Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Nov 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L WDW and Disney Cruise Trip Sept 2019 - Day 16 - HS, MK and Ohana

Day 16 - HS, MK and Ohana

We got up at 7 and I walked over to cafe rix and got two pastries - cinnamon bun and a Danish pastry, for breakfast using 2 snack credits.

We got ready, ate our breakfast then got a bus to HS about 7.50.

We had originally planned to do an early galaxy edge start again today but as we had done it twice and as Chris had already managed to be pilot twice on the ride, we weren't worried about doing it early again. We got there about 8.10, there was already quite a queue for opening at 9 but we headed straight in as there was EMH. We went on rock n rollercoaster, then went to get some photos in toy story land as I'd forgotten my toy story ears the other day.

We walked to galaxy edge and got two diet cokes on snack credit (one for my star wars mad boss).

We walked back round and used our tower of terror FP, then power walked to make the 9.30 little mermaid show. This was great.

We waited for 10 mins for the Mike and Sulley meet which opened at 10 and got a photo, it was surprisingly busy so took a while.

Chris was wearing his Hulk Vans, Mike liked that he also had green toes!

Chris wanted to spend time wandering around galaxy edge so he could properly explore the shops, he would rather do this without me , so I left him to it. Here are some photos from his wander. He also stopped for a pizza for lunch and some blue milk.

Rather than going back to the hotel I decided to go to EPCOT for some lunch, I noticed a sign saying walkway to EPCOT to decided to walk. It was a lovely walk, it took about 20 mins via the board walk and brought you in the EPCOT entrance by France. It was pretty hot though!

The world showcase was just opening so I took a stroll around. I already knew I wanted to try the orange chicken. Chris wouldn't like this so it was the perfect opportunity to try it! It was amazing and I also tries the plum wine which was very sweet but nice, I used one counter service credit.

I carried on wandering round, looking in the shops before getting a bus back to CSR.

I went back to the room and relaxed, Chris had fun exploring HS.

He got back about 2, we had only used 1 FP I managed to book two for MK later on, I got a haunted mansion and a space mountain one. We had an ADR at Ohana so was making the most of being near MK and popping in to do few rides first.

We left about 3.15, the bus was quite busy with people coming back to the park so seemed slow getting round the resort (the downside to being the first stop).

We didn't realise they took a photo in Haunted Mansion

We stopped for a dole whip using a snack credit, it was a twisted dole whip with raspberry and pineapple.

We also had a go on It's a Small World - it has to be done on every trip, but I always say I would never queue for it. We waited about 10 mins so kind of broke my word, and we saw a bit of the show in front of the castle.

I had bought this badge of Etsy, it is a bit of an inside joke as the building I work in has two towers, one of which I sit in and it is so stuffy!

Space mountain broke down so we didn't end up getting to use this one. We had scanned in but then were worried about being late for our ADR so we left the park.

We jumped on the wrong monorail and ended up at the TTC, we walked to Polynesian Hotel. We were told it was a 10 min walk, it was only 5 but we walk at London pace 😂.

We checked in at Ohana and were shown to a table within 5 mins, we had quite a strange table, it was too long to sit opposite as it was quite noisy, I definitely wouldn't of been able to hear a word Chris said so we sat the same side. It felt strange but least we could chat and we did have a view of the castle.

Chris had a beer to drink and I got a Bahama mama. We got our pineapple bread, then the salad, noodles, chicken and pork dumplings.

We then had chicken, steak and shrimp (for Chris). This was so good, I think the chicken was actually my favourite.

We were then given our banana bread pudding. I had been looking forward to this

This would have come to about $125 and we used two table credits.
We finished just after 8 and decided we wanted to watch the fireworks from the beach so we went and got a drink from the pool bar. I got the lime dole whip Margarita and Chris got a beer. This came to $21.

All the seats on the beach were taken so we just sat on the sand and waited for the happy ever after fireworks.

If you've not watched it from Polynesian beach I encourage you to, just wow. They play the music through to the beach and I think you can see and appreciate how amazing the fireworks are. I'm glad we had seen the show in MK first to see the projections, but if you have time, go see the fireworks there too!

We didn't want to deal with the mad rush for a bus or monorail so we got a Lyft back, which was about $10. We got back and went to bed.

Day 17 - Keys to the Kingdom tour

Edited at 08:47 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List