Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Nov 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 4 - Disney Cruise, Sea Day

Day 4 - Sea Day

We were meant to be at Castaway Cay today but they had switched our itinerary so we now had a sea day.

We both slept so well and woke up when our alarm went off at 8. We had a princess meet at 9 so got up and went for an a la carte breakfast in Royal Palace.

I had eggs Benedict and a omlete and Chris just had an omelette.

It was very good but slow so we were a bit late to the princess meet, fortunately it was fine.

We then had our Frozen meet straight after.

I'd been a bit late logging on to do the cruise bookings so could only get us two different times for the frozen booking as there was only 1 space in each. When we got on the ship though we asked and they had space for frozen and princess meets, so definitely worth checking.

We'd met Tiana a few nights before and she commented on my dress and she remembered, even asked whether she complemented my dress when she had met me a few days before.

We just loved exploring the ship so much

We spent some time relaxing by the pool in the adults only bit, it was so lovely looking out at sea. I managed to find us some shade, it was very hot so we were fine with loungers underneath in the shade! I tried the cocktail of the day and we went for lunch about 1.

Yummy chocolate brownie

We got ready early as we had a martini tasting booked for 4.
Lovely surprise when we got back to our room

The martini tasting was good and we learnt loads about martinis. The martinis seemed so strong though and we got 5 different ones, so we felt pretty tipsy after.

We popped to the shops, as they aren't open when in port we had kept missing them. I got a pandora charm to add to my Disney collection which was $75, it's a cruise exclusive.

We saw the John Cassidy magic show, it was good fun and different from the other shows.

After the show we went to see the pirate party on deck. There was an amazing violinist in the main lobby which we listened to while getting some photos.

We were in Royal Palace again for dinner, we both had the samosas to start, but Chris also had the crab cake. I had the jerk chicken and Chris had the grouper fillet. I was disappointed by the dessert menu as the banana cake which I would have liked had nuts in it, so I just went for a mickey bar. Chris had the rum cake.

After dinner we went and got a photo with pirate mickey before going up to wait for the fireworks. I had gone and got changed before our photo as thought I might get chilly watching the fireworks.

We waited up on deck, about 2 mins before the fireworks it absolutely poured it down! It was amusing watching people leg it, we stayed and the fireworks went ahead and they were great.

After the fireworks we were shattered, especially as we had started drinking so early! We decided to head back and go to bed.

My parents had had fun at Animal Kingdom

Day 5 - Castaway Cay

Edited at 07:03 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List