory thinks it was!?!

G.
I'm a trader at the christmas market at the village there hasn't been a market there last year or this year due to the building of the world of disney store think its ok for next year I wanted to trade there this year
as my family really enjoy working there and are very disappointed it's not going ahead
Old 26 Nov 11, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

It looks so good, so excited to spend xmas there now.
Old 26 Nov 11, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
frankb
Getting Excited

There is a big Christmas Market on right now with loads of stalls either side of the Champs Elysie (the bottom bit with the grass verges).
frankb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 11, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
rashelly
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Got back early hours of this morning. There were a few wooden huts in the village - 3 I think. One of them sold roasted chestnuts and another lots of sweets and candies. Didn't really look at them in detail though, sorry!