Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicole_rourke
Trying for More Ears

Mobile virgin PE

Hi,

Just booked PE for our flight in September going to Florida. We have been told we won't know where our seats are until check-in though. Please has anyone ever had this experience and can advise what will happen. We are 2adults and 2chicldren. We want to sit together and would be devestated if we got split up x
Nicole_rourke is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fredie
Getting to know the DIBB

you should be able to book your seats don't see why they have said this. have you tried logging in and picking your seats ?
fredie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to advise if virgin block out seats for check ins but have you checked the seat plan on the Virgin Atlantic website? If you do a dummy booking you can see available seats if you can’t on your online booking account
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicole_rourke
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by fredie View Post
you should be able to book your seats don't see why they have said this. have you tried logging in and picking your seats ?
Yeah there's none available and they said it's because we fly so soon. September 10th. I'm thinking maybe the bulk seats? Just really worried incase we get split up
Nicole_rourke is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicole_rourke
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
Someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to advise if virgin block out seats for check ins but have you checked the seat plan on the Virgin Atlantic website? If you do a dummy booking you can see available seats if you can’t on your online booking account
Yes I have and it just shows 1 seat left. The guy said there was 5 and they release more at check in. Going into the booking there's now only 1 left but it doesn't say any are mine x
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Sorry, but there are consequences to booking late. You may be split up. They hold back 8 PE seats downstairs and 2 upstairs for allocation at check in.
But babies/disabled take priority

Edit. However PE is lovely and I am sure you will love it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:09 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

We have this for our trip in November. The middle three seats in rows 14 and 15 (D, F and G) on the A330 are blocked out. I found this out when I called VA to complain at not being able to select my seats. I did point out to them that they sell this as a benefit. My complaint fell on deaf ears.

There are four of us so should be ok for seating together.
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Are your children under 12? If so they will make sure one of you is sat by them but not necessarily be able to get the 4 of you together and if they are older than 12 is also not guaranteed
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicole_rourke
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi yes they both are under 12 ☺️
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Virgin do block out seats for check in

I went with my family (4 of us) in March. We selected our seats online (2 and 2) because the whole area was showing 'taken'. Yet when we got to check in, the lady said to us "I can give you 4 in the middle if you like?" and we explained that we had looked online but there was nothing free. She did a creepy little wink and said "I can move it around if you like?"

We politely declined because I suspected they were willing to move 4 people about who had already rebooked just to accommodate us. And that is one of my biggest fears for my solo flight to WDW in November (that they will move me to accommodate a family)