Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Nov 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 14 - EPCOT

Day 14 - EPCOT

We had a slightly later start today compared to some of the other days and got a bus to EPCOT about 8.30, getting there just before opening.

We went straight to Frozen Ever After, we both really enjoyed this. We stopped for some school bread as I really wanted to know what everyone raved about!

We went and used our Test Track FP. We both love this ride but only managed to get on it once on our previous visit.

We used our mission space FP, opting for green. I've never done orange but green makes me feel queasy so you wouldn't get me on orange!
We waited to meet Baymax, this was a great meet. Chris had an operation on his knee in May so I had got him a Baymax badge off etsy which say "I am not fast". Baymax liked it!

We were going to see if we could go on Soarin but the queue said 75 mins so we didn't bother. We stopped for a coffee before we went into the World showcase.

We went to Mexico to get some margaritas. I had the blood orange one and Chris had the wild one. This was $32.

We were planning to do drinking around the world, well maybe not fully but definitely wanted a few drinks. The drinks were so good, we wandered round enjoying our drink then checked in for our lunch reservation at Tepan Edo.

Chris had a Asahi and I had a Nigori Mimos which included sake - these therefore counted as our Japanese drinks .

Chris had the shrimp and beef and I had the chicken and beef. We loved this restaurant, the food was amazing and so fresh. We were quite full but had the mango and green tea mousse cake, they were nice but we couldn't finish them.

We were sat with a family they didn't talk to us, but we didn't mind. We used two table credits for this, I would definitely return to eat here.

After we finished we walked down to the other end of the world pavilion. We had already accepted we were not going to make it around the world as we were tipsy after two . I also really wasn't bothered about drinking in Canada or UK so we went and got the orange slushie from France.

These were so good but very strong! The food and wine festival was on so there was even more drinks to choose from. We stopped at Brazilian stand, we decided it was a good idea to share a drink so got a ciparina, this was very good.

We wandered around China for a while as we needed a break from drinking, we sat down and enjoyed an ice water.

We skipped a few pavilions and stopped at Italy, Chris got a glass of wine and I got an Italian margarita.

We found some shade to sit and enjoy our drinks. The last stop we made for the day was the African trading post where we shared a wine flight.

We had been surprised by how busy EPCOT had been. I'd been using touring plans and it estimated EPCOT to be a 4/10 on the busy day guide. I would hate to think what a 7 or 8 would be. It was a Saturday though so there was a lot of groups who seemed to be there for birthdays or stag/ hen do's.

We had had quite a long day and drank a fair bit so headed home about 5.30pm. We got a bus back and got back to the hotel about 6. I had been having problems with my magic band as it had now fallen off 5-6 times, one of the holes seemed too big which meant it wouldn't stay clipped, in EPCOT they gave me an elastic band to keep it on but told me to speak to reception.

They were really good and gave me a voucher so I could get another magic band, our hotel shop only had the same one and a toy story one so I decided to wait and get one the next day.

We went down to the little pool in casitas, we went for a dip but it was quite chilly so didn't stay down there for too long. We got changed and went over to El Mercado, we weren't massively hungry so we shared some nachos and a honey bun from cafe rix.

We found a model of the Disney Dream in our hotel, we love this ship!

We went for a wander around the hotel in the dark then headed back for the room. We found one of the channels playing disney movies so we watched beauty and the beast and a bit of lion king before going to bed.

Day 15 - HS and Disney Springs

Edited at 12:40 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List